• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need to make sure they use the right tickets in my MDE.

SuzyQue

Serious Mickey Nut
We have non expiring tickets we don't want to use this trip and I've read that I need to have Guest Services do this. Anyone been to Guest Services in Disney Springs recently, are the lines long? Really don't want to do it upon arriving at park, or is that easier? :confused3

I called before a cheer trip to Disney ticketing services--- to make sure they didn't use my non expiring and only the cheer pkg tickets. Many hours on hold. They still pulled the days from my non expiring ticket. Many, many hours on hold after the cheer trip to get it fixed. Then 6 mos later I'm one of the lucky ones whose non expiring tickets had days just poof! gone. We had one ticket drop from 7 days to 4. To this day Disney has not reinstated the days that vanished- they advise me that the number of days is accurate- despite my issues with the cheer trip. Apparently they don't make mistakes, and the many other non expiring ticket holders whose tickets vanished must have had inaccurate days listed as well.

On my last trip I had non expiring tickets pulled from my account for myself, husband and son despite the fact that we had military salute tickets that I requested be used first because they were about to expire. On our last day I ended up at Guest Services at the Magic Kingdom and after a long discussion they were able to fix the issue but it took valuable time from my vacation. I am leaving for my next trip in a few weeks and we again have military tickets and I have been wondering how I can have the military tickets prioritized first without having to spend hours in line or on hold. Good luck to the both of us!

I have previously had success stopping at guest services or the ticket booth before entering a park on my first day to prioritize tickets. I would not trust calling ahead.

Back when MDE first started I got in line at guest services at the park and they had CMs with iPads walking through the line asking what help we needed. I explained I needed to make sure they were using the right tickets, and she handled it right there and then no problem. I was just hoping to get it done before the park, that's why I questioned how busy the one at Disney Springs is.

I haven't stopped by since the phone lines have gotten so bonkers but no, the DS ticket counter wasn't crazy busy.

Are they partially used tickets? I was able to move unused tickets to a phantom member on MDE to keep them from being used.

Because believe it or not, I've had their system pick a ticket over an Annual Pass (activated, in use, not blocked out annual pass). When I dealt with getting it fixed the CM who handled it claimed it was quite common for someone to want to use a ticket instead of their Annual pass. I called BS on that but whatever. I did get it fixed.

I haven't stopped by since the phone lines have gotten so bonkers but no, the DS ticket counter wasn't crazy busy.

Are they partially used tickets? I was able to move unused tickets to a phantom member on MDE to keep them from being used.

Because believe it or not, I've had their system pick a ticket over an Annual Pass (activated, in use, not blocked out annual pass). When I dealt with getting it fixed the CM who handled it claimed it was quite common for someone to want to use a ticket instead of their Annual pass. I called BS on that but whatever. I did get it fixed.
Yes they are partially used tickets, non expiring and park hoppers. We're only doing 2 days with the grandkids and only MK, so we bought 2 day base tickets, don't want to waste the others.

Make another "person" on YouTube account and transfer the tickets to them? That's what I have right now with a few complimentary 1 day tickets.

In Jan while staying at the Poly, we walked over to the TTC and went to a ticket window. The CM was able to confirm that our tickets were properly prioritized to use the date specific park passes first, then our remaining 4 NE+ tics. I verified everything after our first day at a park. We also have 2 DVC AP Vouchers from 2011 sitting in a dummy MDE account ready to transfer to our MDE accounts.

The DS guest services will give you a text return time if there is a long wait, so that you can shop/eat while waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter