New Adventures with Princess Tiana Coming to DL and WDW

Well, if it's not called Splash Mountain anymore, can we please turn down the water level?! I wonder how this will effect critter country, will SM be considered part of New Orleans Square now?
Was wondering the EXACT same thing!

Well, if it's not called Splash Mountain anymore, can we please turn down the water level?! I wonder how this will effect critter country, will SM be considered part of New Orleans Square now?
If they keep most of the animals and takes place on the bayou, still seems like it can be part of critter country to me.😀
Turning down the water level would great though!

I will miss some of the wonderful music of Splash Mountain, ("How Do You Do" and "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah" are two tunes that just say DISNEYLAND to me) but I think this will probably be pretty awesome when it's done! The Princess and the Frog also has great music, and hopefully they can keep some of the animatronics for some of the scenes maybe? Just for nostalgia. :) I think it will obviously be much more relevant for guests, since a large portion of them will never see the original movie, and of course Disney doesn't want something in their parks that invokes any pain or frustration for people in the way that "Song of the South" does. I'm just sad that they ride will have to be closed for some time while they work on it!

LOL, agreed...fun ride but that gets you DRENCHED. still had fun on it last year w/friends who were willing to ride it.

I’m personally really excited about this. We love Princess and the Frog and I’m glad Splash is going to be themed to a movie my son has actually seen. Most kids now have never even heard of “Song of the South”. I also hope they find a way of incorporating some of the original animatronics into the bayou scenes. I love some of the Splash music, but PatF has some really awesome songs too!

I love Splash Mountain, but the animatronics are old and so many people have no clue about the storyline. It's time for an upgrade to a theme my children can recognize and appreciate beyond me just explaining an old movie and old stories to them. I am really, really excited for this change!

LOL, agreed...fun ride but that gets you DRENCHED.
Wasn’t it redesigned a few years ago to purposely drench riders? I’ve only done it twice in my life. Both times were before the changes and I never got especially wet. Not high on my list to ride now :-).

Wonder if they’ll still call it Splash Mountain since that name is iconic and not specifically related to the current theme or Song of the South. Like Soarin’ has different subtitles for different versions.

The new theme is a great idea and will work wonderfully as a transition between NOS and Critter Country. Feels like they are going to put maximum effort into this so I’m excited to see what this looks like when it’s done.

Wasn’t it redesigned a few years ago to purposely drench riders? I’ve only done it twice in my life. Both times were before the changes and I never got especially wet. Not high on my list to ride now :-).
really?! huh, that explains it i guess. i was just glad i got front seat last time & really kept my feet at the very front inside of the ride (no wet feet but my body was soaked)
it's not high on my ride list as well & I think i've only been on it 2-3x in my times at DL.

I'm sure that the updated ride will look and sound amazing. I also get why they are doing it with all that is going on in the world. But is there a more iconic song in a Disney park than "zip-a-dee-do-da"? I don't know about you guys but I'm very sad that I'll never be able to hear that again
I'm sure it will end up in the loop of park music in that area. :)

:sad:
oh, no...
I love the splash mountain medley... (Actually one of my favorite Disney songs... And I listend to it all day long in preparation for my last trip to DL last winter) and I love the animatronics and scenery... it became my favorite attraction last year actually... ( I am so glad I rode it on my last trip during the rainy weather...)

But I knew the days were counted... it was just a question of when they would reimagine it.
I hope they can find a way to keep some of the critters. I mean the land is called critter country after all so I think it would be nice to still have them one way or the other...

I‘ll expose myself as someone who has never watched the princes and the frog. (Gotta do that Right away with Disney+ though) So I have no idea if I like that as a theme for splash mountain... I already have a hard time to imagine a classic German Brother Grimm fairytale in New Orleans...:rotfl:I guess that’s one of the reasons why I still haven’t watched it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter