• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New BLT direct incentives!

I am truly contemplating buying BLT with these incentives. I was going to add on 50 points somewhere to get to 300 total. We have AKV direct 100 point contract and SSR 150 point resale contract. I am thinking of selling the resale contract and buying a 200 point BLT. Thoughts? Oh and my use year is March so we would get the points now and then again in March.
If you don’t care for SSR, then yeah I’d sell it and buy BLT direct. And if you buy before March, you’d get all of 2022 points as well while only paying the prorated dues, which is a steal! But I’d buy 300 points to maximize the discount.

If you don’t care for SSR, then yeah I’d sell it and buy BLT direct. And if you buy before March, you’d get all of 2022 points as well while only paying the prorated dues, which is a steal! But I’d buy 300 points to maximize the discount.
With the March UY 2022 points and the prorated amount, are you only paying for 1/12 of the MF or 9/12?

I am truly contemplating buying BLT with these incentives. I was going to add on 50 points somewhere to get to 300 total. We have AKV direct 100 point contract and SSR 150 point resale contract. I am thinking of selling the resale contract and buying a 200 point BLT. Thoughts? Oh and my use year is March so we would get the points now and then again in March.

I’m with you. Was waiting for VGF2 but if they don’t release any info before this BLT sale ends, I think we’ll buy BLT.

We currently own 100 points at Copper Creek and was thinking of adding 150 points direct for the blue card benefits but the BLT sale is significantly better at 200 points ($43 off per point) vs $27 off per point for 150.

I will likely request 150 + 50 (if they’ll do it and still give me the 200 point discount) even if I have to pay two closing costs.

As for use year, we are April - I’m still not completely clear on how that works? If we buy these points on March 1st will we get 200 2021 points immediately and then 200 2022 points on April 1st? Then would we pay the dues for the 2021 points pro-rated for just the month of March?

I’m with you. Was waiting for VGF2 but if they don’t release any info before this BLT sale ends, I think we’ll buy BLT.

We currently own 100 points at Copper Creek and was thinking of adding 150 points direct for the blue card benefits but the BLT sale is significantly better at 200 points ($43 off per point) vs $27 off per point for 150.

I will likely request 150 + 50 (if they’ll do it and still give me the 200 point discount) even if I have to pay two closing costs.

As for use year, we are April - I’m still not completely clear on how that works? If we buy these points on March 1st will we get 200 2021 points immediately and then 200 2022 points on April 1st? Then would we pay the dues for the 2021 points pro-rated for just the month of March?
That is my understanding - you only pay prorated dues but still get the points immediately. And they will let you split the contract just have to pay the two closing fees. I am thinking of doing two 100 points - I have three kids so it works out even if I do end up passing it on. (Since we already have the AKV 100 point contract) Even though I know two would technically have to share to maintain the blue card status. Maybe I will do the 150 and 50 point contracts not sure on that yet.

With the March UY 2022 points and the prorated amount, are you only paying for 1/12 of the MF or 9/12?
If you bought it this month, you’d only pay MF for February for the 2021 points so yes, 1/12. If you bought it on 3/1, then you’d pay only one day’s worth of dues, but that’s cutting it too close IMO.

I could have sworn my guide/posts here said

Get 2021 points at sale
Get 2022 points at UY month
2022 dues are prorated - sale - end of year

With a Sept UY
If I buy in Mar, I pay the 2022 dues cost for Mar - Dec

MFs are per calendar year, not UY. So you would pay about 75% (9/12th) of the 2022 MFs if bought on/after 3/1/2022. If you buy in February, you should get 2021 points that could be courteous banked into 2022.

I bought on January 6th last year with an August UY. We got the 2020 points for “free”, i.e. no 2020 MFs, and had to pay 359/365 of the 2021 annual dues.

I have bought and sold to upgrade my points to a different resort. I was even thinking about this myself instead of going the VGF route...but. I don't really want to spend the money for 200 points (looking at 80 to 100 points at VGF depending on price) and my SSR points are eligible for booking all resorts.

So many things to decide!!!

I have bought and sold to upgrade my points to a different resort. I was even thinking about this myself instead of going the VGF route...but. I don't really want to spend the money for 200 points (looking at 80 to 100 points at VGF depending on price) and my SSR points are eligible for booking all resorts.

So many things to decide!!!
the refinement process never ends 😩

I could have sworn my guide/posts here said

Get 2021 points at sale
Get 2022 points at UY month
2022 dues are prorated - sale - end of year

With a Sept UY
If I buy in Mar, I pay the 2022 dues cost for Mar - Dec
OK, this was my understanding also, but wanted to make sure. 2021 free and 2022 prorated by calendar year, not UY

OK, this was my understanding also, but wanted to make sure. 2021 free and 2022 prorated by calendar year, not UY

I have a Feb use year. So let’s say I purchase 300 points with this offer. I could sell the 300 2021 ‘free points’ that I don’t need for around $17 a point ($5,100). I would purchase using the Disney Chase card for 2% rewards ($1,182 on $59,100)and pay off before interest accrues. That would bring thecost down to around $52,818, which is approximately $176 a point. Is my thinking correct?

I’m not sure what the closing costs are. but I’d like to do 3, 100 points contacts in case I need to downsize in smaller steps in the future as well as get the max resale price.

I have enough space on the Disney card to put it all on there, but spacing it out would be nicer as I don’t want a maxed out credit card on my credit resport.

Any suggestions for a good guide? Thanks!!!

I have a Feb use year. So let’s say I purchase 300 points with this offer. I could sell the 300 2021 ‘free points’ that I don’t need for around $17 a point ($5,100). I would purchase using the Disney Chase card for 2% rewards ($1,182 on $59,100)and pay off before interest accrues. That would bring thecost down to around $52,818, which is approximately $176 a point. Is my thinking correct?

I’m not sure what the closing costs are. but I’d like to do 3, 100 points contacts in case I need to downsize in smaller steps in the future as well as get the max resale price.

I have enough space on the Disney card to put it all on there, but spacing it out would be nicer as I don’t want a maxed out credit card on my credit resport.

If you have a Feb UY, I don't think you get 2021 points. Your 2022 year started 5 days ago. But maybe someone with better knowledge of UY than I can correct me if I'm wrong.

Great plan and what I am considering. But I am going to wait for VGF pricing first.

Couple of points: 1) buy in 150 point contracts. Both will have a blue card. 2) If you haven't contacted DVC or bought into DVC get a referral to save some cash. https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/learn-more-referral https://my.dvcdreamitforward.com/8QYTDAVN6Rw1 3) get a March UY. Feb won't get 2021

Last edited:
If you have a Feb UY, I don't think you get 2021 points. Your 2022 year started 5 days ago. But maybe someone with better knowledge of UY than I can correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree. You only get 2021 points if you are still in the 2021 UY. So if you have a Feb UY you would not get “double/2021” pints. You’d only get 2022 points and onward.

March UY would get 2021 points as long as they purchased by Feb 28th. Once March 1st hits they would only get 2022.

Since you are in your 2022 UY already, there are no 2021 points. It’s why the term free is nothing more than current UY points when buying toward the end of the UY.

MFs are based on calendar year and not UY so it doesn’t matter for those as it is calculated from the day you buy.

Those adding on with UYs still eligible for 2021 points would get them which is pretty much all but Feb at this point.

Great plan and what I am considering. But I am going to wait for VGF pricing first.

Couple of points: 1) buy in 150 point contracts. Both will have a blue card. 2) If you haven't contacted DVC or bought into DVC get a referral to save some cash. https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/learn-more-referral https://my.dvcdreamitforward.com/8QYTDAVN6Rw1 3) get a March UY. Feb won't get 2021

Thanks. I will purchase March use year. I have a direct SSR contract so I’m set with my blue card.

I currently have 2, 100 point resale Feb BLT contacts. I paid $150 and $160 for them. I’m thinking I will sell those and replace with essentially $176 March direct points (via selling the 2021 March points and using the Disney Chase card). Yes, I’m paying more for direct, but I’m gaining the ability to use those points at DLT, significant for me as I live in Southern CA.

Thanks. I will purchase March use year. I have a direct SSR contract so I’m set with my blue card.

I currently have 2, 100 point resale Feb BLT contacts. I paid $150 and $160 for them. I’m thinking I will sell those and replace with essentially $176 March direct points (via selling the 2021 March points and using the Disney Chase card). Yes, I’m paying more for direct, but I’m gaining the ability to use those points at DLT, significant for me as I live in Southern CA.

Just be sure you understand what having two UYs entails. It’s like being two owners, You will not be able to use those contracts together for a single trip If you decide not to sell them.

Can anyone recommend a guide? I am considering canceling my resale purchase and buying direct instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter