Nemo show at AK

Hated it. Finding Nemo was not a musical! To me the songs felt forced and wildly out of place.

I fell asleep three times during the show! :teeth:

My opinion is that it is not worth it. My kids watched Nemo repeatedly when they were young, so I knew the story backwards and forwards. Nemo at AK is a retelling of the story using actors and puppets, not a new Nemo adventure. IMHO, I thought the Lion King was much better.

wow -- i cant' see how anyone would give it bad reviews...its not "pictures of fish" they are HUGE puppets - the actors have amazing voices and to say that the songs are forced? in a musical? hmmmm. to each their own I suppose. even if you don't like it I can't see not going with the rest of your family. its air conditioned in florida with comfortablish seating. take a snooze lol

My personal views
FOTLK show 10/10
FNTM show 7/10
with that said, if you have the time I would go see it, every show is worth a viewing at least once, so you can judge for yourself

Last edited:

Pictures of fish?

Right?!? It would have worked for PP to say they didn't like the style of the show rather than make something up, which could be taken by someone who had not seen the show as truth. :confused3 No point.

wow -- i cant' see how anyone would give it bad reviews...its not "pictures of fish" they are HUGE puppets - the actors have amazing voices and to say that the songs are forced? in a musical? hmmmm. to each their own I suppose. even if you don't like it I can't see not going with the rest of your family. its air conditioned in florida with comfortablish seating. take a snooze lol

I would get my eyes checked if they saw pictures of fish when they were awesome puppets that like the Broadway Lion King ones. They are a fabulous way to tell a story.

You'll come out of it convinced that the original film was a musical too. Then, when you watch the film again, you'll wonder where the music is!

It wasn't? :scratchin

Most seem to like it by what people say on here..we watched it about 2 years ago and that one time was enough for us. We thought it sucked. We enjoy Broadway shows but The Nemo show didn't do it for us.

On the other hand Lion King is the best show on property and that's usually a must see every time we go to AK

Yes, definitely worth seeing. Great music, staging, puppets and costumes. We prefer it over Lion King, but it's just a matter of preference and opinion.

Yup, as we said this is one where you will get opinions either way and part is that is due to the straight up "show" style vs the "interactive" style that may change the appeal. Great talent in both shows.

As far as best show on property .... I am at that place where I would say there is NO best show on property. And honestly so few shows anymore, most old, that I would probably say the top shows are equal in quality (FOTLK, Nemo, Beauty & Best, LM ...) which can't be compared to say a Castle show, which right now are very good and then you drop to the throw something on the stage shows like Frozen. Other than Frozen I would say they are all not to be missed if you can work them in.

My personal views
FOTLK show 10/10
FNTM show 7/10
with that said, if you have the time I would go see it, every show is worth a viewing at least once, so you can make judge for yourself

Agree, if you can do both, do both.

Love it! Definitely see at least once. If you can FP it you will have better seating, although you can see from anywhere.

This is one of our favorite things to do at Animal Kingdom. Depending on how frequently you attend, it might not be something you would do every time. Plus, being indoors, it can be a nice way to get out of the heat. However, if you're going in February, that won't matter. I recommend doing it at least once.

If you haven't seen it then yes, it's a must see. If at all possible. This goes for anything on property.
Doesn't matter what other's opinions are, even if it's overwhelmingly negative, you should see it once for yourself and make the decision.
Because I am 100% certain that if you look hard enough you will find a positive review for every single ride/show/attraction and a negative review for every single ride/show/attraction. Nothing pleases everyone

For us, I love Nemo. Quite unique and creative. Do we see it every trip (like Lion King) no. But we do see it every few trips.

I can't even describe why--but for some reason I just absolutely can't stand that show! It's like nails on a chalk board for me! And I LOVE most of the shows-Festival of the Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, etc. But Finding Nemo--NO!

The last time I saw it, I was with my brother (we were both adults in our 30's) and he LOVED it! He thought it was great!

So, I'd say go ahead and watch it--it's definitely a matter of opinion.

I have to say...I love most of the shows at Disney...but not Nemo. To each his own, though. Obviously, there is a wide range of opinions about it. I hope you enjoy it, if you do go. :fish::fish::fish:

I thought it was ok. The puppets are beautiful and the actors are amazing. However, I kept wondering "does this musical every end?!?"

I thought the Lion King was MUCH better and wished that I had time to see it 2 or 3 times that day!

In my opinion: If you have time, definitely see both. If you don't... Skip Nemo and don't miss Lion King.

Nobody holds a picture of a fish. They are fully articulated puppets.

Whatever they are holding in their hands and running around the stage with, was super boring and we all thought the show stunk. If you loved it, that's great. We thought it was awful. It's good for naptime. Before everyone goes on the attack, this is my OPINION. It was the most boring show X100 that I have ever saw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter