• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Neurontin ???

erinch

Parsing the same ee cummings poem for 20 years
I have neuropothy in both feet which is worsening and, after a long time of trying to avoid it, I'm about ready to give neurontin a try before our big FL trip this summer.

The thing is, my weird autoimmune system reacts violently to many meds--terrible joint and groin pain, flu symptoms, etc--This has happened with hormones, sudafed-D, allegra, meclazine, and other long-acting meds.

Anyone with experience with neurontin have any experience you'd share on how your system tolerates it? Feel free to PM.

thanks,
Erin

I take Neurontin (Gabapentin) occasionally to help control severe anxiety/panic attacks. I know it is primarily used to control seizures and is also used for neuropathy. Have you taken Depakote or Tegretol?

Since I have been disabled much of my adult life by mental illness, I have been on trials of a large number of medications, many of which I have had bad reactions to. Neurontin seems to have very few side effects for me and it does not make me especially sleepy or dizzy.

Like all new medications, be sure to try it for the first time when you don't have to drive or "be perky and friendly" at work. Good luck and don't give up. :)

I tried Neurontin for nerve pain and Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy in my feet. I got really sleepy and zonked. I have lots of respiratory weakness & sleep apnea related to my Muscular Dystrophy which causes me to stop breathing when I'm asleep. After being sleepy and found asleep and blue, I decided to stop taking it. But the Neurontin did help my neve pain and sensitivity. I have had a ton of strange and anaphalactic reactions to medicines but not Neurontin...give it a try. Nerve pain stinks!

Good luck!
Christamae

My DD is on Neurontin per the Neurologist for Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy in her foot/ankle. It seems to help tremendously with the pain/redness/swelling. She is a little more sleepy, but she's little and you know how children are- balls of energy! We have slowly weaned her dose down, but the doctor said it's very potent and you can't just quit it cold turkey.

I hope this helps a little! Here's a link to Neurontin.

http://www.neurontin.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter