Need to know now please

Momager

Mouseketeer
I’m getting a mani pedi right now. It’s in a shop, but it’s by the owner and she’s the only person who works here.

Do I tip her?? I was always told you never tip the owner, and I don’t tip my guy who does my hair out or his house. But he doesn’t have the overhead of the mail lady…

WWYD!?

I tip my hair stylist and she owns the shop and is the only stylist there. Same for the place I occasionally go to get my nails done. I tip no matter who is doing the service.

I own a salon attached to my home. I am very grateful for my tips. I do have some that do not tip since I own the salon. I do not make the money I used to make in the salon. Funny, I thought I would make more on my own, boy was I wrong. My prices are also lower then they would be. The space I use has a mortgage on it. I have an electric bill, insurance, phone bill etc. I love being on my own, but I miss the money I use to make. I'm sure whomever is completing your service will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

I own a salon attached to my home. I am very grateful for my tips. I do have some that do not tip since I own the salon. I do not make the money I used to make in the salon. Funny, I thought I would make more on my own, boy was I wrong. My prices are also lower then they would be. The space I use has a mortgage on it. I have an electric bill, insurance, phone bill etc. I love being on my own, but I miss the money I use to make. I'm sure whomever is completing your service will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

What a strange comment. You also have tax deductions for all of those things you listed. You chose to own your own business. I would gather if it wasn't beneficial to you in some way then you wouldn't do so and you would go back to working in someone else's space so you could make SO much extra money off those tips.

* Edited because my comment somehow referenced 2 comments which I didn't intend.

Not sure how tipping has anything to do with who owns the business. Seems you tip the person providing the service.

Update - So the salon has my card on file, and while I was in the bathroom, she ran my card for the total amount, no tip. So I guess she wasn't expecting one? I tipped last time... Maybe she was expecting cash?? I feel like she includes you tip in the price because I paid $105 for a regular pedicure, and a gel fill...

Update - So the salon has my card on file, and while I was in the bathroom, she ran my card for the total amount, no tip. So I guess she wasn't expecting one? I tipped last time... Maybe she was expecting cash?? I feel like she includes you tip in the price because I paid $105 for a regular pedicure, and a gel fill...
The tip is generally separate, unless you specified add x dollars for tip before you went to the ladies room.
Or there is always the option to pay by CC, tip in cash.

What a strange comment. You also have tax deductions for all of those things you listed. You chose to own your own business. I would gather if it wasn't beneficial to you in some way then you wouldn't do so and you would go back to working in someone else's space so you could make SO much extra money off those tips.

* Edited because my comment somehow referenced 2 comments which I didn't intend.
A bit unnecessarily abrasive there. :rolleyes: She was just giving us the "owners" perspective on the issue, which is very much on-point to the thread topic.

A bit unnecessarily abrasive there. :rolleyes: She was just giving us the "owners" perspective on the issue, which is very much on-point to the thread topic.
I don't think calling the comment strange is abrasive but to each their own. I think complaining about the things that are part of owning a business is abrasive. But we are each entitled to our opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter