new balance shoes!

darienne8187

Mouseketeer
how do you get a chance to buy the new balance disney shoes?? I wanted to last year but it was my very first year and I had no clue what I was doing! I need a pair this year so bad! PLEASE HELP!

You just go to the New Balance booth at the expo and get a pair. They also sell select styles at New Balance outlets around the country.

Do you know the timing for when the virtual queue info gets updated? The one you linked is for SWLS. Any idea when the site will go live for Tink?
It the same site for all races, it just hasn't been updated yet. I believe they put up the queue for the next day's expo at 7pm the night before. For Tink that would be May 10, 2017 at 7pm for May 11th. Perhaps someone who has bought New Balances at the Expo can confirm.

They were not using that queue for this year's Star Wars Light Side. I went by the booth and they had openings. The Space Mountain pair intrigued me, but since they didn't fit, it wasn't an issue.

However, I give major props to the New Balance rep for being honest with me. Instead of telling me that the very tight fit was nothing to worry about, she told me that the fit probably wasn't right for me and could lead to major problems down the road. She was more concerned that I have shoes that work right for me than getting a sale.

They were not using that queue for this year's Star Wars Light Side. I went by the booth and they had openings. The Space Mountain pair intrigued me, but since they didn't fit, it wasn't an issue.

However, I give major props to the New Balance rep for being honest with me. Instead of telling me that the very tight fit was nothing to worry about, she told me that the fit probably wasn't right for me and could lead to major problems down the road. She was more concerned that I have shoes that work right for me than getting a sale.

What day did you go by the booth? Trying to gauge how long the shoes last.

What day did you go by the booth? Trying to gauge how long the shoes last.
I bought a pair of the Space Mountain shoes in the afternoon of the last day of the expo at SWLS so it seemed like they had plenty of stock until the end. It looked like people were still trying on and buying the other styles too. Of course there is no guarantee and the safest plan is always to get there as early as possible to avoid having your size sold out ... but at least there is some hope for last day shoppers :)

I believe the queue opens the day before expo starts. I actually signed up for SWLS but didn't realize it was the wrong day. I went to the expo on Friday for bib pick up and just dropped by the NB booth and easily picked up a pair of Space Mountain - loads of pairs left. They were a tad too big since they were mens sizes (even the salesperson said they were half an inch too big), but wasn't planning on running in them anyways.

I bought a pair of the Space Mountain shoes in the afternoon of the last day of the expo at SWLS so it seemed like they had plenty of stock until the end. It looked like people were still trying on and buying the other styles too. Of course there is no guarantee and the safest plan is always to get there as early as possible to avoid having your size sold out ... but at least there is some hope for last day shoppers :)

I believe the queue opens the day before expo starts. I actually signed up for SWLS but didn't realize it was the wrong day. I went to the expo on Friday for bib pick up and just dropped by the NB booth and easily picked up a pair of Space Mountain - loads of pairs left. They were a tad too big since they were mens sizes (even the salesperson said they were half an inch too big), but wasn't planning on running in them anyways.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the info. I should be getting to the Tink expo on Thurs. late afternoon/early evening, so I'm hopeful about my chances to score some NB shoes!

Is there anyplace where you can buy past years shoes?

Fit2Run in Disney Springs has had the Disney New Balance shoes as well. In January, they had the Ariels and some of the others. They did not have this year's current/new ones, at least when I was there (a few days before Marathon Weekend).

We have a NBC outlet here in Asheville, NC., and I was just there yesterday. They had 2016 men's Dumbos in sizes 9-14, and one tiny pair of ladies Ariels. The sales guy said they don't really get notice if/when the RD shoes are coming, they just arrive.

And fun fact – when they had the first RD shipment, the manager working there had just gotten back from working the Disneyland half. Working the run Disney expos are a huge incentive/privilege for store managers.

Is there anyplace where you can buy past years shoes?
The New Balance outlets have had them on a regular basis lately. They go quick though. I would call the store first to see if they have any or when their next shipment is.

I read somewhere on here that if you miss your queue time you can visit any time later that day. Anyone know if that's true? I got a time of 11:30 tomorrow but won't be at the expo until after 4. Don't think I can cancel or change that, but wonder if it's worth stopping at the booth when I do get there.

I read somewhere on here that if you miss your queue time you can visit any time later that day. Anyone know if that's true? I got a time of 11:30 tomorrow but won't be at the expo until after 4. Don't think I can cancel or change that, but wonder if it's worth stopping at the booth when I do get there.
I have never had a problem going at another time. I always get a time but I don't think I have ever used the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter