New Adventures with Princess Tiana Coming to DL and WDW

I'd be okay with that. If that indeed does happen then I'm very excited for what Splash Mountain will become. I love Princess and the Frog.
It could also end up parade music in the future or in fireworks shows, Fantasmic updates. And I can also imagine that it might end up (as a reworked version) in the loop of Main Street USA. I think this song with the right arrangement would fit in perfectly with the other songs.
It's very interesting that many people who do object against the change have an issue with the music disappearing. The music seems more popular than the ride itself :)

Oh well. I'm not a fan of this, but I'm sure Disney will do a good job with the update. Gonna miss zip a dee doo dah. Hopefully they find a way to keep brer rabbit, brer bear and a lot of the other animatronics.

I am soooo excited for this!
I recently watched The Princess and the Frog at the request of my teenager daughter who loves it. The music and production design are so fantastic. I enjoyed (I have to admit more that I expected to) the film so much.
Go Imagineers go!

Woohoo! DH is from New Orleans! We LOVE The Princess and the Frog! Maybe they'll expand the cajun menus and do more on Mardi Gras! laissez les bon temps rouler, y'all!

I can't even tell you how angry this news makes me. I'm just sick. My favorite ride BY FAR. I buy the picture frames and get the pics of me and the family loving this ride. Shoot, I'm looking at my avatar and there it is. I just hate this. Sure P&tF is fun movie. But don't take out a beloved attraction to make a new ride out of it.

The greatest ride scene at any Disney Park is the giant splashdown followed by the final Zip-a Dee Lady singing scene, ... no doubt replaced by a scene full of voodoo and great family friendly depictions of "friends on the other side" dragging someone to the underworld.

Hey Disney: Zip-a-dee-DON'T

And so it begins... people are selling the Ziploc bags from the ride on eBay for $40 bucks. And all of ShopDisney's Splash stuff is sold out and the stuffed animals and pop figures are now one eBay for $200 and up... geeeez people! I was like 'maybe I'll just go on there and buy the bear'- my son almost bought it on our last trip and regretted not getting it. Well, nope! People are lame.

I can't even tell you how angry this news makes me. I'm just sick. My favorite ride BY FAR. I buy the picture frames and get the pics of me and the family loving this ride. Shoot, I'm looking at my avatar and there it is. I just hate this. Sure P&tF is fun movie. But don't take out a beloved attraction to make a new ride out of it.

The greatest ride scene at any Disney Park is the giant splashdown followed by the final Zip-a Dee Lady singing scene, ... no doubt replaced by a scene full of voodoo and great family friendly depictions of "friends on the other side" dragging someone to the underworld.

Hey Disney: Zip-a-dee-DON'T
A lot of people I know won't allow their kids to watch Princess and the Frog for this reason. Not sure how this will be a more politically correct alternative for the ride but there we have it.
Many Disney movies reference the underworld- off the top of my head we have Hades in Hercules, Chernabog (based on the God of Night in Slavic mythology) in Fantasia and Fantasmic, as well as the ending of Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride where we end up in hell at the end of the ride. At the end of the day, I’m glad the Disney is choosing to re-theme the ride to a movie that isn’t racially insensitive or offensive.

Last edited:
I wasn't happy when I read about the possibility of this a week or two ago. Oh well, it is what it is. Princess and the Frog will be a cute theme. I just hope somehow the zip a dee Doo dah song can still be on it. I LOVE that song.

I am so excited for this update! Splash Mountain is my favorite ride but I am all for Princess and the Frog theming. My 7 year old was only concerned about them getting rid of the drop, once I told her it would be staying she was all for the change. Hopefully they release dates soon of when this will take place.

Actually, what they should do at DLR is remake critter country into a full on Bayou. Lean all the way in; Country Bear becomes Tiana's Palace, etc.

This is honestly the only thing that makes sense. I have long been for an expansion of NOS, but I wanted an underpass across the tracks with the land expansion taking up the space where the westsider is now. If they are retheming Splash to PATF, they need to just ditch Critter Country all together and do exactly what you described. Maybe they could turn Pooh into a Brer inferior dark ride for some Zip-a-dee-doo-dah.

I'll really miss SM, it's one of my fav rides. But I do understand why Disney is choosing to do this and I think they'll do a good job. The bayous are lush and gorgeous and if the Imagineers are given free rein we'll be in for some fantastic and magical bayou scenes!!!

I'm bummed that my fav PatF character (Ray) won't be in the ride, but then again Ray was a pretty stereotypical version of a Cajun himself.

I hope they get the theming right, not just on the ride but around "Critter Country" too. (Disney, got Tony Baxter back!!!!!). Yes, there are black bears in LA, but, there are a lot more gators. Will Hungry Bear be turned into Tiana's restaurant, left alone, or will it be turned into something with Hungry Louis (fried alligator and frog legs are very good). Hmmm, they could add Mama Odie shop or stand too. Disney, please use every inch of space in Critter Country (isn't there parts of Country Bear Jamboree still sitting there, plus the long queue to get on Pooh's ride)?. I hope they will add a character meal featuring Tiana and her friends (princesses) perhaps at Cafe Orleans?

Honestly, this is kind of sad. What other things in the park "need" to change because people are supposedly offended? It was a fun, cute ride for people of all ages. It's unfortunate that Disney caves to the loudest voices.

The thing, Disney is a corporation & they’ll do whatever they feel best protects their brand. This isn’t the first time they’ve done this (Pirates- The auctioning of women & the pirates chasing women in the village). I think their words were “outdated depictions”...

Im sure if there were a more economical way to alter this (ala pirates in changing a few scenes) they would...but honestly speaking, Song of the South has been a touchy subject for them for decades. When Disney+ was launched, they had to address it then & they constantly downplay it.

From a business standpoint, I‘m sure they’d love to get rid of any references to the film....even at the expense of any sort of backlash.

For a large percentage of guests though, as long as the ride system stays the same...they’ll be happy. Similar to ToT being revamped to GotG Mission Breakout. Still draws huge lines. Splash Mountain, in any variation, still will as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter