New Balance runDisney

clemsondisneygirl

Mouseketeer
Hey! Can anyone tell me which NB shoes have been available at this years expos? I know the dumbo and the Ariel but curious if past years are also there? ive been wanting some for a few years now and SWDS will be my first opportunity so I want to be prepared! Thanks!

Hey! Can anyone tell me which NB shoes have been available at this years expos? I know the dumbo and the Ariel but curious if past years are also there? ive been wanting some for a few years now and SWDS will be my first opportunity so I want to be prepared! Thanks!

Only: Dumbo, Ariel, Mickey, & Minnie this year.

The New Balance expo never has Run Disney sneakers from years past. Only the current ones that have been released for the year.

I wish!

I bought Dumbo this year my mom and sister got Ariel. Last year I bought goofy.

I bought the 2015 Tinkerbell shoes :tinker: at the Marathon Weekend Expo in January. You don't need to be a part of the virtual queue to purchase the older models. I guess it just depends on the inventory they still have? And the price is the same, no discount lol. :laughing:

Ok so guaranteed dumbo, Ariel, Mickey and Minnie, plus possibly others based on inventory! Although I bet by this point in the year there won't be much in the leftover category. Thanks for everyone's responses though! I will probably go with Ariel but Minnie is always a good choice too!

Another question since we are on this topic...have any females bought the men's shoe? If so is it still comfortable?

Does anyone have experience with the virtual queue recently? I registered for a time in Feb this year, but I had to leave the expo before my time was called. I asked if I could be let in early since I only wanted one pair and I didn't need to try them on, but it was busy and they wouldn't let me.

So this time I am going to be at the expo later in the day on Thursday. I figure I will try again for a spot. I'm wondering if there is any leeway on the other end. If I arrive later than my queue return time do you think they will let me in?

I would love to hear others experiences with virtual queue as well...I will be trying on Thursday night to get a time for Friday morning. You can only do it one day in advance correct? Even though I'm a runner, I can't log in Wednesday for a Friday morning time, at least that was my understanding. Also, can someone else go in my place? My parents are arriving on Wednesday so could I try to get a spot for Thursday and they could go get shoes for me?

I would love to hear others experiences with virtual queue as well...I will be trying on Thursday night to get a time for Friday morning. You can only do it one day in advance correct? Even though I'm a runner, I can't log in Wednesday for a Friday morning time, at least that was my understanding. Also, can someone else go in my place? My parents are arriving on Wednesday so could I try to get a spot for Thursday and they could go get shoes for me?

You log in online here http://www.nbvirtualqueue.com so no need to be there in person. Log in on 7pm Wednesday and grab a spot for you on Thursday using your bib number.

You log in online here http://www.nbvirtualqueue.com so no need to be there in person. Log in on 7pm Wednesday and grab a spot for you on Thursday using your bib number.

Yeah I just wasn't sure if the person who signs up has to be the person who shows up to buy the shoes. If I log in Wednesday evening for a Thursday time, could one of my parents actually be the ones to get in line and by shoes for me since I wont be flying in until Thursday evening?

Yeah I just wasn't sure if the person who signs up has to be the person who shows up to buy the shoes. If I log in Wednesday evening for a Thursday time, could one of my parents actually be the ones to get in line and by shoes for me since I wont be flying in until Thursday evening?

I am not sure if they check or not. They may not let them because you have to be a runner to go on Thursday.

Here is my experience from Feb. I logged in on Wednesday night right at 7pm to get a spot in the queue. I was at the SW dessert party at DHS at the time with my laptop. (haha). The log in page froze for me the first time, so I had to reboot it and start over. By the time I got finished I got an estimated return time of 1:30 on Thursday which was group 8. This was a problem for me because I had planned to be at the expo at opening and then we had ADR and FP+ reservations for mid day.

I got in the NB line at the expo anyway, just to try my luck, but no dice for me.

Also, it is just an estimated time. When it is time for your group to be up they send another text. My estimated time was 1:30, but I didn't get the message that it was my group time until 2:45. By that time I was long gone.

I believe that you have to show the text, or possibly printed email confirmation, to prove your place in line. I didn't really get to that point though, so I don't know if they have a list of bib numbers that they can check.

This years marathon expo had all the new ones, Donald and Tink from 2015 (might have had others but didn't ask), and a few from 2014.

I saw a post somewhere that seemed to indicate that Fit2Run at Disney Springs had some of the models - anyone know if this was a one off or a regular thing now?

I wish they would bring back some of the previous year models. The pink Minnie shoes from 2014 are my absolute favorites they've ever made, and I would love the chance to purchase them! But for the current shoes, I'm definitely planning on buying the Ariel ones at Wine and Dine this year. I wanted to get the Tink ones last year but was at the expo too early for my queue time and chose not to wait for it to come. I have since regretted it, so I don't want to do that again this year!

I saw a post somewhere that seemed to indicate that Fit2Run at Disney Springs had some of the models - anyone know if this was a one off or a regular thing now?
I heard that too. If it's true and not just a one time thing, it's a great idea if you ask me. I can't believe that as of now, RunDisney/New Balance have not made these shoes available to the general public - they'd make a fortune if they did! I think it would be cool if they had general models available at that store year-round, and then maybe race exclusive models at only the expos.

Does anyone know of a good size conversion chart comparing the measurements for New Balance kids/adult sizes? I heard on a podcast the other day (the Marathon Show) that the largest NB runDisney kids' sizes can actually fit a woman who wears up to a size 9, but haven't found an exact size conversion chart. I wear a size 9 women, which I know translates to a size 7.5 in ones NB. I'm guessing that I'd have to get the largest kids size to get the kid's shoe? I'm also guessing since I'm at the top end of this spectrum I'd be limited to the boys shoes, so the kids' Ariel shoes are probably a no go...

This tip was basically for cost savings; I've heard the quality of the kids shoes aren't quite as good, but I'm mostly looking to get a pair of the kids Dumbo shoes to wear around the parks, not for running. I can't really justify spending $125+ on shoes I'll just be wearing around the parks, but I could handle paying $79 for the kids sizes.

Also, does anyone know the size ranges on the NB runDisney kids shoes?

Wha??? Hmmm. I WISH this was true. I've been to this store loads of times and have never seen the Disney NB models. They did not have them after the Princess Half. I'll have to ask my friend to scope it out next time he goes to Disney Springs as I won't be back in Florida until June!

An acquaintance of mine is a NB manager at our local outlet and she said Disney/NB has some pretty strict rules with these models. Even they (NB managers) have to be working at a RunDisney event to buy them. Disney must prefer to have the control over when/where they can be purchased, which seems to be the case.

I'm tempted to call & ask the manager at Fit2Run as she would surely know I hope.

I am happy to learn you have a prayer of a chance to get previous years' models at the January WDW Marathon, I know Princess Half did not have any previous years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter