• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need suggestions

kelscross

DIS Veteran
I have already decided to book the Polynesian Luau, Chef Mickey's dinner (loved it last year!!), Crystal Palace breakfast (didn't care for dinner but loved the characters so we're gonna try breakfast), and the Princess Story Book Breakfast.

I would like to try something maybe with illuminations is the Rose and Crown expensive? What are some other suggestions for EPCOT illuminations?

What about Ohana? I hear it is excellent, is it pricey?

I don't mind paying good money for excellent food and service and atmosphere, but keep in mind I will be taking my two little ones (age 2) so I need something they will like also.

We did the luau in 1997 when they had both the regular luau and Mickey's Luau. We did Mickey's Luau and it was the worst food ever. My son fell asleep before the show even started. Our nieces thought it was so-so. We won't do it again.

We tried R&C last January and wouldn't do that one again either. Food was only mediocre and we couldn't see Illuminations from where we sat. Service was very slow.

We love Teppanyaki and San Angel Inn, but you can't see Illuminations from either of these places while you eat.

Liberty Tree Tavern has a great menu for lunch and you get family style with characters at dinner.

How about Whispering Canyon Cafe? Another idea for illuminations is to get together with some other Dis folk and do an illuminations cruise. If you get 12 people for a cruise, it's just $10 per person. We did the luau in 2000 and thought it was ok

I think we're gonna add O'hana to our PS. The atmosphere sounds really great for the kids. We are still gonna keep our other PS's. We are looking forward to the luau as it will be the girls' birthday dinner (their 3rd birthday is the day after we come home) they think they are staying at Lilo and Stitch's house (the poly) and I think they will be tickled to death to see the hula dances. The can do the entire hula routine at the beginning of the Lilo and Stitch movie!

Thanks for the suggestion guys!!

We would DEFINITELY recommend the Rose & Crown - it is not any more expensive than any of the other meals in Epcot. But you have to make sure you reserve a table outside - it faces the water and you will be able to watch Illuminations from your table. We have eaten both inside and out and eating outside is just more romantic. Let us know what you decide:)

The Rose & Crown is a must for me each visit. Actually on my last trip I dined there for dinner on my 1st and last day! The food is excellent and so is the service. Make sure to request a patio table, check-in early and tell them you do not mind waiting for a patio table. You won't be disappointed.::yes::

Some other suggestions would be:

Magic Kingdom:
Crystal Palace
Cindy's
Liberty Tree Tavern

EPCOT:
Garden Grill & Le Cellier

MGM:
50's Primetime Cafe

Animal Kingdom:
Tusker House

Resorts:
O'Hana's
California Grill
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Beaches & Cream
Spoodle's

DTD:
House of Blues & Ghiradelli's

ENJOY!!!
:jumping1: :thewave:

We ate at Ohanas over the weekend for hte first time and i really felt like we got our money's worth in the food. It was excellent, and plenty of it! Sounds pricey, but there was alot there, and they do have entertainment for the kids, as well.

I always highly recommend Marrakesh, it was one of the best meals I've had at WDW. YUM!

DH and I love Crystal Palace. It's on our must do list each trip and we find the food very good. We haven't tried the dinner but have never had a bad experience in our many trips for breakfast. Hope you have a great trip!

We just returned last week. O'hana was perfect.
We were celebrating our Anniversary and DS 11 b'day.
Given window seat in main dining room. We could see the castle changing colors as we ate.

The food was rated the best of our trip by my DH and DS's. (I think Boma might have edged it out for me, but I thought it was great)

We will go again!!!!

The meats are to die for!!!!

BelleRN

We love Ohanas and did it 2x last trip. Our DS (3,1,1) also enjoyed it very much. My oldest DS loved the string beans??? Go figure. I have a hard time getting him to eat them before that. DIsney magic strikes again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter