New Contemporary Resort Monorail/Incredibles Room Theme Announced - With Pictures

Wait....what??!! What vanity box?? Where is said vanity box? Perhaps I've been too busy rushing around everywhere collecting all the little bottles of goodness to spot a vanity box!!
Don't get too excited. They usually include a bad emery board, two cotton pads, and a cap in this vanity 'kit'. btw I am looking at a recent box right now and it is just the shower cap inside a 3in narrow box.

I do not like the theming. But, I do not like over the top theming. I have never stayed in the value resorts and the theming looks cute-especially @ AOA. I have stayed @ POFQ several times and one night @ CBR, the theming at those two resorts is just right.

We have stayed @ WL, CCV, BWV, AKL, AKV, BCV, YC, Poly, and our next stay is Riviera and all those have good to great theming. I just don't think the "Incredibles" theming is appropriate for a Deluxe resort-maybe AoA?

Contemporary could have been more Space Mountain Themed -maybe a lot of stainless steel looking furniture, shades of grays with pops of color like sage/green ? Futuristic wall art? Monorail wall art? Or just an overall monorail theme?

Don't get too excited. They usually include a bad emery board, two cotton pads, and a cap in this vanity 'kit'. btw I am looking at a recent box right now and it is just the shower cap inside a 3in narrow box.
Yeah - I'm pretty sure I have never gotten / seen one of those tiny boxes - I was just saying to myself on my last trip that I could have used a shower cap!

Maybe I'll luck out and for our November trip I'll get one??!!

Please tell me it has Mickey ears printed all over it..that would just make me feel better/worse about missing out on them! :rotfl2:

Yeah - I'm pretty sure I have never gotten / seen one of those tiny boxes - I was just saying to myself on my last trip that I could have used a shower cap!

Maybe I'll luck out and for our November trip I'll get one??!!

Please tell me it has Mickey ears printed all over it..that would just make me feel better/worse about missing out on them! :rotfl2:
No, plain clear plastic.

No, plain clear plastic.
Fine - I guess that's better than hearing they had Mickey on them....then I'd have to turn into my mom and use them once, and then hang them up in the bathroom to let them dry and re-pack them up for the next time!

Like this..

Fine - I guess that's better than hearing they had Mickey on them....then I'd have to turn into my mom and use them once, and then hang them up in the bathroom to let them dry and re-pack them up for the next time!
Have to say, I use them occasionally and I do hang them up to dry a few times. But I don't repack them. So I'm your mom!

Have to say, I use them occasionally and I do hang them up to dry a few times. But I don't repack them. So I'm your mom!
I just remember she'd always have one or two hanging up in her bathroom drying out....ALL.THE.TIME..

and only the cheap ones she'd get free in a hotel - never a heavy duty one she'd buy! :rotfl2:

Little off topic but... currently in the garden wing rooms is there a dresser? I couldnt tell by the pictures? Also, is it better to ask for ground floor so there is the patio area? TIA

Hey Disney, I will forgive you on these rooms, but in exchange I need a complete overhaul of the CR pools and a Bay Lake front non-Incredibles themed outdoor restaurant/bar. Deal?
I was thinking something similar. I will stay here because my kids will like the rooms and I like the location and dining options. It’s just that pool.. so underwhelming. I’d love to see a poll added to this thread to see how many love or hate the redo.

When I first looked at it I thought it was ugly with all that orange, my least favorite color, but then I went back and looked at it differently. I would not pay those prices to stay in something that I would expect at the over themed value resorts, but it is interesting. The window shaped does fit in with the monorail building, and it has a clean uncluttered look. When we watch tv with the kids, we sit on the couch, when in bed we sleep. Placing the tv above the couch would be annoying.

I initial thought that I wouldn´t want to pay that much for that design, but I can stay at the Floridian to get the feel I want. I am older, and I think younger guests more familiar with whoever those characters are would appreciate the design more than I do.

Last edited:
I must have missed something because I've never ever, in all my trips received a shower cap!!! Where are you staying that you get those from Disney?? :confused3 :rotfl2:
At one time, shower caps were available in the rooms at the Beach Club. Haven't stayed there in a few years so don't know if that's still accurate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter