• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New computer help - previewing posts

I went to the link and it said it was already installed but disabled. I followed the instructions to enable it, restarted my computer, still doesn't work :(. Darn, I liked that feature on my dinosaur computer.

I also dislike my new keyboard, my old computer was 15" and this is 13" - I know it will just take practice but I am constantly missing the space bar and the letter N. Double :( lol

If it works in Chrome on your old it should work on your new.

I would open up your settings in Chrome on your old PC and compare them to the new. Maybe change the settings to match that of your old - restart your browser and start again.

Are you using the same web browser? IE, Firefox, Safari?

I think it has something to do with your browser too. Are you using a version of Chrome that came loaded with your new computer? If so, uninstall it and download the latest version. Don't just update it. If the current version is corrupted, you may be updating onto it, without it repairing itself.

If you try another browser, (it works in Firefox for me,) then it may be your computer settings. Find your Display settings and scroll through them. You may find a feature you have to check or uncheck in order to get the Preview to work. Also check your computer mouse settings. Check to see if you have the latest mouse drivers downloaded - both the internal mouse and if you have a separate mouse installed.

I went to the link and it said it was already installed but disabled. I followed the instructions to enable it, restarted my computer, still doesn't work :(. Darn, I liked that feature on my dinosaur computer.

Check the SETTINGS of your Browser. It should be a tab in your toolbar at the top of the browser. Check to see if your add-ons are turned on. Especially Java & flash player for Chrome. Usually the Flash player sets itself to the Default browser - which since your PC is new, it's probably set to Microsoft Edge or whatever it's called nowadays.

Click on your settings, either in Chrome or Windows and choose Chrome as your Default browser. You might have to uninstall Adobe Flash player and re-download it and install it again to get it to work with Chrome. Don't do an update, especially for the flash player. This one REALLY does not work without uninstalling first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter