Need to Replace Steakhouse 71 As Our Go To Breakfast Table Service

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
When Steakhouse 71 opened to replace The Wave, we tried breakfast there and fell in love with the Steakhouse Feast.

We went two days in a row recently. The second day we went we were told the Feast is no more as of the day before. Based on the comments on the site, the Feast is not coming back.

If I was Disney I would have gotten rid of it, too. Many people loved it and it was a great value for a breakfast meal................... but I digress.

We were excited to see Garden Grill Breakfast is reopening in June. We love that meal and especially the Sticky Buns. As wife and I are in our 60's the characters are nice, but the food is much more important.

Where would you recommend us trying for a table service breakfast?

I've always enjoyed the breakfast skillets at Whispering Canyon. Not sure if you want to see more characters, but Topolino's is the best TS breakfast we've ever had on property - the pastry basket alone is worth going to the breakfast!

Ale & Compass was beyond amazing, those crab egg benedict.. I'm still dreaming about them, plus the small buffet section had small things that are felt home made

Trattoria Al forno at boardwalk is sooooo good. And from there you can easily walk to Epcot or studios

Trattoria Al forno at boardwalk is sooooo good. And from there you can easily walk to Epcot or studios
Second that one.

Not nearly as hard to get as Topolino's either.

We like 'Ohana breakfast. Loves me some Stitch, not like you could tell if you look closely at my avatar. That pineapple-coconut bread is fantastic!

Have done that or CP as our First Day Home breakfast for years, because of course, MK must be our first park.

GF Cafe and Kona Cafe if you need alternatives in that area. Both are excellent breakfast spots that are pretty easy to get into.

Ale & Compass was beyond amazing, those crab egg benedict.. I'm still dreaming about them, plus the small buffet section had small things that are felt home made

I second Ale & Compass for breakfast. The shrimp and grits are to die for, and I generally don't like seafood! The little buffet is also really good. The 24 hour oats and biscuits and gravy are real winners there

Boma is our favorite, but we also really enjoy Whispering Canyon. Both are solid options at a reasonable (for Disney) price. We really don't care about doing a character meal, so it's not worth it for us to pay that extra cost.

I second the GF and Kona Cafe. GF for sure if you're staying there. Steakhouse 71 was ok... food was good. Someone mentioned the coffee at the Kona Cafe. Get the pot which is about three good cups! Tasty and has what we drink coffee for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter