Need tip on what week to go in august

goofy33

Goofy, Truely Goofy
:cool: We are cruising on the magic august 10-17 for our anniversary. 20 years. we plan on doing disney, but can't decide to go first or after. would it be less crowded after? Any input would be apreciated.
thank you
goofy:cool:

tend to be less crowded within Disney compared to the beginning of the month.

Last year we were at Disney from August 19-27 and we noticed that compared to all the times we have gone towards early August, this later time was less packed on a daily basis.

Even though we still indeed had to contend with being surrounded by crowds of people along with having to stand in lines for rides, we were able to navigate the park more easily because the density wasn't quite as high as it was during the first of August.

I remember practically walking on Pirates of the Carribean without a long line at all and even had a short wait for Small World in M.K. We breezed right through Epcot too in the afternoon without the long wait times we normally had with start of August.

I would think this reduction in crowd size is due to most schools reopening around about this period and a lot of people returning back to work from traditional summer vacation.

So, I would definitely reccommend the end part of August after your Magic cruise if you would like to avoid some time standing in lines along with wanting to escape the mass crowds as much as possible.

Hope this helps.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

I agree. One of the most crowded times is in the summer months--July and August. But as it gets later in August, the crowds usually start to get smaller. My family usually goes mid to late August and it seems like the crowds tend to be lighter towards the end of our vacation. So, the later in August you go, the better.

Depends on what kind of park hours you are looking for. The early week of Aug the parks stay open much later and the latter week the parks close early. Our Aug vacation of 99, we were there from the 15th-28th. That split the late/early park closings and to be honest, I did not see a change in park attendance during those 2 weeks.

I would expect less people at the parks and resorts later in August. Many school systems start back in the middle of August (August 13 for my kids) which reduces the potential WDW visitors during that time period. It's interesting how the park hours play into it. The following web site has some crowd info. Crowds and Weather

WE will be going to WDW last week of August, Hope the parks will not be crowded?? Second trip this year for us. WE had a great time in Feb, Was not crowded untill Pres day. CBR July 99, Allstar movies Feb 2001, Allstar Music Aug 2001,,,,,,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter