• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Back Entrance to DCA?

Slightly unrelated, but does anyone know what is going on with new DVC work in the Grizzly Peak Recreation Area? My husband was in DCA today and he took a picture of a sign that said "Pardon our pixie dust, we have Disney Vacation Club magic coming soon". However, this was INSIDE the park nearby Grizzly River Run. Is anyone familiar with this work? Maybe it's related to the Grand California DVC villas which are nearby?
Last I heard it supposed to be an “open standing area for DVC members.”

Slightly unrelated, but does anyone know what is going on with new DVC work in the Grizzly Peak Recreation Area? My husband was in DCA today and he took a picture of a sign that said "Pardon our pixie dust, we have Disney Vacation Club magic coming soon". However, this was INSIDE the park nearby Grizzly River Run. Is anyone familiar with this work? Maybe it's related to the Grand California DVC villas which are nearby?
They're turning the Blue Sky Cellar into a DVC Welcome Home Center. I imagine it'll be a little fancier version of the various DVC kiosks that we already have around the resort.

They're turning the Blue Sky Cellar into a DVC Welcome Home Center. I imagine it'll be a little fancier version of the various DVC kiosks that we already have around the resort.
Oh, right! I actually heard about that somewhere awhile ago- maybe on MiceChat? I used to like looking at Blue Sky Cellar with my dad circa 2010 or so. Oh well. :(

Thank you for your response!

Had to add how amazing this entrance is! We were at DLH in Frontier tower and it was SO easy to get in and out of the parks, including for early entry! The entrance is located to the right of the entrance for the Grand Cali where it says “for paradise pier hotel guests”

Had to add how amazing this entrance is! We were at DLH in Frontier tower and it was SO easy to get in and out of the parks, including for early entry! The entrance is located to the right of the entrance for the Grand Cali where it says “for paradise pier hotel guests”
How long were the lines for you at early entry?

(Once the new early entry schedule is in effect I would think they will get longer, for both parks, since there won't be another option for hotel guests. So everyone wanting to do early entry will be at that particular park.)

How long were the lines for you at early entry?

(Once the new early entry schedule is in effect I would think they will get longer, for both parks, since there won't be another option for hotel guests. So everyone wanting to do early entry will be at that particular park.)

We got there at 8.15 and there were probably only 10-15 people ahead of us.

At 8.30am we walked straight through security and then the ticket area

This was on Sunday of MLK/race weekend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter