• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Bounceback: Free Dining 2019

I feel silly for forgetting all the math I learned in high school. What's the best way of even calculating the value between a room only discount and a free dining discount?

We are going in about a week and are most likely upgrading to AP while we're there. I don't know if we will be renewing our APs next summer. We plan on returning at least once within the year, preferably in January (with my mom who doesn't have an AP). I'm guessing free dining wouldn't be the best value for us with APs, and my mom who isn't a big eater. But if the math works out, who knows? I definitely need help though :confused3:confused::laughing:

Free Dining Bounceback Offer 2019

Only available for guests traveling now through October 31, 2018.

You must book by 10pm (Eastern) on the day you check out. You can book by calling extension 8844 from your room or calling 407-939-1923. Your TA can also book it for you.

Anyone staying onsite qualifies even if you don't see the flyer in your room or you are staying at the campgrounds.

The bounceback is good for trips where you must CHECK IN on one of the following 2019 dates:

May 28 - June 4
June 28 - Sept 7
Dec 6 - Dec 24

Minimum 4 night stay required. You will pay full price for the room.

Minimum 4 day park tickets and they must have the hopper option.

Values & Moderates will get free QS dining plan.

Deluxe & Villas will get free regular dining plan.

You can pay the difference to upgrade the plan.

Excluded resorts (these are the resorts that you can't book for next year. You can still book the bounceback if you are staying at one of these resorts this year.) :
Art of Animation Little Mermaid rooms
All Star Movies
Port Orleans French Quarter
Polynesian Bungalows
Grand Floridian Villas
Bay Lake Tower
All 3 bedroom Villas
Fort Wilderness Campsites
Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

$200 deposit required when you book. Deposit is refundable but you cannot book it later if you decide you want to. Best practice is to book it while you are there if you think there's any chance you might be interested.

This or the room discount on dates through 2018 is available to book through 8/15, then 8/15-10/31 you can book this.

@SarahC97, The 2 pieces of information you've posted do not agree with one another.

May I ask where you obtained the information in post 1? People have called the BB number and been told the FD is not available.

Is this a rumor you've heard? If so, as much as I'd like it to be true I really think you need to publish it as that and not as fact. If it becomes fact later, all the better but for now if it's not actually a published offer I think that should be noted.

If it's published, are you able to provide pictures of the offer you found in your room?

Checking in in 3 1/2 weeks and hoping this is true, just being cautious until more details are determined.

It's still a good deal and great to use for AP renewal. The difference is, you're just paying more upfront with a four day ticket.
It's a great deal if you plan on renewing your AP in 2019. :) I don't, so I'll see what the bounceback is on my next trip in March.

I'm going to assume you just need a one night stay now to book the bb. Is that what you mean? You've just needed a one night stay in the past.
Yup. The first year BB was offered, DISers were thing down for one night onsite, sour of the moment. Of course, that was wayyy back when the Dining Plan was a better value.
I don't know why Disney keeps excluding POFQ and the Little Mermaid rooms?
No need. Limited availability. People book those rooms without needing any incentive.
I'm Confused! Our stay is 8/5-8/13 so do we not have a bounceback offer for travel in 2019? it loks like you'd have to come back in 2018? Help.....
Call 8844 the day you check and, if nothing, again the day you check out.

I don't know why Disney keeps excluding POFQ and the Little Mermaid rooms? We arrive for a 10 day stay in 5 days and as of this moment I can book a Little Mermaid room and a Garden View, River View or King Room at POFQ for our entire 10 day stay. I think it's time to start including these in the Free Dining offers.
I wouldn't be surprise with all of the other value resorts being upgraded to Queen beds that we don't soon see the Little Mermaid rooms included in FD promotions or, upgraded to Queen beds and continue to be excluded. Time will tell. Not sure why they exclude some of the resorts they do.

I always see how free dining isn’t really worth it unless you bring a bunch of adults, so I just did the math for myself and my daughter. We would more than likely stay at a value and always stay 10 days. The free dining offer with upgrades to the regular dining plan at Pop is $600+ cheaper than the current room only deal they have for this fall with a stay at ASMu (nothing available for Pop). Though to be fair, the percentage off of values is minimal. Doing the same for a stay at POR has a savings of $700+ because standard rooms are not available for the fall savings deal and I’m assuming they will be for the bounce back as I’ve never had a problem booking standard with a bounce back. This may not be true for some families - the room only savings may be a better deal for some, but I just wanted to throw it out there that for one adult and one child, we always find free dining to be a considerable savings at moderate and values.
May I ask if your DD is a Disney child (9 and under) or a Disney adult?

My DD will be 10 when we return next year so I'm going to need to sit down and crunch some numbers.

We're heading to WDW in 3 weeks for a quick surprise trip and I may book this BB. We are going in December for an 8 night stay and I had planned on upgrading our passes to Annual Passes at that time. If I do that then I would not qualify for the FD BB in 2019 as I would not need the passes and I'm not sure I'd want to pay for the passes and hold on to them for future use.

Just a word of caution to those who are considering purchasing offers if you are Annual Passholders. The tickets included in current Disney offers have a 'must be activated by' date. I believe the current activation date is December 31, 2019. So, if you have and AP and choose to book this offer and hold the passes to apply towards your AP reactivation, it would appear that you would need to purchase your new APs prior to Dec 31, 2019. This might work for many but if others were not planning on using the saved tickets until after Dec 31, 2019 or, renew your AP after Dec 31, 2019, the value of these tickets might be null when you go to use them.

I am not sure how all of this works but wanted to mention it. I was considering purchasing an AP during our trip last Jan and the CM I spoke with gave me this word of caution. Wanted to pass it along.

I don't know why Disney keeps excluding POFQ and the Little Mermaid rooms? We arrive for a 10 day stay in 5 days and as of this moment I can book a Little Mermaid room and a Garden View, River View or King Room at POFQ for our entire 10 day stay. I think it's time to start including these in the Free Dining offers.
They don't include them because they don't need to give people an incentive to book there. At the end of the day, all these offers do is fill rooms for Disney. If they don't need to fill the resort, they don't include it in the offer.

We have to see if this is available to book right now or on 8/15. The current information is confusing. No one has confirmed they are able to book this as of today.
It's my understanding that this offer, as well as the prior room only bounceback for dates in 2018, will be bookable through 8/15. Then from 8/15 to 10/31 the BB is only free dining.

I always see how free dining isn’t really worth it unless you bring a bunch of adults, so I just did the math for myself and my daughter. We would more than likely stay at a value and always stay 10 days. The free dining offer with upgrades to the regular dining plan at Pop is $600+ cheaper than the current room only deal they have for this fall with a stay at ASMu (nothing available for Pop). Though to be fair, the percentage off of values is minimal. Doing the same for a stay at POR has a savings of $700+ because standard rooms are not available for the fall savings deal and I’m assuming they will be for the bounce back as I’ve never had a problem booking standard with a bounce back. This may not be true for some families - the room only savings may be a better deal for some, but I just wanted to throw it out there that for one adult and one child, we always find free dining to be a considerable savings at moderate and values.
For my family of three Disney adults and one Disney kid, it's definitely more of a savings than any other offer. I'm going to be there in 23 days and plan on booking this for a trip on Labor Day 2019. Will save us about $700

@SarahC97, The 2 pieces of information you've posted do not agree with one another.

May I ask where you obtained the information in post 1? People have called the BB number and been told the FD is not available.

Is this a rumor you've heard? If so, as much as I'd like it to be true I really think you need to publish it as that and not as fact. If it becomes fact later, all the better but for now if it's not actually a published offer I think that should be noted.

If it's published, are you able to provide pictures of the offer you found in your room?

Checking in in 3 1/2 weeks and hoping this is true, just being cautious until more details are determined.
I don't see how they don't agree. They released the free dining bb yesterday and from what I've been told by my friend who works in reservations at Disney, who is my source, it is bookable now along with the previous room only BB. On 8/15, this is supposed to switch over to just the FD bounceback. I've also seen this reported in FB groups run by Disney TAs. Seemed reliable info which is why I posted here.

Also, this does jive with bouncebacks released in previous years.

Last edited:
They don't include them because they don't need to give people an incentive to book there. At the end of the day, all these offers do is fill rooms for Disney. If they don't need to fill the resort, they don't include it in the offer.

I disagree my point was to show that Little Mermaid rooms and POFQ aren't filling up. Most years 3 months or more out I couldn't book LM rooms because there weren't any left and these were for 7 day trips. Now I'm 5 days away from a 10 day stay and I can easily book the entire stay in an LM room.

Same with POFQ. Almost never had availability now just 5 days before our 10 day trip and can not only stay the entire 10 day stay here, but 3 different room categories are available. So why aren't either one now included in Free Dining, since it's obvious things have changed?

For my family of three Disney adults and one Disney kid, it's definitely more of a savings than any other offer. I'm going to be there in 23 days and plan on booking this for a trip on Labor Day 2019. Will save us about $700

This is the same for us. Free dining always wins. We are a family of 4, two kids 10 and 16, and even a 30% room discount doesn't beat the free food, lol. Heck, our average counter service cost for 4 people is in the $60-$70 per meal range. Even 20% off a mod is only saving maybe $40 to $50 per night.

Someone on another thread has reported calling the BB line today and the FD BB is available. She called yesterday and was told by that CM that it wasn't which was why I was being cautious.

Great news and thanks @SarahC97 for breaking the news here!

Thank you very much for that. We arrive in 5 days and I told my wife the first thing we're doing when we enter the room is calling to book next years FD trip, then we'll start our vacation.:banana:

If 2 or 3 adults in a room in Aug 2018 how many rooms can they book for the bounceback in 2019?

Wow, interesting that most of September is excluded, but all summer is included. Pretty big change in dates.
For August and September the dates are pretty similar to last year's bounceback. The public free dining offer usually has more september dates. Those June and July dates are pretty insane, though! I wonder if that's in anticipation of Galaxy's Edge opening in the fall - maybe they anticipate low crowds next summer too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter