New Balance runDisney

:confused3
Wha??? Hmmm. I WISH this was true. I've been to this store loads of times and have never seen the Disney NB models. They did not have them after the Princess Half. I'll have to ask my friend to scope it out next time he goes to Disney Springs as I won't be back in Florida until June!

An acquaintance of mine is a NB manager at our local outlet and she said Disney/NB has some pretty strict rules with these models. Even they (NB managers) have to be working at a RunDisney event to buy them. Disney must prefer to have the control over when/where they can be purchased, which seems to be the case.

I'm tempted to call & ask the manager at Fit2Run as she would surely know I hope.

I am happy to learn you have a prayer of a chance to get previous years' models at the January WDW Marathon, I know Princess Half did not have any previous years.

There was actually a photo of them at the front of the store, and it was around Princess (well at least that is when it was posted on one of the runDisney facebook groups - can't vouch for when it was taken). It was not all the designs, just the mickey, minnie and goofy from memory- I know that Dumbo and Ariel were definitely not there. It may have just been a one off :confused3

Does anyone know of a good size conversion chart comparing the measurements for New Balance kids/adult sizes? I heard on a podcast the other day (the Marathon Show) that the largest NB runDisney kids' sizes can actually fit a woman who wears up to a size 9, but haven't found an exact size conversion chart. I wear a size 9 women, which I know translates to a size 7.5 in ones NB. I'm guessing that I'd have to get the largest kids size to get the kid's shoe? I'm also guessing since I'm at the top end of this spectrum I'd be limited to the boys shoes, so the kids' Ariel shoes are probably a no go...

This tip was basically for cost savings; I've heard the quality of the kids shoes aren't quite as good, but I'm mostly looking to get a pair of the kids Dumbo shoes to wear around the parks, not for running. I can't really justify spending $125+ on shoes I'll just be wearing around the parks, but I could handle paying $79 for the kids sizes.

Also, does anyone know the size ranges on the NB runDisney kids shoes?

I was recently at Marathon Weekend and got a boys pair of the Dumbo sneakers. I wear a Women's 7-7.5 usually and the size I have in boys is a 5. Additionally, the style sneakers are different if we're talking kids vs adult Dumbo/Ariel. The adult ones are the Vazee Pace while the kids shoes are the a stability model (something on the lines of an 860- more similar to the style of the adult minnie's and mickey's). Just something to keep in mind (didn't know if you knew this or not). I would figure out the exact shoe it is and then go to a store and find one to try in the same style (just with a different design obviously). They should fit the same.

I purchased a pair of the boys Dumbo and the women's Ariel and actually find that the boys fit is a bit comfier for me (not to say that they aren't both comfy).

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter