Need transportation advice

TNMomof3

Trying to earn my PhDVC!
We are trying to decide whether to rent a minivan or use a town car service. We are a family of 5, with 3 kids ages 8, 6 and 7mos. We initially thought about using the town car service, for the ease of getting to our WDW resort. After some thought, I'm wondering if we won't be better off renting a van.

We will take the Disney buses to the parks, but have 3 meals scheduled at other resorts and my big kids are attending the Pirate Cruise. I thought we would call a cab for those times, but worry about having to tote around a car seat. Do cabs provide car seats?

From what I've added up, it looks like we would probably spend a little over $100 more to rent a van than we would to take a town car and taxis.

I'm wondering how easy it is to get from MCO to ASMo and if there are any good grocery stores to stop at on the way. I didn't really want to have to think about this stuff, but it may be worth it, not to have to leave our resort 1hr.- 11/2hrs. prior to a resort PS.

What would you do?

Thanks for your help :)

You would have to determine how many times you would need to get a cab, plus factor in the waiting and hauling with 3 children and especially the little one. I don't know how long you will be in Orlando, but you can get a minivan lately for 209 per week + taxes with Dollar. If there are only 5 of you, you may be able to fit into a full size car like an Intrepid which would cost less. I don't know about cabs and car seats as I have never used a cab when I travelled with my family. Maybe someone else can answer that. If you are planning on a lot of resort hopping, I would say go for a rental car personally.

It's a lot easier getting around to the other resorts if you have your own transportation. It can be done using WDW buses, etc., but nothing direct and you would need the time it takes for both legs and the wait in between.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter