New charge for Bell Service Delivery

Perfect thats my plan then. Do they refrigerate at the Deluxe resorts? (renting points at AKV)

They do. However, your delivery service has to ensure the stuff that needs the fridge is put there [likewise with freezer] and if you read reviews of the various delivery services, some of them some of the time don't do that and perishables end up outside of the safe temp zone for too long. There ARE some good delivery services that don't seem to have that issue. So do your homework before deciding on a service.

SW

Perfect thats my plan then. Do they refrigerate at the Deluxe resorts? (renting points at AKV)
The thing you have to watch out for is that there is only so much refrigerator space in bell services. At Port Orleans Riverside the CM's working there apparently shoved my yogurt in an overloaded fridge and some of them burst open from the force.

On a subsequent trip, when I had to help them find my carry on, I witnesses how overloaded the fridges are from all the food. There were bags sitting outside of the fridge on the floor because there was no room. I guess through the magical powers of "Refrigerator Osmosis" the food in those bags was being kept magically cold.

~NM

The thing you have to watch out for is that there is only so much refrigerator space in bell services. At Port Orleans Riverside the CM's working there apparently shoved my yogurt in an overloaded fridge and some of them burst open from the force.

On a subsequent trip, when I had to help them find my carry on, I witnesses how overloaded the fridges are from all the food. There were bags sitting outside of the fridge on the floor because there was no room. I guess through the magical powers of "Refrigerator Osmosis" the food in those bags was being kept magically cold.

~NM

I'm not sure if it is the Bell Service CMs or the actual delivery drivers that do the putting away of the groceries within Bell Services' storage area. My understanding is in some cases it is actually the delivery service driver. So the CMs may or may not have been the ones at fault for the yogurt or the attempted osmosis.

One of the delivery services occasionally posts pictures on their FB feed of the, lets call it misadventures in delivery, of some of the other services -- e.g. bags left sitting outside Bell Services [yep, not even brought inside], or not stored properly in the fridge, etc. Also the signs some Bell Services locations have put up to try to address some of the issues. Following their feed has been both eye-opening and disturbing. While in the end it comes down to the individual drivers and that some of them have a lack of care, wow how significant that lack of care can be when it does happen !! Fortunately, most orders from the various companies appear to happen without any known serious issues.

SW

One of the delivery services occasionally posts pictures on their FB feed of the, lets call it misadventures in delivery, of some of the other services -- e.g. bags left sitting outside Bell Services [yep, not even brought inside], or not stored properly in the fridge, etc. Also the signs some Bell Services locations have put up to try to address some of the issues. Following their feed has been both eye-opening and disturbing. While in the end it comes down to the individual drivers and that some of them have a lack of care, wow how significant that lack of care can be when it does happen !!
Given the variance between how different delivery drivers perform their jobs, it is even less a wonder why bell services is charging for the service now.

Given the variance between how different delivery drivers perform their jobs, it is even less a wonder why bell services is charging for the service now.

Except Disney is charging for delivery of courier delivered items to you rather than accepting the items.

Except Disney is charging for delivery of courier delivered items to you rather than accepting the items.
Yes, that is a different delivery method and process. No hotel is required to accept mail or packages for its customers. Long before Disney, LascVegas hotels have been charging. For shipments, too, in addition to postage.

I'm not sure if it is the Bell Service CMs or the actual delivery drivers that do the putting away of the groceries within Bell Services' storage area. My understanding is in some cases it is actually the delivery service driver. So the CMs may or may not have been the ones at fault for the yogurt or the attempted osmosis.

One of the delivery services occasionally posts pictures on their FB feed of the, lets call it misadventures in delivery, of some of the other services -- e.g. bags left sitting outside Bell Services [yep, not even brought inside], or not stored properly in the fridge, etc. Also the signs some Bell Services locations have put up to try to address some of the issues. Following their feed has been both eye-opening and disturbing. While in the end it comes down to the individual drivers and that some of them have a lack of care, wow how significant that lack of care can be when it does happen !! Fortunately, most orders from the various companies appear to happen without any known serious issues.

SW

Love the misadventures in delivery description! BWV bell service guy mentioned last year that some amazon delivery people were in his words sketchy. He went to the trouble of writing down the phone number for Garden Grocers which many DIS posters have reported using. Sounds like good alternative for ordering groceries.

MY point is that Disney doesn’t charge you if bell services received a grocery delivery and you pick up the delivered groceries. You will be charged when bell services delivers the groceries to your room, which seems reasonable to me. The policy seems less about whatever state the groceries are when they are delivered to bell services but more about the huge increase in grocery orders delivered in total. Modern life.

Last edited:
Agree!
There are too many people complaining about the cost of Disney. No one is twisting your arm and forcing you to hit the reservation button.

Its $6 dollars, if you are enraged by only $6 I'm not sure Disney World is for you.

I didn't see anyone "outraged" in this thread but I didn't read every response. That being said people can say the policy is dumb or its not a policy change they agree with. Doesn't mean you will skip Disney just means you are frustrated with a tiny policy change.

I personally will just pick up my bags myself and avoid the charge many others will likely do this as well.

They need to include an envelope labeled "This package delivered by X. Please give X a tip." I'd happily eat 6 bucks if I knew I could reward the person actually doing the work.

I am guessing but thinking it might be pooled tips anyways. Maybe someone who did the job can comment.

I am guessing but thinking it might be pooled tips anyways. Maybe someone who did the job can comment.

Good point. I hate pooled tips on principle. I used to work in a restaurant where wait staff would fork over 10% to bus boys. I would hustle my butt off for that 10% because I didn't like taking their money without providing them excellent service, support. etc. Pooling is slightly different, but it sort of has the same concept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter