Never Mind

The shows at the Fantasyland Theatre have been great. But I always think that this is prime real estate for an expansion for Fantasyland attractions.
Disneyland maybe planning new attractions.

The shows at the Fantasyland Theatre have been great. But I always think that this is prime real estate for an expansion for Fantasyland attractions.
Disneyland maybe planning new attractions.
Well, I don't want Fantasyland Theatre to be replaced. They can rebuild it, but I don't want it to be replaced.

Nor do I want it closed but the new Powers that be on Disneyland love cutting entertainment and the salaries of performers.

I miss the entertainment that the parks had for many years and they have been slowly disappearing for years. They used to do a daytime parade twice a day, a live band in Tomorrowland, shows in the fantasyland theater and a nighttime parade twice nightly. The parks at night were so magical, sadly I think those days are over in order to turn Disneyland into magic mountain with the goal of getting as many people on rides as they can.

Mixed thoughts… I love entertainment, and would argue that entertainment actually helps with wait times as people have to make more choices. However, DL is probably too crowded to ever return to the days of multiple parades and fireworks each day… they really do create bottlenecks on Main Street.

Consequently, I think it would be unfortunate to lose the theater… it holds a lot of people, it’s essentially outdoors… and can provide space for people to do something when they need a break from rides.

Having said that… I’m just thinking out loud here… could DL fit the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train in this space somehow?

Would such a move help them strategically prepare for the desperately needed Tomorrowland refurb?

Imagine this as a multi-year plan:
- demolish FL Theater
- build 7 Dwarfs Mine Train where FL theater was
- build *something* in the Carousel of Progress space
- revision Autopia with electric cars of the future

- And then, upon the launch of 7DMT, new Autopia, and whatever goes in COP, they cordon off TL from the Hub all the way to the Starcade, allowing them to demo most of Tomorrowland and replace it with new TL rides and experiences. At the same time, developing a show for the TL theater in preparation for a totally new TL.

The problem with fantasy land theater is it takes up a huge portion of space that gets used periodically. It could be turned into an attraction that can be used all the time. It just makes sense to me.

I'm sorry, but since all of you are being so unsupportive, I'm changing this thread to never mind. I'm sorry I post this thread about the theater you guys hate.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but since all of you are being so unsupportive, I'm changing this thread to never mind. I'm sorry I post this thread about the theater you guys hate.

From what I can read, nobody here said they hated the theater. Some people said they liked the shows. Suggesting that the space could be used for different things or that Disney doesn't seem to be focusing on live entertainment is not the same as hating the theater.

It's like if a person said, "I liked Paradise Pier but I like Pixar Pier even more". I wouldn't think they hated Paradise Pier but just that they thought Pixar Pier was an improvement. By the same logic, if someone said they liked the shows at the theater but also suggested an improved way to use the space, they don't hate the theater.

I saw this thread the other day but was on mobile and I didn't feel I could do my thoughts justice.

I am really getting worried about the future of Disney parks. I am not even against price increases necessarily, I am worried that the EXPERIENCES are disappearing. I 100% agree about the theater. I miss the variety of experiences like the Frozen show, etc. It's frankly stupid to me, things like shows and parking trams haven't come back but we can be packed in like sardines other places, Covid is being 100% abused as an excuse.

Often for me, reflecting on past trips, a show or parade has been the highlight of my trip. I get that F! or WOC are very technical, but I feel even just hiring a band to play live music in this theater could work for now. Even a very short 10 minute character program like Belle singing a medley would be welcomed.

@TsWade2 I relate to your concerns so much and am so glad you spoke up. I do not go to Disney to go to an amusement park, the shows are absolutely important to me.

Mixed thoughts… I love entertainment, and would argue that entertainment actually helps with wait times as people have to make more choices. However, DL is probably too crowded to ever return to the days of multiple parades and fireworks each day… they really do create bottlenecks on Main Street.

Consequently, I think it would be unfortunate to lose the theater… it holds a lot of people, it’s essentially outdoors… and can provide space for people to do something when they need a break from rides.

Having said that… I’m just thinking out loud here… could DL fit the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train in this space somehow?

Would such a move help them strategically prepare for the desperately needed Tomorrowland refurb?

Imagine this as a multi-year plan:
- demolish FL Theater
- build 7 Dwarfs Mine Train where FL theater was
- build *something* in the Carousel of Progress space
- revision Autopia with electric cars of the future

- And then, upon the launch of 7DMT, new Autopia, and whatever goes in COP, they cordon off TL from the Hub all the way to the Starcade, allowing them to demo most of Tomorrowland and replace it with new TL rides and experiences. At the same time, developing a show for the TL theater in preparation for a totally new TL.
I don't think they would. When they rethemed Snow White they did a video about how its supposed to tie in now with 7D in WDW. I think that's all the effort they plan to make in that regard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter