New annual pass activation?

magicwdw

Dis Veteran
We just bought new Pixie dust annual passes. I was able to make 3 park reservations with no problems. I was told I can just show up with my active magic band I have been using for park trips and go through turnstile and that activates annual pass. No need to go to guest relations. Does that sound right? Thanks

No that does not sound right. At least in the past with previous passes, we've needed to activate it at guest relations first.

Not correct. You have to activate it first at guest relations.

With the pixie dust pass being strictly a FL resident pass, you'll have to prove residency at that time.

Agree that doesn't sound right. I would check in with guest relations just to be sure. I wouldn't rely on that information and risk it at the turnstile..

Thanks. I'll definitely go to guest relations before entering park on first day of reservations. It says Florida Resident under Membership & Passes after clicking on My Profile on the app. It also has my annual passes and reservations. It says my Florida resident status has been added based on my address. Still going to guest relations and not taking any chances.

As an out of state AP, I know that I have to go to Guest Services or ticket window to activate my AP.
In the past, Florida residents have been able to activate their AP differently. Not sure if that still applies with the new passes.
You could call guest services ahead of time to ask/email or stop at guest services on your way in.

I'm wondering if this has been tested? This time, I bought a Pixie AP for my January trip, and I verified online. Should I be able to just activate by going through the turnstiles, or do I need to stop at GR? I will bring my ID and phone bill, just in case, but stopping at GR sometimes takes a LONG time.

If you are a Florida resident, I believe this is correct. If you are not, you need to go to guest services to activate. We did this at the IG guest services and it took about 5 minutes for both of us.

Did you verify your Florida ID at the time of purchase? It’s a fairly newish option and if you did, then yes you can go straight to the entrance.
I had my Fl Residency verification with them. I had been a pass holder since 1995. I used that option to cancel my pass due to Covid19 for several months. When Disney announced they were allowing those guests to get their pass back, I got mine back. When I went to use it, I was told at the turnstile in EPCOT, that I needed to activate at the GR window. When I went to that line, there were others in the same boat I was in. When I got to the window, they had all my information in their system, they just verified by looking at me and my DL????
So yes, go to the window first to be on the safe side

I had my Fl Residency verification with them. I had been a pass holder since 1995. I used that option to cancel my pass due to Covid19 for several months. When Disney announced they were allowing those guests to get their pass back, I got mine back. When I went to use it, I was told at the turnstile in EPCOT, that I needed to activate at the GR window. When I went to that line, there were others in the same boat I was in. When I got to the window, they had all my information in their system, they just verified by looking at me and my DL????
So yes, go to the window first to be on the safe side

I did just verify online about three weeks ago when I bought the pass. I am not going to activate it until January I think, so I'd better plan a stop at GR first!

Just activated our Pixie Dust passes. Ordered in November and cards came in the mail 2 weeks later with a letter verifying they needed to be activated at GR. Proof of residency was required.
We activated today at Disney Springs. Cast member then issued us the new annual pass cards. Very easy process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter