New ‘Magic Happens’ Parade to Premiere on Feb. 28, 2020 at Disneyland Park

dina444444

DIS Veteran
8305363F-63A0-487C-9AD6-6D112F519475.jpeg

Exciting news! The all-new “Magic Happens” parade will make its debut at Disneyland park, beginning Feb. 28, 2020.

As we previously shared on the Disney Parks Blog, “Magic Happens” celebrates awe-inspiring moments of magic that are at the heart of so many Disney stories. Mickey Mouse leads this new daytime spectacular down Main Street, U.S.A., revealing a parade of stunning floats, beautiful costumes and beloved Disney characters. “Magic Happens” will also feature an energetic musical score and a new song, co-composed by singer-songwriter Todrick Hall.

Here are some highlights of the new parade, including a few more sneak peeks:
From Walt Disney Animation Studios’ record-breaking hit “Frozen 2,” Anna and Elsa explore the mysteries of an enchanted forest protected by Nokk, the mystical water spirit, as their friends Kristoff, Sven and Olaf tag along.

DC289638-363F-4983-96A3-2BE51D254C4A.jpeg

On her voyager canoe, Moana journeys forth on the crest of a towering wave, inspired by beautiful koa wood carvings and inset with dazzling, animated glimpses into the magic the ocean holds.

7FCFC1B4-1BCD-461B-BE77-E479942842F8.jpeg

Joining Moana on her journey is legendary demigod, Maui, making his Disneyland Resort debut on his own magical island, along with Moana’s adorable pet pig, Pua.

B34DA2DD-DD75-4CAC-870F-D2D6E10C6965.jpeg

Miguel appears in person for the first time, celebrating the magic that happens when he strums the guitar of Ernesto de la Cruz in the Disney and Pixar film, “Coco.” This spectacular float bridges the Land of the Living and the Land of the Dead with vibrant marigolds, and fantastical alebrije spirit animals join the procession, along with Miguel’s dog Danté.

B6232E4E-2383-4757-90B4-E6F138D79D05.jpeg

The regal grand finale of “Magic Happens” celebrates magical moments from several classic Disney stories, including the happily-ever-after scene from “Sleeping Beauty” with a trio of fairies and Princess Aurora’s gown shimmering between hues of pink and blue.

“Magic Happens” will remind us we don’t need wings to fly, that shooting stars were made to wish upon, and that magic doesn’t stop at midnight. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more fun details about this extraordinary parade, as we get closer to opening day on February 28!

Source

I’m happy this is coming out as early as it is - a lot of rumors were suggesting March/April (which, I guess it’s basically March, but they get to say “February” and that sounds earlier).

I hope it has a lot of great performers and dancing in addition to the floats.

Oh no, we leave that morning! Any DLR regulars know if soft opens are a thing for parades in Anaheim? I know they are for my home park in Paris usually.

Oh no, we leave that morning! Any DLR regulars know if soft opens are a thing for parades in Anaheim? I know they are for my home park in Paris usually.
Yeah, there’s a good chance they’ll run it a day early, but I wouldn’t get your heart set on it. Still, I’d keep an eye out on the 27th...

Would you expect this parade still be running in October, or do they typically change over to some sort of Halloween-themed parade?

We leave on the 27th 😭 going to look into changing our hotel and flights. The Haunted mansion being closed is just killing us! And now missing this, and if Indy goes down too, and splash and grizzly rapids... thats just waaaaay too much. Already checked and our hotels available in April for the same good price and air fares are actually about $50 cheaper, would cancel out the change fee! I have some serious work to do tomorrow!

I know! I'm just crossing my fingers selfishly that Indy doesn't go down till after its anniversary in March now :( and with Grizzly closed I really hope that means Splash will stay up. We're tied to our dates now, flying in from the UK to Anaheim for 5 days before heading to Vegas on the 28th to see my brother who's British military based in Nevada.

I can't wait. I love a parade...already planned to be in the park on that day anyway, so this worked out great for me.

I know! I'm just crossing my fingers selfishly that Indy doesn't go down till after its anniversary in March now :( and with Grizzly closed I really hope that means Splash will stay up. We're tied to our dates now, flying in from the UK to Anaheim for 5 days before heading to Vegas on the 28th to see my brother who's British military based in Nevada.
After talking with family, even though it is possible, we are not changing our dates. I looked back at pictures of our 2 previous trips in February, and while there were things down, we still had an amzing time! The good thing is that we were able to pretty much walk on every ride! If there was a line, we just waited till later or the next day and eventually there was a time to just walk on! Cast members too, I guess because they are not so rushed seem extra friendly and helpful, taking time to chat. I think back to when we first started going to Disneyland, back in the 70’s!!! There was just that one small park, and through the decades it grew and grew, and our level of fun and happiness at being there is still the same as when it was 1/4 the size it is now! For us this trip, there is a whole new land! Star Wars land! Having been around to watch the first Star Wars movie when it came out in the 70’s, we can hardly believe we will get to go to this place! Just think, with so many less people we will probably get to ride the 2 new rides more than once! How cool is that!? So don’t let this discourage you, anticipating the trip is half the fun of the whole thing! Coming all the way from England, thats awesome! I live up in BC Canada, near Vancouver, our weather is a lot like yours, so thats another awesome thing, getting to feel the warmth of the sun at a gloomy time of year!

So I assume this parade will be running through the summer? I’m looking forward to seeing this new parade!!

After talking with family, even though it is possible, we are not changing our dates. I looked back at pictures of our 2 previous trips in February, and while there were things down, we still had an amzing time! The good thing is that we were able to pretty much walk on every ride! If there was a line, we just waited till later or the next day and eventually there was a time to just walk on! Cast members too, I guess because they are not so rushed seem extra friendly and helpful, taking time to chat. I think back to when we first started going to Disneyland, back in the 70’s!!! There was just that one small park, and through the decades it grew and grew, and our level of fun and happiness at being there is still the same as when it was 1/4 the size it is now! For us this trip, there is a whole new land! Star Wars land! Having been around to watch the first Star Wars movie when it came out in the 70’s, we can hardly believe we will get to go to this place! Just think, with so many less people we will probably get to ride the 2 new rides more than once! How cool is that!? So don’t let this discourage you, anticipating the trip is half the fun of the whole thing! Coming all the way from England, thats awesome! I live up in BC Canada, near Vancouver, our weather is a lot like yours, so thats another awesome thing, getting to feel the warmth of the sun at a gloomy time of year!

Definitely! I keep reminding myself that RotR will more than make up for any refurbs hopefully. Hope you have a great trip!

Whee! I'm so excited! I am so glad I've got to see Frozen 2 before I saw that float concept art. And I'm so glad we're getting our own Maui walkaround, even though it's unlikely that he'll meet and greet. I' disappointed they didn't show the concept art of Sword In the Stone. Oh well, at least February 28th is not far off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter