never had a honeymoon

letfuller

<font color=red>The scheming queen for disney trip
My husband and I are planning our 10 year anniversary in WDW this June. Would I be wrong to buy ears and say I am also on my honeymoon, 10 years late?

If you want my two cents, I say GO FOR IT! I mean why shouldn't you just because the honeymoon isn't immediately following the ceremony? You still deserve it. Actually I was thinking that everytime that hubby and I came down to Disney for our wedding anniversary it would be "ok" to wear the ears. I'm the type that loves special attention so I would just share that we're there celebrating our anniversary --in your case a belated honeymoon.

You'll have so much fun!

Also, I just bought the bridal veil from Disneyland so I could get the headband style. It is soooooo beautiful with sequins and a long veil. I can't wait until my real big day.

Brenda

We saw a couple at the park who had on the bridal ears, but had put a "50" patch on the front, since they were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. You could always wear the ears with a "10" painted or embroidered on them. That way you wouldn't be advertising that you are newlyweds, but you would still get the extra attention of the wedding ears. Quite a few people asked us if we were really newlyweds, and when we were married, so I would personally feel uncomfortable wearing just the plain wedding ears, without something to let people know it was an anniversary. Apparently, from what other guests there said, quite a few people just wear the ears who aren't really newlyweds.
Cheers!
Heather W

Thanks for the input. My DH said he would wear the ears if I bought them, but I really don't want to take the shine from those just married. I like the idea of putting 10 on them, though. Not sure I want to wear or tote them out in the heat of June. Nonetheless, I am excited to be able to (leave the kids at grandma's) and play with my DH!!!!

DH and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary in Disney back in May of 2001. On our first night we did dinner at the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue. My Dreams agent noted our anniversary celebration on my ressie and when DH and I arrived to check in, we were told that we were seated at the "Honeymooner's Table"! :jester: :teeth: That was table 13 front and centerstage....OH IT WAS AWESOME! So you just go for it with the wedding ears and you just make sure you get it embroidered with the 10 years.

Have a blast and give us a report when you return! :p

I'm going to be honeymooning down in the world in September...and I'm making DF wear his ears! :) (I'm also debating getting the headband from DL...heard it was MUCH more comfy than the beanie)

I think you SHOULD get your ears and slap a "10" on them...I don't think you are taking anything away from newlyweds - in this day and age - it seems just making it to 10 years is a challenge. No matter what - when I see a couple walking hand in hand with the ears on - it brings a smile to my face.

congratulations and hope you have a GREAT time!

GO FOR IT!

DW and I are on Honeymoon part 6 and counting...

You might even a T-Shirt made...
"It took me 10 years of marriage to get a honeymoon at Disney World"

:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter