• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Appliances Coming to DVC Units?

aoconnor

WDW Nut
Per the article below, Whirpool has been named the "official kitchen and laundry appliance of Walt Disney World" (Ugh, they are getting desperate with these. First the "official snack cheese" of WDW now this)

"Disney announced today that Whirlpool products would have a new added presence in larger accommodating Disney Vacation Club resorts. The new innovative appliances will include refrigerators, dishwashers, ovens, cooktops, microwave ovens, clothing washers, and clothing dryers.

These appliances are currently set to be put in one bedroom or larger accommodations at DVC properties"

I wonder if they'll be added to all resorts or only new ones and upcoming refurbs? AKV for one could use some new appliances :)

https://wdwnt.com/2018/11/whirlpool-named-as-the-official-appliance-of-disney-parks/

Last edited:
I would doubt they will just replace the existing units, but would expect these on the next major refurb cycle or as a replacement for a failed appliance.

Sounds pretty good. I'm a Whirlpool fan, although I've heard some iffy reviews in the last couple years. I agree with the idea of them not replacing everything now-that idea seems kind of costly.

If Whirlpool wants to donate new appliances to all the DVC resorts, hooray -- I definitely don't want to pay for new appliances if the existing ones are working fine! But I agree that they'll probably just use Whirlpool for replacements as renovations or failures occur.

Whirlpool is actually numerous different brands including Whirlpool, Maytag, Kitchen-Aid, Amana, Jenn-Aire, and numerous others, so it it unclear which particular brands will end up in DVC. Not likely to see changes in existing resorts except at refurb time, but most likely Whirlpool brands will be in any new resort that opens. Since the announcement also mentions that Whirlpool will be doing certain things at the parks such as Epcot, this is obviously a deal that includes Disney and not just DVC, and thus may also apply to the hotel rooms, but other than DVC, there really are not many rooms that have any kitchens or laundry facilities.

Last edited:

Per the article below, Whirpool has been named the "official kitchen and laundry appliance of Walt Disney World" (Ugh, they are getting desperate with these. First the "official snack cheese" of WDW now this)

"Disney announced today that Whirlpool products would have a new added presence in larger accommodating Disney Vacation Club resorts. The new innovative appliances will include refrigerators, dishwashers, ovens, cooktops, microwave ovens, clothing washers, and clothing dryers.

These appliances are currently set to be put in one bedroom or larger accommodations at DVC properties"

I wonder if they'll be added to all resorts or only new ones and upcoming refurbs? AKV for one could use some new appliances :)

https://wdwnt.com/2018/11/whirlpool-named-as-the-official-appliance-of-disney-parks/

Dang. I thought Disney had had a very longtime affiliation with GE...... :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter