Netflix

I don't watch it much, but my kids and grandkids watch it all the time when they are at our house, so its worth it for that alone.

Love it. I love Orange is the New Black and can't wait for the new season. We just watched Breaking Bad, just awesome. Currently I am watching Dexter.

I've had Netflix for many years, both streaming and mailed DVD's. Definitely think it is worth the cost. I enjoy being able to watch on my kindle as well as both TV's.

no Netflix, smartphone, movie channels, twitter, instagram or GPS lol...how on earth do I survive? I DID get Prime when it was $67 but have only used it for shipping, the movies seem pretty useless to me.

I am kinda bummed as I am interested in Fuller House, but, the budget says nope. I don't trust myself getting the free trial as I may not give it up.
So yeah, us old school types are still around. :goodvibes
ummmm....It's $8. You can also get Hulu on Ebay for about $2 a month. I spend $10 for lunch at work.

We have Netflix, Hulu, Prime, and stream in many other shows.

The only potential better value than Netflix is if you have Amazon Prime you get free streaming of movies/TV shows/etc. Prime has some stuff that Netflix doesn't, like HBO series, Downton Abbey, etc. But we have both and use both alot. We've cut the cord and have more than enough to watch.

ummmm....It's $8. You can also get Hulu on Ebay for about $2 a month. I spend $10 for lunch at work.

We have Netflix, Hulu, Prime, and stream in many other shows.
That's $8 that goes to other requirements, and I bag my lunch..it's a choice, I know. Just saying, there are folks like me who don't have it. However, like most things in life always a good thing to have choices.

Reactions: ICF
no Netflix, smartphone, movie channels, twitter, instagram or GPS lol...how on earth do I survive? I DID get Prime when it was $67 but have only used it for shipping, the movies seem pretty useless to me.

I am kinda bummed as I am interested in Fuller House, but, the budget says nope. I don't trust myself getting the free trial as I may not give it up.
So yeah, us old school types are still around. :goodvibes

I see in your list that you don't mention no cable/satellite.

We only have Netflix (for the last 10 years), so it's definitely worth the $8 for us-- way cheaper than any cable/satellite plan. (No local channels either, so Netflix is really our only TV source.)

I see in your list that you don't mention no cable/satellite.

We only have Netflix (for the last 10 years), so it's definitely worth the $8 for us-- way cheaper than any cable/satellite plan. (No local channels either, so Netflix is really our only TV source.)
we do have cable as it bundles our internet..no satellite. DH looking into alternatives tho for faster internet, he isn't crazy about Netflix though, from what co-workers have said/cancelled it. I do like our local ABC station, so I am good with it.

We've had it pretty much from the beginning. Some months we use it a lot and other months not so much. The good thing is, my kids who went away for college and use our account on their computers and phones and watch things while at school, and we can watch away from home. It's not like you can only see shows and movies from your one tv. With four of us using it, the cost is very worth it.

I didn't know there were still people who don't have Netflix...

Fewer than half of U.S. households subscribe to it.

I probably wouldn't subscribe even if it was free. Just not interested.

Sometimes I long for the days of antenna TV, with 3 major networks, PBS, and 3 or 4 UHF stations.

It's less than the price of renting 2 movies and you get hundreds of movies and tv shows every month

we do have cable as it bundles our internet..no satellite. DH looking into alternatives tho for faster internet, he isn't crazy about Netflix though, from what co-workers have said/cancelled it. I do like our local ABC station, so I am good with it.

Finfan, you ought to check out Bosch on Amazon Prime. Season One is there, and Season Two starts 3/11.

IMO, it's worth it only for the TV series. I can never find a movie I'm interested in seeing on there, a lot of old titles. You can cancel any time, so if you try it and don't like it, you won't be locked into anything.

Fewer than half of U.S. households subscribe to it.

I probably wouldn't subscribe even if it was free. Just not interested.

Sometimes I long for the days of antenna TV, with 3 major networks, PBS, and 3 or 4 UHF stations.
haha then come on over to our house!:rotfl2: We have an antenna with the network channels....plus netflix,hulu and now amazon prime. BTW netflix is raising the price 2.00 for all of us now.... our 2 years grandfather time is up

Heck, yes. It's hit-or-miss on new movies, but there's a lot of gems available, both movies and tv shows! They've really hit something with their own produced content -- Daredevil, Jessica Jones, House of Cards, OitNB -- and they've got some great content from other sources.

We love ours and use it all the time. The kids don't watch regular TV they just watch things on Netflix. I watch a lot series as well as some movie. DH likes anime so he watches a lot of the series on that. We still have satelittle as well but we went down to the cheapest package a year or so ago since we watch a lot on Netflix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter