New clippie, and a question!

TinkerPixie

Really,Really Cute!
This morning, I had to make an emergency trip to the doctor, due to a severe infection. I woke up with half my face, and neck swollen incredibly tight. DH rushed me to the dr, and she had to give me a steroid shot, plus antibiotics and painkillers. Does anybody know if that steroid shot will knock me out of ketosis or cause a weight gain? what about the antibiotics? I havent been sick at all since I started this WOE, so I dont know about meds effects on the body. DH got me an Atkins bar to eat with my meds after we got the precriptions filled, and that was the best chocolate almond brownie I ever had. Why does chocolate taste so good when you feel so bad? ;)

On the good side, I had lost another five pounds when they weighed me.... I'm claiming that 25 pound clippie now!:D

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW CLIPPIE!!!

Eeek, sorry to hear about your trip to the ER! Hope the shot/meds take care of everything for you. Sending PD for a *stay in ketosis* reaction!!! ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ I'm glad the chocolate tasted good - hopefully that felt like some "comfort food" and helped you feel better! :)

I don't know the answer to your questions, but I just wanted to give you {{{{{Hugs}}}} and say that I hope you're feeling better soon!

I love the new clippie, it looks great on you. If there is a good side to this bad situation, it's finding out you lost 5 more pounds!
Keep up the good work!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Oh, sweetie. I'm sorry you are so ill. I don't believe that just one steroid injection will cause weight gain. I have no idea if it will knock you out of ketosis or not, though. I don't know why it would.

If you were going to have to take prednisone or something like that on a regular basis you would probably see a weight gain, but I wouldn't worry too much about just one injection.

I hope it helps your discomfort. {{{HUGS}}}

Susan.{{{{{hugs}}}}}, sorry for you pain. I had the same thing happen to me last year. It ended up being an infection in my thyroid. It was NOT fun!

I agree with Kath...I see no reason why it should knock you out of ketosis. But nonetheless...you need to do what you need to do to get heathly!!

Congrats on your new clippied!!!! Hope you are feeling better soon!! Let us know how you are doing.

Tracy

to hear about your health trauma! you know it's much more important for your body to be healthy and if there is a slight gain from the steriods it's just fluff and will be gone when you stop the meds, most likely.

Stick to your eating plan and it will all fall into place once your health recovers! Hang in there!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} hope you feel better soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter