NEW Chase Disney Reward DEBIT card!!

Puget Peach

My name is Puget Peach and I'm a Disneyholic!
I just made my first purchase on the new Disney Debit card. They can either replace your old Chase debit card or you can keep both. Earns Disney rewards point just like the Visa credit card. Also gives you the same merchandise discounts and a private meet and greet in Epcot with a FREE 5 x 7. I have had the Disney credit card for some time and am now very pleased that I won't have to use a credit card to earn my Disney Rewards!

This is great news!!! Thanks for sharing! We will definitely be looking into that!!! :cool1:

When I looked into this card a month ago, I was told there are no reward points. Has this changed??!

I used to have a rewards Debit Disney Visa through Chase, don't remember how long ago but it has been well over a year since it was discontinued in that form. If I remember correctly it carried a $25 annual fee and only earned .5% on purchases, so not very much. However since I use my debit card for every daily small purchase I earned well over the $25 annual fee, but it certainly wasn't the best point card around.

So I am guessing they have reinvented it or brought it back in another form? I haven't gotten anything from Chase about this, so your post is the first I am reading of it. Although there were/are better cards to use since I do regularly use my Chase Debit a new rewards card could work for me.

How did you find out about it?

They discontinued the Disney rewards debit card awhile ago. The only Disney debit card that I am aware of is just a regular Chase debit card. We have two, and they definitely do not earn rewards. They do qualify for some of the other Disney perks, just no rewards. You might want to review your paperwork.

I know when I did this first go around, there was 25.00 annual fee and they discontinued it because of new laws re: rewards. I may look into it again.

They brought back the debit card a few months ago. You do get some of the perks associated with the Visa card, such as the photo, and the 10 percent off $50 or more discount, but you do not earn points with the debit card.

Also, keep in mind that you have to maintain $1500 in the account or direct deposit a certain amount of money each month, or you wind up getting charged a $12 monthly maintenance fee. So just keep that in mind.

I just googled this and it does look like it's a new card with the benefits but not the rewards. These are the benefits listed:

10% off select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at DisneyStore.com and Disney Store locations.

Character Meet ‘N’ Greet at a private Cardmember location at Walt Disney World® and the Disneyland® Resorts.

10% off on select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at select locations at Walt Disney World® and the Disneyland® Resorts.

10% off select dining locations at Walt Disney World® and the Disneyland® Resorts (meal period restrictions may apply).

20% off the non-discounted price of select guided tours at Walt Disney World® and the Disneyland® Resorts.

I have never applied for the Disney Visa since I am happy with my Sapphire Preferred Chase Visa - we benefit more from that rewards program. But if I can get the discounts above, it will probably benefit me to get the debit card. For those in the know, I have a few questions:

Does anyone have a list, or know where I can find one, that lists which dining and shopping locations and which tours are discounted?

Do you retain your current Chase debit card perks if you switch to a Disney one (such as no charge at outside ATMs, etc)? - not sure if that is they type of debit card or the type of checking account.

It may be worth it for me to look into.

Thanks!

I just googled this and it does look like it's a new card with the benefits but not the rewards. These are the benefits listed:

10% off select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at DisneyStore.com and Disney Store locations.

Character Meet ‘N’ Greet at a private Cardmember location at Walt Disney World® and the Disneyland® Resorts.

10% off on select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at select locations at Walt Disney World® and the Disneyland® Resorts.

10% off select dining locations at Walt Disney World® and the Disneyland® Resorts (meal period restrictions may apply).

20% off the non-discounted price of select guided tours at Walt Disney World® and the Disneyland® Resorts.

I have never applied for the Disney Visa since I am happy with my Sapphire Preferred Chase Visa - we benefit more from that rewards program. But if I can get the discounts above, it will probably benefit me to get the debit card. For those in the know, I have a few questions:

Does anyone have a list, or know where I can find one, that lists which dining and shopping locations and which tours are discounted?

Do you retain your current Chase debit card perks if you switch to a Disney one (such as no charge at outside ATMs, etc)? - not sure if that is they type of debit card or the type of checking account.

It may be worth it for me to look into.

Thanks!

As far as I know, the restaurant/shopping list is the same as the credit card list. It can be found at www.disneyrewards.com. When I switched our regular debit card to the Disney debit, I was told everything was identical to what I had before the switch. I only use my debit card about 3 or 4 times a year and only at Chase ATMs, though, so I am not really familiar with fees and such.

As far as I know, the restaurant/shopping list is the same as the credit card list. It can be found at www.disneyrewards.com. When I switched our regular debit card to the Disney debit, I was told everything was identical to what I had before the switch. I only use my debit card about 3 or 4 times a year and only at Chase ATMs, though, so I am not really familiar with fees and such.

Thanks for the link. Looking quickly it doesn't look like it will make that much of a difference for me. I'll ask my banker what he thinks and if it changes my current debit card.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

FWIW it's not a *new* reboot of the card, it's been out since sometime last Fall I believe. We were among the first to switch over...so much so that the Chase bankers didn't even know that since my original Disney debit card was about to expire, that it would automatically roll over into the new one. Which messed me up b/c they said I needed to officially change over, and I ended up getting two debit cards b/c of that (and I thought they were identical, shredded one, and it turned out to be the "live" one). They thought DH had to come in and order his, he didn't, but got one in the mail. We got to be a source of "how does this work" for them, LOL.

The discounts don't help us b/c we get better $ back using our CC and we have discounts in other ways. We have not once gone to the free photopass place (it's a good way to get people out of lines, but we always want to be in those fun lines and just don't get to the special meet/greet spots). I'm not sure we've gotten anything from the newer debit card, but it's a cute card and that's worth it to me. :)

We just have part of the paycheck diverted to the Chase account to keep it free, and it's all good.

Quick question. Can I take advantage of using a debit as I would a Disney Visa credit card to book the current room discount package offer?

I switched to it when it first came out but there are no reward points being earned. I have emailed customer service about 3 different times and they have said No there is no reward card. Years ago my Chase debit card was earning points as long as you signed for purchases, which you could redeem for gift cards which was awesome! But they did away w/it:(

I switched to it when it first came out but there are no reward points being earned. I have emailed customer service about 3 different times and they have said No there is no reward card. Years ago my Chase debit card was earning points as long as you signed for purchases, which you could redeem for gift cards which was awesome! But they did away w/it:(

This is why they got rid of the rewards.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...ards-program-because-of-proposed-fee-cap.html

Can't say I blame them. From a business standpoint, it made sense to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter