New Coast to Coast 2017 shirt

Excellent! Thanks for sharing that. I'm excited to earn my coast to coast in 2017. :goofy::tinker:

I did the coast to coast in 2006 before it was a thing. I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to doing another since there are other travel plans that would take precedence over a WDW and DL trip in the same year. I'm sure at some point I'll get it in but it will need some stars to align.

Doing Coast to Coast and Castle to Chateau this year. First time for both! I actually bought the 2016 C to C shirt during one of the sales because I really like the design, and I wanted to wear it while training for C to C. The year isn't obvious in the design, so it doesn't bother me TOO much to wear it. Maybe they should have an "in training" version too?

Well, no, yes, maybe and who knows. This was true LAST year...but recently we are being told that isn't the case...and you won't get the regular coast to coast if you Kessel run.
I'm not planning on it. While I would appreciate it if ends up being the way it was last year, the Kesssel Run is my priority.

They've updated the coast to coast website for 2017 and it says the same race can be used for multiple challenges so you should be good!

https://www.rundisney.com/coast-to-coast-race-challenge/
It was worded the same for 2016. The example uses 3 races to get 2 medals, pink & original. They need to put an example that only uses 2 races to get 2 medals to clarify, but apparently they like leaving it open for interpretation.

Why wouldn't doing two halfs each on one coast qualify for the c2c?
I think it's a question of if running a specific c2c challenge (ie Star Wars or Princess & Tink) qualifies the runner for both the special challenge medal (Kessel Run) and the usual c2c medal.

They've updated the coast to coast website for 2017 and it says the same race can be used for multiple challenges so you should be good!

https://www.rundisney.com/coast-to-coast-race-challenge/
When I was looking at the medals for Dark Side at the Star Wars expo last weekend, a runDisney rep saw me and without me even asking told me that Kessel Run also qualifies for the coast to coast medal. So that matches what the website says. Obviously, I'm glad it does because it means that I get both the Kessel Run and coast to coast medal. But I also like it because there are runners who may be more interested in the coast to coast medal, but can only do both Star Wars races because of schedules. I'm glad they're not making us choose.

In a weird way, I may run a race during Disneyland 1/2 weekend so I can get some Coast to Coast medal photos at Disneyland since both of my finishing coast to coast runs happened at Walt Disney World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter