• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need your help and ideas for 2 yr. olds "Mickey" Birthday party

jiggerj

<font color=blue>There are important things to dis
I am hoping that you might have some fun ideas for a 2 year olds birthday party. We are doing a Mickey Mouse theme (of course) and will be having about 18 adults and 14 children for a backyard bbq. All family and close friends. Any recipe ideas or games for the kids (ages 12 and under) to play? Also stuck for ideas for goodie bag/party tokens. Thank you in advance ! Laura

For party tokens, the Disney Store always has tons of little key chains, magic towels (that grow when placed in water) and MM ears.

How about making edible playdough for the kids (if nobody is allergic to peanuts). Either recipe #1 or #2 will be good. Give the kids some M&M's and other candies to decorate with.

Peanut Butter Playdough
Coral Reef/Living Seas

Need (Recipe 1):
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup liquid honey
1 cup powdered milk
1 cup rolled oats

Need (Recipe 2):
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup white corn syrup
1 cup powdered sugar
3 cups powdered milk

Recipe 1: Mix together and use.

Recipe 2: In a large bowl, mix peanut butter, corn syrup, and powdered sugar together. Add powdered milk and knead until smooth. (Add more powdered milk if you need to.)
The children can mold dough into any shape they wish. Additions: provide children with various decorating materials, (raisins, chocolate chips, raspberry chips, butterscotch chips, shredded coconut, dried fruit, pretzels, smarties etc.) This is FOOD and children must wash their hands before touching the dough and only touch the dough on their plates.

Just did a "Mickey & Friends" party for my daughter a couple of months ago.
I ordered the party supplies from BirthdayExpress.com. For the goodie bags I gave Mickey stickers and the Mickey fruit roll-ups that I had bought at Target.

Here is my idea for a game that any age can play. Get a big cardboard box from like Home Depot and cut off one side of it and paint or color it with blue waves and fish and fill it with goodies then make a fishing pole out of a stick and a string with a clothespin tied to the end.

There are 2 ways to do those, you can have the kids"earn" a fishing trip or just have them line up and then have one of the older kids in the back attach a small toy to the clothespin and when they pull it out - They caught something!

Kids love this game - I usually make them earn a trip by throwing away there food plates and then they line up, my daughter was always the one hiding behind and attaching the gifts so I always bought her something a little special.

If you have a dollar store near you, it is a great place to purchase the prizes. On a hot summer day squirt guns are usually a big hit.

I learned this one on Martha: scoop the ice cream on to a cookie sheet with wax paper the night before the party that way you don't have to do it during the party.

Thanks all for your great responses ! Took a trip to the Disney Store and found character cups that I filled with goodies and mickey lollipops. The disney Store even supplied the boxes, tissue and really neat name tags for each cup that I bought. Look wonderful ! Thanks to all again ! The playdough and fishing for goodies will be fun too ! laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter