new blog by Bob Gurr about Podcast Cruise 2.0!

Gosh ... he's my hero for sitting through two Palo dinners lasting six hours - one after the other!!!

Gosh ... he's my hero for sitting through two Palo dinners lasting six hours - one after the other!!!

Yeah, but the first dinner was with Jaime, Todd, and the rest of the entourage. Suppose that was a WHOLE different experience. I'm sure with the giraffes and hyenas, it was like dining in the jungle. :)

Palodinner.jpg

Dining with Bob in Palo was the ultimate Dine with an Imagineer experience. It was the highlight of the cruise for me and for all the members of the Entourage. (Thank you Robin for inviting Bob to join us for our Palo dinner).
We laughed, cried and were so quiet that you could hear a pin drop (yes, I know that is hard to believe) while Bob was sharing with us his stories of working with Walt and designing many of the ride vehicles at Disneyland. Bob asked each of us to share why Disney means so much to us and we each got to share how the legacy that Walt built with a Mouse touched each of our lives.
It was a great experience and I am glad Bob accepted the invitation to join us for dinner.

What a keepsake, Tracey!! It's wonderful that you all had that personal experience with him. I think he is such a wonderful representation of a real Disney Legend - a person who appreciates his career, the company he's worked for, and happy to share his experiences with people who care.

I saw him throughout the cruise, like many of us did, and got such a kick of his enjoyment and enthusiasm.

... and when I think about encounters with Bob, stories by Charlie (& Lee), and the amazing concert by Jodi -- we wouldn't have had any of this without the DIS and the DIS Unplugged... What an awesome opportunity for many of us.

Thanks again, Dreams. :)

Sometimes it's just about being seated at the right table at the right time -

63438_1486635125840_1232784488_31057739_6244736_n.jpg

And sometimes it's about yelling, "Dibs!" before any of your friends do!

166211_1486623165541_1232784488_31057668_1366153_n.jpg

What a keepsake, Tracey!! It's wonderful that you all had that personal experience with him. I think he is such a wonderful representation of a real Disney Legend - a person who appreciates his career, the company he's worked for, and happy to share his experiences with people who care.

I saw him throughout the cruise, like many of us did, and got such a kick of his enjoyment and enthusiasm.

... and when I think about encounters with Bob, stories by Charlie (& Lee), and the amazing concert by Jodi -- we wouldn't have had any of this without the DIS and the DIS Unplugged... What an awesome opportunity for many of us.

Thanks again, Dreams. :)

What I truly enjoyed about Bob is that many of us held him in such high esteem and everyone thought it was really neat to meet and talk to him, and he did not put himself in a higher category. He was just like everyone else. I think that that truly shows something of his character that he can be in a position he is and still know that he is just one of us.

What I truly enjoyed about Bob is that many of us held him in such high esteem and everyone thought it was really neat to meet and talk to him, and he did not put himself in a higher category. He was just like everyone else. I think that that truly shows something of his character that he can be in a position he is and still know that he is just one of us.

Yes, Nicole, Bob proved he was no different than any one of us, as he interacted with us and every one throughout the cruise regardless of who we were. He was just Bob, who happened to be a Disney Legend that worked next to Walt.
It was great that he joined us post - cruise for DATW giving even more people a chance to meet and interact with him. Here are some of my pictures from DATW.
IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1921.jpg

How funny that he is wearing his "Don't Judge Me By Tonight Pin" Or was that new at Drink Around the World?

I enjoyed my time with Bob and Fred. What fantastic gentlemen!! They both had great stories about amazing experiences, and those were not even the Disney experiences. We talked for several hours about video, camera equipment, and his overall outlook on life. He is an amazing man.

156353_1503514703961_1117025522_31121796_5467471_n.jpg

Great blog!! I enjoyed meeting Bob!! He was a "regular" guy and talked with everyone. My DD got to DATW early and there was Bob :thumbsup2 She got to chat it up one on one with him and walked around a bit with him. Lucky 17 yr old!! I got pics too, just need to start up the new laptop and post em.

oh lord, I look horrible in the 2nd and 3rd pic talking to him LOL. Wanna guess what's in the castaway club bottle? :lmao::lmao:

Bob truly is great, no one disliked him at all, everybody loved him, and he truly enjoyed answering questions and having discussions. I can't even put into words the impact he has had on me as a CM.

I remember seeing you sitting right outside the private room - was that brunch or dinner?

We sat outside the room for their brunch group, and they did get loud. If I had not known them, I would have been really irritated. The only thing I felt badly about is that our server felt horrible and kept offering us free drinks. But, I do know them. I know that they are 15 people who love and care for each other and don't get to see each other in person very often. So, I tried to look at it as a good thing. I have a respect for the friendships that that group has. And next time I plan to dine around them, I might just bring earplugs :)

And I was sitting at the table next to Nicole's table, and I had a "front row seat" to the brunch antics. Since I've already been in a large group dining thing with them before, I didn't blink an eyelash. I was actually finding the group amusing and went in to tell them so. :laughing:

It's a bummer that the large group impacted Skip's dinner, but I agree it's kinda hard to keep a larger group quiet.

I'm sorry to hear this, Skip. A friend of mine had a similar experience. :confused3

That one I don't apologize for! :laughing:

I can understand that. I'm surprised DCL didn't make accommodations so that all dining guests had their needs met - a large group getting together and small groups of guests who don't want to be disturbed during dinner.

They're the ones who built the door out of glass with gaps all over it... :rolleyes1

I can understand that. I'm surprised DCL didn't make accommodations so that all dining guests had their needs met - a large group getting together and small groups of guests who don't want to be disturbed during dinner.

They're the ones who built the door out of glass with gaps all over it... :rolleyes1

We were in the private dining room, but like Jamie pointed out the door was just glass and was not made to block out sound as there was no seal around the door.

Haven't you ever been to Palo and seen the private room? While it is private, the word private, that word is laughable. The door is glass and hardly sound proof. I would say the door did little to block out any sound. I can't completely blame the group. They wanted someplace for their group to eat and Palo was the only place that offered group dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter