Neither car wreck, perforated colon, or dark of night...

pigletforever

DIS Veteran
What is a Disney Fanatic to do once the package reservations are made? :confused3 Make dining reservations?:confused3 That is done as well. Make airline reservations? :confused3Waiting for better prices, so that can't be done quite yet. Buy tons of matching Disney shirts for the crew?:confused3 Waiting for the fall Disney shopping sale so that is out. I know what I can do write my first PTR!!!!!:thumbsup2

Looking at other PRT it appears proper etiquette is to introduce the cast of characters for the excursion but I an not always PC so instead I will tell you how we got to this marvelous adventure in the first place. Mainly because I have to find the pictures to go with the intro.

We spent time at WDW in October 2006. It was our oldest son's graduation trip. We spent 9 glorious days at AKL Concierge level. It was at the time what I thought was the trip of a lifetime. After those wonderful days I dreamed of going back. We tried a couple times but things always got in the way. First DH job transferred us from Kansas to Albuquerque in June 2007 - And oldest DS was broadsided by a car 5 days after we moved to ABQ. He lived in Kansas at the time. Pretty helpless feeling getting a call saying " Mom, the car is totaled and Aunt Lisa is on the way" Then trying to call back and hearing "They have to come to me I can't walk" and the phone going dead. There went our Christmas 2007 trip. He had surgery in Jan 2008 for a torn menicus that had been undiagnosed since the wreck.

Then in June 2008 they moved us again from ABQ to Sacramento. Once we moved to Sac my husband ended up with a perforated colon and ended up with Sepsis. He also had 2 Pulmonary Embolisms after surgery. There went Christmas 2008. So I had my sights set on Christmas 2009. All was looking good until September 25, 2009 when DH was hit by a car riding his bike to work. Broke his collar bone. Guess what? There went Christmas 2009.

So I put the family on notice Christmas holiday 2010 I was going do Disney and those who were able to walk were welcome to come. I want this trip, I need this trip, I DESERVE this trip!!!!!!

We arrive December 30, 2010 and will be staying at the BLT (not DVC members...YET). We leave to return to Sacramento (and Kansas for two of the crew) on Jan 9, 2011. One member of the crew has never been to Disney, so there is much magic to plan.

Stay tuned for crew intro and our dining plan.....

We just had to cancel our trip because our car died and we could not go last year because husband had hip replacement surgery!I am glad that everyone in your family is doing well now and you have a wonderful trip:goodvibes I look foward to reading more. sending a little luck your way:shamrock:

Wow! I am second!:cool1: Sounds like you and your family have been through enough. You deserve this trip. Looking forward to more!popcorn::

Kelly

Well I am finally back. Thanks for my 2 lone readers....

I am Cathy. I am a Disney fanatic. But if I weren't I wouldn't be hanging on the the DIS BOARD would I? I never went as a kid. So I am trying to make up for it as an adult. We moved to Northern Cali 2 years ago and I have made it to Disney land twice this year and have one more trip scheduled in September. I am a stay at home mom who home schools my 8 year old. I am also in school full time finishing my Psych degree. I want to get a Master's in Educational Psych.

DH Scott is my best friend. We went to high school together. He dated my best friend in high school. She reintroduced us 14 years ago when she and her husband were moving and we were at a going away party for them. He tolerates my obsession. He humors me. He never gets excited about the trips but he ALWAYS has a great time when we get there.

Ican't pics down loaded of us recently so here are pics from our 2006 trip.
ry%3D400

This is DH he now weighs 130 pounds less. He would kill me if he knew I used this picture.

I am looking for a picture of me but they aren't on the upload site. Give me time I have others that are not disney.

Here is oldest son. This is Phil. He is now 21. He was 17 when these were taken
ry%3D400

He is an amazing kid. We have a great relationship.He won't admit his love of Disney. He "tolerates it" but deep down he loves it as much as me.

ry%3D400

This is my little guy, Andrew. He is the love of my life. He has Asperger's and the reason I do so many of the things I do. He has no clue this trip is coming. Santa will be bringing it to him. :rolleyes1 He is now 8. I really need to get our pics from Christmas at Disneyland uploaded. He loves Disney.

Person 5 in this wonderful trip is not pictured. This is because
I have no pictures of her. Betsy. She is my oldest son's girlfriend. I am so glad she is coming. She has never ever been to Disney. She is the reason I get to do CRT this time. Having an extra girl helps me get what I want. Wait till you see what time I scored for our CRT breakfast!!!! I was good. Tinkerbell sent pixie dust that day.

One pic I have to share from our last trip. THis was Phil's graduation cake. It was waiting in our room when we arrived. Can't remember what bakery but we were at AKL and it cost about 75.00 at the time. I am hoping to do some kind of cake this time just don't know what to do.

ry%3D480

Next up our dining reservations.

Look forward to reading more.I also have an 8yr old son.The pictures are great you have a lovely family.That cake looks amazing I would love to surprise my family with something like that.

As you can see in my siggie, I also have a big age difference with my kids. So fun, I think! I get to enjoy all the differences at once!;) Looking forward to hearing more about your planning! If you put a link in your siggie, more people may find your report!:thumbsup2 Sorry, I don't know how to do it but somewhere there must be a link to tell you how!:confused3

The sad thing is I don't even know what a siggie is!My sister is 8 years younger than me so when she was 5 I was 13 not so fun (we had to share a room) now 32 and 40 we are best friends!I know nothing about computers,facebook,texting or any of it, my family would be shocked I'm on line!So maybe I'II get my little sis to help!So have you made any ADR?

A "siggie" is what a lot of have under our posts. It usually lists previous visits, tickers until next visit etc.

Yes I have my reservations made. I plan on posting them tonight.

When we went to WDW in 2006 the automated system had not come into play. You had to call at 180+10 and do all of your reservations on the phone and were at the mercy of the CM to get the hard to get reservations. We have come a long way BABY!!!

Thanks to reading on here I learned about the "glitch" in the computer reservation system. So I started making my reservations on day 190. I made them for each day. There were some reservations that HAD to be made with a CM so those were done on July 3 which was my actual reservation day.

Here is what we are doing...

DH, Drew and I are flying to Kansas City on December 29. Then we are getting up and flying to Orlando on December 30. I am getting ready to make those flight reservations Monday. I want to get the 6:00AM flight out of KC. Phil and Betsy call it "ugly early" Don't know why they would complain - we are the ones with the jet lag issues coming from California. We will arrive in Orlando before noon.

Anyway here is where we are eating :

December 30 arrive
Dinner- Crystal Palace
Then to the Contemp for Pirates and Pals Firework Cruise

December 31 - MGM Day
Breakfast - Chef Mickey "Ugly Early" Before 8AM
Lunch -Sci Fi
Dinner - Prime Time

Jan 1 AKL Day
Breakfast - Tusker House
Lunch - Yak and Yeti (still not positive)
Dinner Hoop De Doo Review

Jan 2 MK Day
Breakfast - CRT - before the park opens. This is one I had to talk to a person for so I didn't jump the gun on it.
Lunch - Counter Service
Dinner Whispering Canyon

Jan 3
Breakfast - ???
Lunch Les Chefs de France
Dinner - Kona (this was one of Phil's requests)

Jan 4
We are going to Universal this day. We are all excited to check out Harry Potter.

Jan 5
Breakfast Akershus
Lunch?
Dinner - California Grill
Drew will be going to Neverland Club and we will have an adult dinner.

Jan 6 (this will probably be a down day until evening)
Breakfast Waves?
Lunch - snacks
Early Dinner at Brown Derby for Fantasmic

Jan 7
Breakfast - possibly 1900 Park Faire (?) Not one of my fave character breakfast
Lunch?
Dinner - Coral Reef

Jan 8
Breakfast ?
Lunch Rose and Crown
Dinner Le Cellier (DH and Phil request)

Things are pretty well set. I figure the ?? will be counter service or snack type meals. We are on the Deluxe Dining Plan. I thought about the T-REX but we have been to the original in Kansas City several times and I don't see any reason to pay for a meal when we have the dining plan.

I am so EXCITED about getting into MK before the park opens for the CRT. That has ALWAYS been something I wanted to do. I want a picture in front of the castle with out a bunch of people in the back ground. Silly I know but....

The plans look great! We have done some of those and some are on my definite "must-do" list for next year!:thumbsup2 You guys sure won't be hungry!!!! We did the regular dining plan in 2009 and we were stuffed!;)

I was thinking of doing breakfast at Akershus but I"m they only "girl" in the group so do you think it would be fair if I draged my boys their ?pirate::flower3:pirate:

I went and upset the apple cart today. DH went for a 5 hour bike ride and I had nothing to do but plan the trip (pay no attention to the stack of dishes in the sink and the laundry monster growling in the corner.:lmao:)

I found out that Betsy was a little nervous about staying in the same room as us (yes I know it was a 2 bedroom suite but...) DH was also a little uptight about the same thing so....I gave up my reservation at BLT :scared1:

We are now doing 2 courtyard rooms at Wilderness Lodge. I have seen pictures and I am excited to see the Christmas decorations in person.:cloud9: I was a little hesitant about BLT/Contemp and lack of Disney Theme but I was OK with it.

On top of that I have redone the ADR's for the umpteenth time. I think if I send another spread sheet to Phil and Betsy marked "current as of xx/xx/xxxx" someone will have me commited. Great way to impress FDIL showing what an overbearing, over planning MIL I can be.

Today I also realized that by changing a few things on our flights we could save 500.00 so I redid those as well. This will teach DH for leaving me alone.:laughing: Instead of leaving on the 29th and going to KC and meeting the kids and flying to MCO on the 30th we are all flying in on the 29th from our respective cities and staying at the MCO hotel. or maybe I will be able to snag a night at a value. either way we saved 500 by not flying to KC first. (well maybe not "saved" but more to spend at WDW) NOTE if you make the changes on line, Southwest does not charge a change fee.

I do think I had better stop changing things or I may start forgetting what I have done. Thank goodness for my Passporter and paper white out.

I guess the best thing to do now is start making my packing/shopping list. One can never start shopping for moleskin and body glide too early!!!

Have a magical day. I will post my ADR redo soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter