• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Netbooks - cheep for Christmas

libinatorsmom

DIS Veteran
I am thinking of getting my dad a netbook for Christmas... any advice on them or where to get a deal on one... :)

THanks

I got one last Friday for $228 from Walmart but I hear they have one this week at Target for $197.

Good news: the Target computer is a notebook, not a netbook.

Less good news: it's probably sold out by now :(

I ordered a Toshiba satalite netbook on amazon for $235 for my DD8. We have 2 Toshiba laptops and both have been really good. My oldest DD has had a Dell inspiron netbook for about 3 years and it was very good (we paid $350 but they are now selling for $199) I have heard some negative things about Acer netbooks, but I do have an acer desktop at work which works very well. Maybe someone else can comment on the acer netbooks. they always seem to be the cheapest ones. Good Luck!!

I bought a small Acer netbook almost 4 years ago when net books were first coming out. I don't remember the exact size. 6 or 8 in screen. I passed it on to my teenage daughter after 2 years because I changed jobs and needed a full size laptop. We had some issues with it after my DD downloaded a virus, but once that was taken care of it still works well.
The only complaint that I ever had with it was that due to the small amount of memory, i couldn't run 2 different Facebook games at the same time like I could on my desktop. :)

what is the difference between a netbook, a notebook and a laptop? thanks

A netbook is a small version of a notebook, they don't have cd drives and the screen is less then 12" to technically be a netbook. A notebook is a bigger version of a netbook, normally with a cd drive. A laptop is another name for a notebook. Hope that helped

Last Christmas I bough DH a netbook from Target for about $199 and he loves it! He just uses it for checking e-mail and such when he goes away on business.
He doesn't want a blackberry or iphone so it just right for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter