• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

new blog: Five “Killer” Whales Sue SeaWorld for Slavery

The unfortunate truth is that whenever I see PETA associated with anything -- even if it has merit -- it makes me cringe. They've done so many things that are just ridiculous that it makes everything they do look ridiculous. I am all for animal rights, but PETA just annoys the *@$& out of me. Their radical stance on most things puts a crazy face on all animal rights activists, PETA-involved or not :headache:

The unfortunate truth is that whenever I see PETA associated with anything -- even if it has merit -- it makes me cringe. They've done so many things that are just ridiculous that it makes everything they do look ridiculous. I am all for animal rights, but PETA just annoys the *@$& out of me. Their radical stance on most things puts a crazy face on all animal rights activists, PETA-involved or not :headache:

Agreed.

They could be doing the best thing ever... but since the name PETA is involved, the attention it gets won't be positive. I also am a supported of animal rights, but I am logical about it. I will NEVER support a group like PETA because they are too radical and take attention away from the problems at hand. They have also shown a general lack of understanding and knowledge on how things work and what the issues are.

Personally I think this situation is ridiculous. It is a waste of the court's time and resources to even have to read it.

Just to echo about how PETA is generally ridiculous, the complaint calls for the release of the animals into their natural habitat. Of course, animals such as those, who have been raised in captivity their entire life, wouldn't stand a chance of survival if released. So PETA is basically asking them to get a death sentence.

PETA must not have anything better to do right now.:sad1:

Just to echo about how PETA is generally ridiculous, the complaint calls for the release of the animals into their natural habitat. Of course, animals such as those, who have been raised in captivity their entire life, wouldn't stand a chance of survival if released. So PETA is basically asking them to get a death sentence.

If we are going to bash PETA let's do it accurately. The above assertion isn't accurate. The complaint does not ask for the court to order the whale be released into their natural habitat. Instead, it asks the court to "Appoint a legal guardian to effectuate Plaintiffs’ transfer from Defendants’ facilities to a suitable habitat in accordance with each Plaintiff’s individual needs and best interests." (Page 20.) One of the "next friends" claims to be an expert on rehabilitation of marine animals.

If we are going to bash PETA let's do it accurately. The above assertion isn't accurate. The complaint does not ask for the court to order the whale be released into their natural habitat. Instead, it asks the court to "Appoint a legal guardian to effectuate Plaintiffs’ transfer from Defendants’ facilities to a suitable habitat in accordance with each Plaintiff’s individual needs and best interests." (Page 20.) One of the "next friends" claims to be an expert on rehabilitation of marine animals.

Brilliantly funny...the whole situation, but this part particularly

Rich

My thought may be to Sea World to pull PETA's "fangs" by offering to turn these five whales over to PETA. Of course PETA must agree that releasing them to the wilds would be an automatic death sentence, so that PETA agrees to provide a suitable location and environment, at PETA's expense, to maintain these whales (and any progeny) until they die a natural death.

My thought may be to Sea World to pull PETA's "fangs" by offering to turn these five whales over to PETA. Of course PETA must agree that releasing them to the wilds would be an automatic death sentence, so that PETA agrees to provide a suitable location and environment, at PETA's expense, to maintain these whales (and any progeny) until they die a natural death.

I doubt PETA would have any problem raising money to do this. Think about it. Bob Barker has donated millions of dollars to stop whale hunts. And how many "Free Willy" movies were made?

The reason this won't happen is that these whales make SeaWorld far too much money for them to simply give them away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter