needing inspiration

scarlett873

<font color=hotpink>Surrounded by true friends<br>
hey everyone!! i've never been over to this board before!! hopefully you guys will help kick me in the butt to begin my weight loss...

about 2 years ago, i really began to do the weightloss thing seriously. there was the potential of seeing my old high school sweetheart and i knew there was no way that i was going to allow him to see me that way. i wasn't huge by any means, but i had gained about 50 pounds since seeing him the last time (a period of over 9 years). i was very unhappy with myself. my friends were all thin and could wear all of the latest styles, but they never looked quite right on me. a co-worker of mine had lost a tremendous amount of weight and that was the initial inspiration i needed. i asked her how she did it and i began the same program...

she would exercise regularly and she took metabolife. she was very conscious of what she ate as well. i began taking metabolife and then regularly working out. i did tae bo with a friend of mine. i loved it!! before i knew it, i had dropped about 30 pounds! i was very proud of myself...

then my world changed drastically. i did see my high school sweetie (who is now my DH) and my lifestyle changed. i got lazy again and before i knew it, all of my weight came back. i'm very unhappy about it...the final straw was this morning. i couldn't even put on my favorite skirt...

and to top it all off, my sister is getting married in june. i'm a bridesmaid...the rest of her attendants are stick (and i mean STICK) thin...the dresses will all look great on them! i will look alright in mine too, but i won't be happy about it. the dresses are red, 2 pieces, the top is a sleeveless satin corset style that laces up the back, and the skirt is straight and floor length.

i need some help and inspiration guys!!! please get me motivated!! i don't have much time before her wedding and i don't want to look at myself in the pictures if i don't lose any of this weight...

Try setting your goal for yourself. Not for someone else or some event. Make it personal. I think the Dr. Phil thread where it was mentioned that you can be better off a year later, the same or worse...but the year will pass is a wonderful point.

Find something that you can live with for the rest of your life. Then it is a lifestyle change and not a fad diet where you will stop and gain the weight back. You can probably workout regularly like before and drop a good portion of what you are wanting to drop.

I am sure you will look great at the wedding. I would not look good as a 'STICK'...my cheeks would be drawn in, so my face would not look good (first place I always lose).

Congratulations on marrying your high school sweetheart, what a wonderful story!

I don't know if this would work for you, but I LOVE reading success stories and the internet is full of them. I am on WW and I really like it. but like Believe said, you have to do this for yourself and know that you can do it! Also, something that has helped me is to find someone to check in with and be a cheerleader for you! I found my friend right here on WISH! ( Hi Jody!:wave: ). Good luck!

Scarlett,

I am not sure what to say to motivate you.

Tonight my DH and I bought a treadmill. I don't know what else to do to get rid of my extra weight.

About a year ago I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. The doctor told me that it sometimes make people gain weight.
I think that was some of it, but the rest of it is I don't watch what I am eating.

Try to drink more water....I am still trying to do this. I am also keeping track of the food I eat. If I eat a big lunch, like I did yesterday at work, I eat a small dinner.
I try not to eat after 7 p.m. And hopefully either tomorrow or Friday I can start on the treadmill.

Good luck on your weight loss.....pm me if you need some support!
We could all use some help now and then.

Lisa

I have just found this WISH board. I can understand where you need inspiration. I started WW in Oct. 2000 and as of Oct. 2001 I lost 41 pounds. Then the holidays happened and a trip to WDW. I have not been able to get myself motivated. I homeschool our children and if I don't get up before them to get on the treadmill, I just can't get my exercise in. I am not one that really enjoys getting up earlier than necessary, but I am going to have. Also, being around the house is harder to resist the temptation of the kitchen. I am getting back on the horse and getting my act back together. You can do anything you set your mind to. You have a great reason to go for it. Keep us posted on how you are doing and I will do the same.

Tammy

Sometimes getting started is the hardest part. Coming here will be good encouragement. The WISH board is new for me, too. Your short term goal is to look good for your sister's wedding. But after that -what is your motivation? Like believe said, "Make it personal". My short term goal is to be able to go to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon in June. After that, I want SO to be proud that I'm hanging on his arm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter