New BOG Dinner Menu

Was there last night...now gone

Yeah, I tried on the website around 6:30 and it wasn't there. Tried a different browser and still not there.

Next person that does see it, please try a screen shot, so everyone can see it in case it goes away again.

A character can only be in one place at a time in the park so if Belle was at BOG, she could nto appear at her Enchanted Tales. LOgistically it woudl nto work, but I agree that M&G woudl have been awesome!

ANyone there can have a picture, from what I remember. No autographs though.

Interesting. In Feb when I was there it was only the people in the show and then she left. :(

A character can only be in one place at a time in the park so if Belle was at BOG, she could nto appear at her Enchanted Tales. LOgistically it woudl nto work, but I agree that M&G woudl have been awesome!

Isn't Belle the front of the house picture at Akershus at the same time that she's meeting in France? For that matter, Cinderella has both a meet and a meal in MK. I can see them not wanting the same character at two meets in the same park, but they seem to waive that rule for a meal and a M&G.

Isn't Belle the front of the house picture at Akershus at the same time that she's meeting in France? For that matter, Cinderella has both a meet and a meal in MK. I can see them not wanting the same character at two meets in the same park, but they seem to waive that rule for a meal and a M&G.

YEs, but Belle is in two different parks. Epcot and MK. CInderella is never visiting in CRT during the parade. She leaves adn you do nto see her again until after that. GUests will see her either before or after the parade is over.

You will often see Aurora in the MK, but not when she is appearing at CRT. Characters cannot be in two places at teh same time, ever....in the same park. Yes, they will be in restaurants in resorts, or meeting in a different park, but that is as far as Disney goes in regards to character sightings.

I have always wanted Belle to meet at BOG with Beast, however it has never occured becuase of the attraction she is "starring" in. You notice that Beast never joins her there, and his "part" is played by a guest. This is a deliberate decision DIsney has made to preserve the illusion that there are no people playing characters, there are only characters.

YEs, but Belle is in two different parks. Epcot and MK. CInderella is never visiting in CRT during the parade. She leaves adn you do nto see her again until after that. GUests will see her either before or after the parade is over.

You will often see Aurora in the MK, but not when she is appearing at CRT. Characters cannot be in two places at teh same time, ever....in the same park. Yes, they will be in restaurants in resorts, or meeting in a different park, but that is as far as Disney goes in regards to character sightings.

I'm not talking about Belle in two different parks. At Epcot, she is taking pictures at the front of Akershus all day, at the same time she is meeting periodically in the France pavillion. Same park.

In MK, Cinderella meets in Princess Fairytale Hall all day, at the same time that she's hosting meals in the castle all day. Since both the FPs and ADRs for Cindy book up well in advance, she's certainly not toggling back and forth between appearing at those two locations.

Interesting. In Feb when I was there it was only the people in the show and then she left. :(

Well that is a shame! She used to be there for a quick photo for anyone int eh audience. I bet there was some over zealous guests who spent too much time, or Disney decided the turnaround time was excessive. Either way, that is sad.

I'm not talking about Belle in two different parks. At Epcot, she is taking pictures at the front of Akershus all day, at the same time she is meeting periodically in the France pavillion. Same park.

In MK, Cinderella meets in Princess Fairytale Hall all day, at the same time that she's hosting meals in the castle all day. Since both the FPs and ADRs for Cindy book up well in advance, she's certainly not toggling back and forth between appearing at those two locations.

I don't know. This was the reasoning I was given, but perhaps that has changed.

You are correct. The reason they haven’t brought Belle into the BOG meet is probably as simple as...they don’t need to. It’s already one of the hardest ADRs to get. Why pay another character to meet when they already fill the place. Now if the new menu goes south...who knows what changes they might decide to make.

Well I managed to grab some screenshots of the menu last night from MDE! I only got part way through the kid's menu, though, because the app was melting my phone haha. Anyway, here they are. Although I didn't manage to snag most of the kid's menus, I remember they also included the mickey meatloaf, and what I saw of the rest seemed very similar if not almost identical to the old kid's dinner menus. Kid's desserts were just the cupcakes and grey stuff brownie.

(I like the new menus better than the old menus myself, honestly- I REALLY love macarons and grand marnier and ganache, although we'll have to see how good it is (though I find the idea of eating "Chip" a little morbid?). I'm pretty pleased with this on the whole. And I also like that it's not a character meal, and that Beast meets alone- he's my favorite character and I enjoy getting to meet him without having Belle there to split your attention, considering there's like four other places to meet her already.)

(Edit: On second thought, though, while I am happy with the dessert, I can see how many people won't be. Having a single dessert trio and no other choices with a prix fixe menu? Mm. I don't see that going over well. I would be disappointed, I know, if it was something I didn't like.)

Attachments

• bogapp.png
    bogapp.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 227
  • bogdinner.png
    bogdinner.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 234
  • bogdessert.png
    bogdessert.png
    122.9 KB · Views: 222
  • bogkids.png
    bogkids.png
    194.5 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Well I managed to grab some screenshots of the menu last night from MDE! I only got part way through the kid's menu, though, because the app was melting my phone haha. Anyway, here they are. Although I didn't manage to snag most of the kid's menus, I remember they also included the mickey meatloaf, and what I saw of the rest seemed very similar if not almost identical to the old kid's dinner menus. Kid's desserts were just the cupcakes and grey stuff brownie.

(I like the new menus better than the old menus myself, honestly- I REALLY love macarons and grand marnier and ganache, although we'll have to see how good it is (though I find the idea of eating "Chip" a little morbid?). I'm pretty pleased with this on the whole. And I also like that it's not a character meal, and that Beast meets alone- he's my favorite character and I enjoy getting to meet him without having Belle there to split your attention, considering there's like four other places to meet her already.)

(Edit: On second thought, though, while I am happy with the dessert, I can see how many people won't be. Having a single dessert trio and no other choices with a prix fixe menu? Mm. I don't see that going over well. I would be disappointed, I know, if it was something I didn't like.)

Thank you!

I'm disappointed to see that they went with the dessert trio, no choice. And for some reason, when this announcement was first made, I thought the vegetarian entrée seemed like it was more vegan-friendly. Oh well, I guess I'll be cancelling this ADR after all.

I really want to see what the options for the Kids Dinner. The adult menu doesn't see bad. But the kids menu is 35pp and would determine whether we would go.

Seems like the kids' menu is the problem with MDE. The screen shots Princess Serendipity took show the old kids' menu, but the blogmickey article showing the actual menu shows there are changes to the kids' menu. Guess that mistake is what's holding up the online version.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter