Nervous and excited

twinkles777

Earning My Ears
We leave on Monday for our trip. We’re going to universal for 3 days and then heading to WDW for another 6. It’s been years since I’ve been to either and it sounds like a lot has changed. I’m not worried about riding everything, but my DH is a Star Wars fanatic (and he’s never been to Orlando) and I love Harry Potter, so there are rides we don’t want to miss. I thought I planned well, but thinking I could’ve done a bit better with FP, etc. Hoping everything works out well! Thankful for this site, because I’ve learned a lot (although hopefully not too late!)
Any tips veterans have? Anything you think I need to know? Thanks!

Are you aware that you have to get in a "boarding group" to ride Star Wars "Rise of the Resistance"? And that you have to get to the park at opening for even a chance to get in a boarding group. As of right now you cannot wait in a "regular line" for this ride. You are able to get in a "regular line" for Star Wars "smuggler run" ride. Perhaps you already know all this, but just in case.
I hope you all have a great trip and enjoy everything you want to do. Best wishes.

We just spent MLK weekend at Universal and HS for the same reasons-Harry Potter and Star Wars! These boards helped me immensely. Read through the and plan accordingly and you'll have an awesome time.

The above poster is definitely right, plan to get to HS early enough to be tapped in by park opening to get on RotR, and make sure you have a quick trigger finger on MDE. I think you can kind of practice beforehand.

At Universal, we also for there for rope drop and headed straight to the Hagrid ride. We probably wouldn't have ridden it otherwise, as the lines were around 2 hours the rest of the day (1.5 by the time we got off the ride a few minutes after official park opening).

We just spent MLK weekend at Universal and HS for the same reasons-Harry Potter and Star Wars! These boards helped me immensely. Read through the and plan accordingly and you'll have an awesome time.

The above poster is definitely right, plan to get to HS early enough to be tapped in by park opening to get on RotR, and make sure you have a quick trigger finger on MDE. I think you can kind of practice beforehand.

At Universal, we also for there for rope drop and headed straight to the Hagrid ride. We probably wouldn't have ridden it otherwise, as the lines were around 2 hours the rest of the day (1.5 by the time we got off the ride a few minutes after official park opening).

I was trying to figure out best plan for Hagrids, so thank you! We will plan to head there ASAP when park opens.

Thanks for both comments!!

I was trying to figure out best plan for Hagrids, so thank you! We will plan to head there ASAP when park opens.

Thanks for both comments!!
We were at Universal by 7:30 for a 9am opening. Basically everyone who is there early is doing the same thing, so the earlier you get there and closer to the front the better, because the staff will "walk" everyone over to the ride at rope drop (though a lot of people definitely weren't walking). So being towards the front of the pack definitely helped. We were physically on the ride waiting to launch 4 minutes before 9. Have a blast!

You’ll never see and do EVERYTHING on an Orlando vacation (there is just too much, which is the draw to keep people coming back) , but with 3 days at Universal and 6 at WDW you will have PLENTY of time to hit most attractions/shows and re-ride some too. Trust your planning and don’t forget to relax, enjoy yourself, and allow time for flexibility in plans. Some of the best moments are spontaneous decisions or stopping to people watch or seeing live street performances that you can’t plan out. I prefer to get up early (even though it’s vacation :scared:) to rope drop so I can check several items off my list, then it allows me to relax and go with the flow later in the day. I try to have the mindset that “something” will eventually not go according to plan, but a day at Disney/Universal even with a little stress or crowds is still way better than a day at work, and that helps me to“let it go.” Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter