• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

Do either of these answers help?

My D23 Expo badges haven’t arrived yet and I’m concerned I won’t be able to participate in online reservations. What should I do?
Please visit D23Expo.com/Activate to look up your badge number using your purchase Confirmation ID and email address used to purchase tickets.
Once you retrieve your badge numbers, you can then activate their badge and participate in online reservations on Friday, August 16.
If you do not receive your badges before you have to depart for D23 Expo, you can visit D23 Expo Will Call at North Hall Level 200 at the Anaheim Convention Center when you arrive to have a new badge issued. Please bring your purchase Confirmation ID# or email confirmation as well as a photo ID. All reservations that you have made and confirmed will transfer to your new badges.
My D23 Expo badges haven’t arrived yet and I’m concerned I won’t receive them before I depart for D23 Expo. What do I do?
If you do not receive your badges before you have to depart for the Expo, you can visit D23 Expo Will Call at North Hall Level 200 at the Anaheim Convention Center when you arrive to have a new badge issued. Please bring your purchase Confirmation ID# or email confirmation as well as photo ID.
Will Call hours are: Thursday, August 22 through Saturday, August 24 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, August 25 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Unfortunately, yes.

I won't have the photo ID because I didn't actually buy the tickets. Maybe they will accept a photo id through facetime.

I had a busy day at work and was rushing to be in time for reservation and even though I was stressed and annoyed at the delays I felt relieved it was postponed to tomorrow since I won't be working and can make time for it. Sorry to hear about the people that can no longer do it since they're super busy or have flights. Big props to the forum members for keeping us in the loop since I would've been refreshing nonstop otherwise.

They do have an event like this. It's called Destination D. However, it covers different material and isn't nearly as big. It does seem like a true delight compared to this. I guess I should have suffered through Expo before doing Destination D. Oh well, I'll just keep repeating that I am thankful I can even go to Expo :rolleyes1

Destination D is so nice. You can actually go out and get lunch between panels and not worry about whether you’ll have a seat. Love it. I wish they had them out here still.

Since I have so much runDisney experience, I sort of just laughed when it failed to load and it alternated with the error message.

Whew.
Currently also locked in a battle of wills with D23 Guest Services about a Sorcerer thing. It's going to be a long day. ;)

Same. I didn’t expect it to work. lol

Destination D is so nice. You can actually go out and get lunch between panels and not worry about whether you’ll have a seat. Love it. I wish they had them out here still.

However, the food lines, for anything except the pop up next to the conference rooms, were horrifically long. I stood in line forever at Contempo Cafe for grab n go and had to run back and woof down my food in line for the next panel. There's such a limited amount of places to eat right at Contemporary for the number of convention attendees and hotel guests. I lost weight during the convention, but gained it back at the park afterward. Other than the food access, it was pretty excellent. If I go by myself next time, I might the VIP package, whatever it's called. They are provided breakfast and lunch.

If I sign up for the Pete Docter signing, do I have to get the book signed? I’m getting the book, but I’m also bringing my Carl and Ellie Funko 2 pack that i’d really love for him to sign. I know at regular conventions the talent will sign pretty much anything you hand them, but for Docter and Merrick it specifically says they’ll sign the book. If thats the case and I can get into the signing, i’ll just get the book signed

If I sign up for the Pete Docter signing, do I have to get the book signed? I’m getting the book, but I’m also bringing my Carl and Ellie Funko 2 pack that i’d really love for him to sign. I know at regular conventions the talent will sign pretty much anything you hand them, but for Docter and Merrick it specifically says they’ll sign the book. If thats the case and I can get into the signing, i’ll just get the book signed
You will be taking your chances - from the Things to Know on D23 website -

Autograph Signing
Artists will only sign D23 Expo Autograph Cards or event merchandise purchased at the event. A valid D23 Expo receipt may be required as proof of purchase. Please do not bring any personal items to be signed.

You will be taking your chances - from the Things to Know on D23 website -

Autograph Signing
Artists will only sign D23 Expo Autograph Cards or event merchandise purchased at the event. A valid D23 Expo receipt may be required as proof of purchase. Please do not bring any personal items to be signed.

Well that answers that. Thank you. I wouldn’t know what I’d do without you guys answering questions I have that can be avoided by simply reading the guidelines lol. The help is much appreciated though

Well that answers that. Thank you. I wouldn’t know what I’d do without you guys answering questions I have that can be avoided by simply reading the guidelines lol. The help is much appreciated though
No worries - there is a lot of info out there in many different places.

I don’t know how often or whether they enforce this rule, maybe someone else can weigh in on that.

No worries - there is a lot of info out there in many different places.

I don’t know how often or whether they enforce this rule, maybe someone else can weigh in on that.
With Brad Bird, they were very strict about his signing the autograph cards (2 per person, which they had handed out in the line beforehand) ONLY. But, we were only the second couple in line and made him laugh about something in "Ratatouille," so he signed DH's Expo guidebook, too.

I'm a little surprised by the strict food policy. What convention haven't I been to that you can't bring snacks in? I may just still bring a few things to snack on and see what they do.

I'm a little surprised by the strict food policy. What convention haven't I been to that you can't bring snacks in? I may just still bring a few things to snack on and see what they do.

That’s what I plan to do too, because I have heard and read that they don’t consistently enforce it. I don’t get why places get so greedy about getting money when they aren’t providing food and water, basic life necessities, without long waits or sometimes even running out. The F1 track in Austin is terrible about it.

I mean seriously - you can bring in snacks to Disneyland, but not to a convention center? What about those of are diabetic and need something to eat in an emergency? Buy a candy bar at a vendor?

This is my first D23 Expo next week. I'm still guessing that the TalentPass won't be for the stuff at the Marvel booth? I saw a few months ago someone else mentioned we'd just have to register at their booth for any event?

I mean seriously - you can bring in snacks to Disneyland, but not to a convention center? What about those of are diabetic and need something to eat in an emergency? Buy a candy bar at a vendor?

It does say that if you have a medical need you can bring in food. I have food allergies and I hate, hate bringing attention to it, but events like this are the only place where god help the person who tries to stop me bringing in food.

Btw I can't see the signing on the site at all. I would assume it's under Disney Press' booth but nothing is there now about it. Is it listed in a different location?

It does say that if you have a medical need you can bring in food. I have food allergies and I hate, hate bringing attention to it, but events like this are the only place where god help the person who tries to stop me bringing in food.
Do they ask for paperwork indicating that you have food allergies?

Btw I can't see the signing on the site at all. I would assume it's under Disney Press' booth but nothing is there now about it. Is it listed in a different location?
They are on the schedule for Talent Central at 1:30 on Sunday,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter