New “custom” Magic Bands - did you pay for them?

EastCoastCdn

Mouseketeer
I ordered custom Magic Bands but didn’t pay for them - didn’t see an option to pay. Now when I log in I see the original colours I selected next to our names and not the custom ones. When I select “edit” all I see is grey bands. Right now I’m not sure if the custom bands have been ordered. Anyone with any insight? Thanks.

If you didn't pay for them, then I don't think it went through. Now I think most if not all are sold out. I had a button to click to pay for them at the time I ordered them.

If you didn't pay for them, then I don't think it went through. Now I think most if not all are sold out. I had a button to click to pay for them at the time I ordered them.
Thanks for the info. Will keep my fingers crossed they’re restocked before my deadline.

We are doing a split stay, so I ordered 2 sets for each person. I was charged for all 8 bands, but in MDE, the first 4 are still the plain coloured bands. For the 2nd set, 3 are showing as the upgraded bands, and for the fourth person, there is no band at all showing.

Got this email today:

We are so excited for your upcoming visit to Walt Disney World® Resort! We hope you are enjoying the planning experience and looking forward to vacationing with us.
We are reaching out about the recent MagicBand order you made through My Disney Experience. Due to strong popularity, fulfillment of your order has been delayed. Thank you for your patience; we are working hard to fulfill your order as soon as possible.
Please accept our sincerest apologies and know that we want to make sure your vacation planning stays on track. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you real soon!

I wanted to but hesitated and missed out. Hopefully they'll bve available again before we go in Sept.

For custom bands for us Canadians, we still have to pick them up at the resort when we check in, right?

For custom bands for us Canadians, we still have to pick them up at the resort when we check in, right?
Yes that's right. I got a 'shipping' email that told me I could pick my bands up at the resort.

I ordered custom Magic Bands but didn’t pay for them - didn’t see an option to pay. Now when I log in I see the original colours I selected next to our names and not the custom ones. When I select “edit” all I see is grey bands. Right now I’m not sure if the custom bands have been ordered. Anyone with any insight? Thanks.

I ordered them the day they were released and have been charged for both bands. Did you get an email confirmation? There was definitely a payment step during the ordering process. If your MDE is showing coloured bands, I'm guessing the order didn't go through, especially since it still allows you to select 'edit'. My magic bands are showing as upgraded and I'm locked out of editing now.

I just got this message. I ordered one for each child - not sure if both are unavailable or just one of them. On MDE it just shows the Toy Story one for my daughter and a plain blue one instead of Darth Vader for my son....how am I going to explain that one! I have an email saying they were shipped to the hotel even though we don't arrive until July 21. The discount coupon doesn't help because they don't ship the magic bands internationally. I'm a little disappointed. I checked my credit card and there doesn't seem to be anything charged to it.

We are so excited for your upcoming visit to Walt Disney World® Resort! We hope you are enjoying the planning experience and looking forward to visiting us.
We are reaching out about the recent MagicBand order you made through My Disney Experience. Due to strong popularity, one or more of the upgraded MagicBands you ordered ran out of stock, and therefore, we are unable to complete your order. You will not be charged for the upgraded MagicBands that are not shipped to you and will receive a solid gray complimentary MagicBand instead.
We recognize the inconvenience of this situation. Therefore, for each upgraded MagicBand that we are unable to fulfill, we are providing you with a one-time use promotion code* for a credit of up to $15 toward the purchase of one (1) MagicBand ordered on shopDisney.com. This promotion code will also cover the standard shipping cost of your MagicBand order only.

I just got this message. I ordered one for each child - not sure if both are unavailable or just one of them. On MDE it just shows the Toy Story one for my daughter and a plain blue one instead of Darth Vader for my son....how am I going to explain that one! I have an email saying they were shipped to the hotel even though we don't arrive until July 21. The discount coupon doesn't help because they don't ship the magic bands internationally. I'm a little disappointed. I checked my credit card and there doesn't seem to be anything charged to it.

We are so excited for your upcoming visit to Walt Disney World® Resort! We hope you are enjoying the planning experience and looking forward to visiting us.
We are reaching out about the recent MagicBand order you made through My Disney Experience. Due to strong popularity, one or more of the upgraded MagicBands you ordered ran out of stock, and therefore, we are unable to complete your order. You will not be charged for the upgraded MagicBands that are not shipped to you and will receive a solid gray complimentary MagicBand instead.
We recognize the inconvenience of this situation. Therefore, for each upgraded MagicBand that we are unable to fulfill, we are providing you with a one-time use promotion code* for a credit of up to $15 toward the purchase of one (1) MagicBand ordered on shopDisney.com. This promotion code will also cover the standard shipping cost of your MagicBand order only.
There is a work-around that you could try to get the 2nd band - wait until about 2 weeks before your trip, order the band using the code they gave you and have it shipped to the resort! I was able to do that a few years ago with something we wanted to buy but it wasn't in stock in any of the stores ANYWHERE. A CM in one of the stores in Disney Springs helped me place the order and it arrived at the resort within a few days. You could then call the resort directly and give them a head's up. Just a thought

There is a work-around that you could try to get the 2nd band - wait until about 2 weeks before your trip, order the band using the code they gave you and have it shipped to the resort! I was able to do that a few years ago with something we wanted to buy but it wasn't in stock in any of the stores ANYWHERE. A CM in one of the stores in Disney Springs helped me place the order and it arrived at the resort within a few days. You could then call the resort directly and give them a head's up. Just a thought

I would be okay with that. Unfortunately, I don't know which one is out of stock or if it is both. I've emailed ShopDisney for some clarification. Ideally I would like to pick them out when we get there and be able to apply the coupon while on property. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I would be okay with that. Unfortunately, I don't know which one is out of stock or if it is both. I've emailed ShopDisney for some clarification. Ideally I would like to pick them out when we get there and be able to apply the coupon while on property. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
Eeek, that's frustrating, and a potential sibling war in the making! Hope you're able to get it sorted out

I ordered and paid. Neither are showing on MDE, just the option to edit my order. They are not under active bands. I received an email indicating that due to popularity there would be a delay.... Makes no sense since I have to pick up at resort. If we show up and they're not there, they can give us two bands of our choice in park/resort. This is a cluster and international guests shouldn't get the short end simply because our bands are not shipped. If they refund my CC I'll still get short-changed because of the exchange transaction. Yeah, not acceptable.

Eeek, that's frustrating, and a potential sibling war in the making! Hope you're able to get it sorted out

I think it's all sorted out. They instructed me to order the Magic Band through ShopDisney and have the Magic Band shipped to the resort. I am happy with that 😀. The odd thing is that I ordered the same Magic Band that they said was sold out...hopefully the ShopDisney website is accurate with regards to availability.

We ordered them on the first day they were released using the workaround using the US site to be able to pay for them. When we arrived, they didn't have them in the back but discovered that they went to another resort which was my own doing since I changed the resort a few days before we arrived. A CM drove over to the other resort, picked them up, and delivered them to our room. To our surprise, we received an e-gift card equal to the value of the upgrade charge in our email. CM's at WDW are awesome!!! BTW, the bands look great and it's nice having our names engraved on the inside as opposed to the ones we bought in the store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter