New change to the salute ticket

got2sammies

DIS Veteran
Hi guys! Just got back from DL.. My brother was able to get me the military salute tickets.. The military person is only needed the first day at the gate.. They never checked for him or is ID again.. They stayed with us for two days but left us to a third day by ourselves... Before he said they checked is ID every time he entered the park.

Hi guys! Just got back from DL.. My brother was able to get me the military salute tickets.. The military person is only needed the first day at the gate.. They never checked for him or is ID again.. They stayed with us for two days but left us to a third day by ourselves... Before he said they checked is ID every time he entered the park.

The official written policy is that they can check any and every time. Do they? Not really, but the written policy says they can. It's something guests using the Salute tickets should be aware of. I have a military ID so I don't have to worry, but the official written statement still says they can check whenever they want. Fortunately it worked out for you, but there has not been any change in the wording on their official site. Guests traveling without the service member do so at their own risk.

I do not think policy has changed..I think you got lucky.
ours were checked everyday and sometimes just changing parks..

We just got back last night and used the military 3 day park hopper. They took our picture on the first day we used the ticket, so I'm not sure how they would be transferrable? :confused3

The only change that we weren't aware of is that if you pay $4 extra per ticket you have until Sept 30th of next year (instead of this year) to use that tickets.

I guess it all depends on which CM you get. I used six military salute tickets last week, the two kids and I (military spouse) used them back to back. The first day of the first three day use, I was asked for ID, but no pictures were taken until the second day. The second three day use, I was asked for ID first time again, and pictures taken at first use. Never any other time. Only once did a CM ask who the military member was. When I said my not with us spouse, the CM said to thank him, then paused and thanked me for my service too.

I bought my tickets from North Island in SD. That ITT office stamped no refund on the tickets and all the etickets I bought had my name on them. When we turned them in at the gate, the Disney tickets issued also all had my name on them. Each first time, the CM kindly gave us a pen to cross out my name on the kids' tickets and each kid wrote their first name over mine. That was helpful, as each ticket otherwise looked alike.

It was a great deal, and gave us 6 days in the parks. Made a very relaxing time.

We just got back last night and used the military 3 day park hopper. They took our picture on the first day we used the ticket, so I'm not sure how they would be transferrable? :confused3

The only change that we weren't aware of is that if you pay $4 extra per ticket you have until Sept 30th of next year (instead of this year) to use that tickets.

Really? Where is that done, at the park or ITR? I'm taking my daughter with me in February and would really like to not have to wait until November to buy her tickets.

Really? Where is that done, at the park or ITR? I'm taking my daughter with me in February and would really like to not have to wait until November to buy her tickets.

It's nothing special. It's just that the new deal that starts after Sept. 2013 for 2014 is $129 instead of $125 so they are offering it now for those interested. Same happened to me last year when I went just before the $99 ended. They offered me the ones for $99 or $125 for this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter