New Ceremony/Reception/Dessert Party Venues

lurkyloo

The Attic was just perfect!
I'm really excited to see the addition of some new venues to the official Disney list, so I thought I'd post them here.

Seas with Nemo & Friends Scuba Wedding: The option to be married in the tank at The Seas has been available for a while, but they finally added it to the official list. The ceremony package with site fee is $3,500, and it includes 25 minutes in the tank for the bridal couple and space in the observation deck for up to 100 guests for 1 hour. Bride and groom must be open-water SCUBA certified, and 4 people (max) are allowed in the tank.

Canada Terrace: This is the patio/walkway on the upper level of Canada by the hotel building. It’s been available through Disney Catered Events for a while but never included in DFTW’s official list. The venue rental fee is $325, and the food and beverage minimums are $1,750 for breakfast, $2,450 for lunch, and $3,000 for dinner. It’s available to parties of 10-58. It’s not recommended as a dessert party venue – can you even see IllumiNations from there?

NEW STANDING-ROOM-ONLY DESSERT PARTY VENUES AT EPCOT:

Epcot has designated a few more pockets along the lake to use as dessert party venues, but most of them can only accommodate a couple of tall bistro tables and no chairs. I’m not sure how popular they will be with multi-generational groups of wedding guests... All have food and beverage minimums of $22/person, and all the usual Epcot rules about chartering transportation, no outside vendors, no music but what’s playing already in that country, no characters, etc. apply.

Vikings Landing in Norway: Venue rental fee is $250, minimum of 10 guests, maximum of 25. $75 charge to bring in 2 cocktail tables. Chairs not permitted, but benches may be present.

NorwaysVikingsLanding.jpg

Parisian Point in France: Venue rental fee is $250, minimum of 10 guests, maximum of 20. No tables or chairs available.

ParisianPointfromPromenade.jpg

ParisianPointtowardFrance.jpg

ParisianPointview.jpg

Kazbah Point in Morocco (not to be confused with the existing dessert party site, which can accommodate tables and chairs): Venue rental fee is $325, minimum of 10 guests, maximum of 25. No chairs available.

KazbahPointfromPromenade.jpg

KazbahPoint.jpg

KazbahPointView.jpg

OTHER NEW DESSERT PARTY VENUES AT EPCOT:

Unlike the standing-room-only sites, these either have existing seating or the possibility of bringing in chairs and tables. They also have food and beverage minimums of $22/person and all the usual rules.

Canada Overlook: Venue rental fee is $325, minimum of 20 guests, maximum of 50.

CanadaOverlook.jpg

CanadaOverlookView.jpg

Outpost Overlook (in Africa):Venue rental fee is $250, minimum of 10 guests, maximum of 20. Only existing chairs and tables may be used.

OutpostOverlook2.jpg

OutpostOverlook1.jpg

Thanks.

The Seas w/ Nemo sounds interesting, but I don't think I want get married under the water.

Canada sounds fun, but I would be worried about how open it is during park hours, and what would happen if it rains. (isn't it outdoors) I'll be sure to stop by and check it out when I'm there in a few weeks.

Yeah, I'd prolly only do an event at Canada Terrace before or after World Showcase's operating hours, and in a drier month!

I wish they could do ceremonies down in the garden area, but there's that dang fence around everything. :headache:

Why would anyone pay for those standing room only locations when you can have chairs and tables at Morocco Terrace for a $200 site rental fee? Or did the price go up?

I was wondering this too, some of those locations look tiny for 20 people to stand??

I quite like the look of the Africa outpost, but not sure on the Illuninations view from there?

I agree, the African outpost outpost looks amazing. Does anyone know what the view would be like there?

When we went for a Planning session, My WP told us about the scuba diving couple - they had all their guests watch in the Living Seas and they said their vows under water. They were both big scuba diving fans but still wanted their family to see their wedding so this fit perfect for them. I think it's a really cool idea

Why would anyone pay for those standing room only locations when you can have chairs and tables at Morocco Terrace for a $200 site rental fee? Or did the price go up?

That's pretty much what I was wondering. I'm not sure that wedding groups - which often have kids and grandparents who aren't gonna want to stand that long - are going to find the standing-room-only sites that practical.

The Morocco Oasis (your DP site) has the same $200 site fee but now has a food and beverage minimum of $440 instead of the $22/person. However, that's only an increase in price if you have fewer than 20 people.

Africa Outpost is circled in this picture - you pretty much have to look around the edge of an island to see the the spot where the fireworks launch, but it could be that, as with Morocco, it doesn't block as much of the show as you would think.

AfricaOutpost.jpg

I had actually asked my coordinator about Canada a few weeks ago; she said she had just gotten back from a DFTW walk-through of the new locations. She told me that it's 2 rounds of 8 for seating or 6 cocktail tables, so it's barely even a reception option unless you have a small group. Of course I was also told that the venue rental was $575, so.... :confused3

Yeah, it could be that they've changed the guidelines since then, cuz the info I got a few days ago was 6 cocktail tables or 6 tallboys, and that venue rental fee of $325. The only location that costs $575 is Italy Isola, which is HUGE!

I think they're still figuring out the logistics, though. It'll all prolly change again! :rotfl:

Carrie! Thank you so much for posting pictures. Always good to put a pix to the location =)

You're the best!!

I am crazy for pictures! When I was planning, I couldn't get enough pictures! :hyper:

It's not on the official list, but you can definitely ask about it (and it has been used in the past). :thumbsup2

It is. We considered it, but it is large. I have the information on it. if you'd like I can PM it to you.

I would really appreciate that, thanks :goodvibes! I actually randomly came across a thread of someone who had a mad hatter tea party in just the tent part, so it didn't seem to overwhelming. I guess I would have to see more info to really decide!

I have to be honest. Df and I are tempted to do the scuba wedding. It certainly would be unique. Does the officiant go in the water with you??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter