new blog by Bob Gurr about Podcast Cruise 2.0!

We were in the private dining room, but like Jamie pointed out the door was just glass and was not made to block out sound as there was no seal around the door.

I'm guessing the assumption on the part of Palo is that adults in a restaurant of that caliber will conduct themselves with at least a shred of decorum. Then again....

I'm guessing the assumption on the part of Palo is that adults in a restaurant of that caliber will conduct themselves with at least a shred of decorum. Then again....

:lmao:

63478_1486622085514_1232784488_31057664_4919848_n.jpg

Then again... and one would think that temper tantrums from adults because they can't wear shorts wouldn't be seen either.

I was with a large group in that room on the previous night. I did feel sorry for the folks that were seated close to us. We were having such a good time, and I'm sure we got very loud a few times. But, DCL should know that that's the nature of the beast. Large groups of family or friends eating together and enjoying each other's company are bound to get loud. I am surprised that they don't have a better sound barrier into this room.:confused3

I'd rather be in a dinner with friends, I can laugh with and have fun with while enjoying a nice meal.

I heard complaints about disruptions from several different diners trying to enjoy brunch and dinner in Palo this trip.

That is funny, I heard the opposite from several diners who wished they were in the private dining room with us.

Skip, I'm sorry that the ill-behaved group detracted from what should have been a very nice dinner at Palo.

I heard complaints about disruptions from several different diners trying to enjoy brunch and dinner in Palo this trip. It's a shame that some don't recognize or care that their inappropriate or selfish behavior is rude to others.

That's a tough one and maybe not great to call clients ill-behaved and Bob and Fred, as well. But, Palo has a dress code. Every one I saw that walked into that room looked beautiful when I saw them for brunch. I have seen their picture for dinner, and they all looked classy. I'm a bit jealous that this group is getting all this attention.

Maybe one would think they were in a private room, and they were allowed to be noisier. I wonder if they even knew that they were being loud to the people outside the doors. And, if it was only noisy to the few tables surrounding the room (as we walked away it got quieter), maybe there only a few that were bothered by the noise. And, if Disney management didn't say anything to the group, then how were they to know they were being disruptive? It's all a matter of opinion and what you think is OK. And we are all entitled to our opinions, but people shouldn't name call. It's not nice.

Actually, Nicole's right - no one said anything to us about keeping it down - with the exception of closing the glass door, while assuring us it was fine...

And, based on the rants against DCL on the podcasts, no - I don't think WE did any damage to the Dis' reputation.

It's been my experience in the very recent past that Disney walks a fine line when it comes to asking diners to tone it down. Several servers expressed their frustration (and that of other diners) with a large group last weekend while I was there. The servers actually looked uncomfortable and unsure of whether or not they should intervene. Luckily for them, the group left and they did not have to. I can imagine it is a difficult situation to deal with when you have a group of guests that is louder than the norm because you want to cater to their needs as well as those that may potentially be disturbed by them. I can't fault Disney for this.

This seems like an odd comment to make.

What difference does it make if they were a client of Dreams Unlimited Travel or not?

Do you think they knew that you weren't a client of Dreams Unlimited Travel?

I, personally, find it odd that someone would think it a "good business practice" to call CLIENTS IN GENERAL an "ill-behaved group", exhibiting "inappropriate or selfish behavior" and who cannot "conduct themselves with at least a shred of decorum".

And I never tried to hide the fact that I wasn't a DU client on that cruise. Bob Gurr knew I wasn't... Fred and I discussed it.

It's been my experience in the very recent past that Disney walks a fine line when it comes to asking diners to tone it down. Several servers expressed their frustration (and that of other diners) with a large group last weekend while I was there. The servers actually looked uncomfortable and unsure of whether or not they should intervene. Luckily for them, the group left and they did not have to. I can imagine it is a difficult situation to deal with when you have a group of guests that is louder than the norm because you want to cater to their needs as well as those that may potentially be disturbed by them. I can't fault Disney for this.

You were in Disney last weekend?????????

I, personally, find it odd that someone would think it a "good business practice" to call CLIENTS IN GENERAL an "ill-behaved group", exhibiting "inappropriate or selfish behavior" and who cannot "conduct themselves with at least a shred of decorum".

And I never tried to hide the fact that I wasn't a DU client on that cruise. Bob Gurr knew I wasn't... Fred and I discussed it.

Again I have to say these are all odd comments and not relevant to the conversation.

You imply that the people who complained were Dreams Unlimited Travel clients and again I have to ask why you would make such a comment? Do you feel that Dreams Clients are picking on your group?

Oh - and did you happen to tell Bob and Fred that one of the reasons you had your reservation released from Dreams Unlimited Travel was because you "didn't care about the special events or guests" that was planned as part of our group? That the only reason you were on the cruise was to spend time with your good friends and none of the other stuff appealed you?

Again I have to say these are all odd comments and not relevant to the conversation.

You imply that the people who complained were Dreams Unlimited Travel clients and again I have to ask why you would make such a comment? Do you feel that Dreams Clients are picking on your group?

Oh - and did you happen to tell Bob and Fred that one of the reasons you had your reservation released from Dreams Unlimited Travel was because you "didn't care about the special events or guests" that was planned as part of our group? That the only reason you were on the cruise was to spend time with your good friends and none of the other stuff appealed you?

You are INFERRING "that the people who complained were Dreams Unlimited Travel clients" and that's not what I'm saying - I'm saying those comments were made by DU staff (direct quotes from Pete and WebmasterKathy).

When questioned about my lanyard, I replied that I was not with DU based on "personal issues with DU and the Dis in general". I was quite discreet and did not air any actual issues with them.

I personally never said I was not interested in the speakers - I withdrew based on things that happened on the podcast and boards that I did not agree with and could no longer justify giving DU any of my money.

As for my interaction with Bob - HE CAME TO US!

You are INFERRING "that the people who complained were Dreams Unlimited Travel clients" and that's not what I'm saying - I'm saying those comments were made by DU staff (direct quotes from Pete and WebmasterKathy).

Really?!?!?!

Wow. You do realize a lot of those people you are referencing were CLIENTS, right??? :sad2:

Guess I was inferring clients based on the fact you wrote the word 'clients'.

When questioned about my lanyard, I replied that I was not with DU based on "personal issues with DU and the Dis in general". I was quite discreet and did not air any actual issues with them.

I personally never said I was not interested in the speakers - I withdrew based on things that happened on the podcast and boards that I did not agree with and could no longer justify giving DU any of my money.

As for my interaction with Bob - HE CAME TO US!

I stand corrected. You are right. You never actually gave a reason for asking to have your reservation released back to DCL. It was the lead person on your reservation who said they were not interested in the events and guests we had lined up. I guess I just assumed you were in agreement. My mistake.

I am happy that Bob spent time with so many Disney Fans on this cruise - whether they were booked with Dreams Unlimited Travel or not. Whether they were part of our group or not.

I found both Bob and Charlie to be fantastic people and super generous with their time and stories. Bob was a little more outgoing than Charlie and I am so pleased he found groups of enthusiastic fans to interact with. He is a class-act and I am so happy both he and Charlie accepted our invitation to join us on our cruise.

I hope that one day every Disney fan gets a moment to enjoy their company - these are memories I will never forget.

For the record, I am not part of DU.

I'm glad to know that because some of your recent comments to and about the DU clients could be seen as rather rude, such as the one to the client who complained about the bus situation. I work with clients all the time and some of them drive me crazy and some of them I can not stand but I would never, ever insult or humiliate them in a public forum, that is what private staff meetings are for :). While I was not a DU client on this cruise, 12 of our group were, and I would hate for DU to lose any business because they thought a staff member was being unprofessional towards them.

Actually that was me, and no I did not mention that as it would have been rude. However, the personal interaction was a much different experience than the sessions they gave, while I am sure they were wonderful, getting to actually talk with him one on one was very memorable.

As to anyone whose dinner / brunch was disturbed, I sincerely apologize, that was not our intent at all, just having fun with friends we don't get to see often enough.

Actually that was me, and no I did not mention that as it would have been rude. However, the personal interaction was a much different experience than the sessions they gave, while I am sure they were wonderful, getting to actually talk with him one on one was very memorable.

Yes Robin I did go through my emails and realize now you were the one that wrote to have your reservation released from Dreams. I did apologize to Jaime for getting that wrong. She was on your reservation and that's where I got confused.

As I said I'm eternally grateful to Bob for being so gratious to everyone/anyone on the cruise that wanted to spend time with him. He didn't have to do that - he could have done the show and spent the rest of the time with Fred enjoying his cruise. What a fantastic gentleman he is.

I also think we need to thank Fred for being so patient with all us crazy Disney Fans. He was so nice and so understanding.

I hope they consider joining us again for another DIS event.

Yes Robin I did go through my emails and realize now you were the one that wrote to have your reservation released from Dreams. I did apologize to Jaime for getting that wrong.

As I said I'm eternally grateful to Bob for being so gratious to everyone/anyone on the cruise that wanted to spend time with him. He didn't have to do that - he could have done the show and spent the rest of the time with Fred enjoying his cruise. What a fantastic gentleman he is.

I also think we need to thank Fred for being so patient with all us crazy Disney Fans. He was so nice and so understanding.

I hope they consider joining us again for another DIS event.

I agree John, they were both very generous with their time. You have to love a guy who can get away with calling Bob Gurr, "the old man" Just don't ask Bob to go on NCL' s Epic, he was very adamant that it was the ugliest ship he had ever seen :rotfl2:

Just don't ask Bob to go on NCL' s Epic, he was very adamant that it was the ugliest ship he had ever seen :rotfl2:

I don't think Bob's in any danger of that happening from this group....and it's nice to know that that man has taste, and still has a keen eye with regards to engineering and design......and that you can have both form and function if engineered correctly. Imagineers have shown time and again that they are masters of that artform. :-)

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter