New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

According to the App, there will be Gold Member lines for Friday and Sunday, and StagePass+ for Friday (Legends) only. Of course, that could change.

Oh foo! I was hoping to get StagePass for Sunday morning - that's the only "big" panel we really want to see, and we were hoping not to have to stay overnight in the convention center!

I have an iPhone as well and tried searching up a few different key words and yet the D23 Expo 2019 app is not surfacing in the App Store for me either...

I have an iPhone as well and tried searching up a few different key words and yet the D23 Expo 2019 app is not surfacing in the App Store for me either...

If you’ve had it before, you can go to your list of purchased apps. It still shows up as Expo 2017.

Every expo is a whole new game, and this year will be more so, since there are so many new rules and policies. There is no way to guess how it will be or what they’ll allow.

Every expo is a whole new game, and this year will be more so, since there are so many new rules and policies. There is no way to guess how it will be or what they’ll allow.

Oh... the joys of uncertainty...

Here we go everyone. The updated D23 Expo App is now live. I was able to download it by deleting last years app and redownloading it on IOS. Hopefully it will actually go live for everyone else who hasn’t had a previous years release of the app or on the play store later today. View attachment 422753
Thanks so much for sharing this info! I see the 2019 app has more info re signings and give aways plus other happenings, not yet shared via an Expo update on the D23 site. Time to start digging in and trying to plan some sort of schedule.

I had removed the Expo app from my phone after the last one. I went into my purchased apps and found it. It downloaded as the new one!..
Thank you for this tip! I was going nuts trying to find the new Expo app in the App Store.

Question for all: Any privacy issues that we should be aware of? Anything I want to turn off/on? Last Expo, some of us here turned off Google analytics, I think. Anything we should be aware of with the app this time around?

Question for all: Any privacy issues that we should be aware of? Anything I want to turn off/on? Last Expo, some of us here turned off Google analytics, I think. Anything we should be aware of with the app this time around?
In iOS after I updated the Expo app it asked for permission to access my Location and Notifications. For Location access, you can set it to Never, While Using the App, or Always.

Thank you for this tip! I was going nuts trying to find the new Expo app in the App Store.

I also turned off Disney’s Use of Data under Privacy settings in the app -

8D81AA84-8E89-4648-B5C0-749FE052CB2E.png

Trying something here, not sure if this will work -there is a way to share the app via email, when I send it to myself I get this link. This is for Apple IOS. Someone without the app will have to try this & see if it works,

I recommend the D23 Expo 2019 mobile app.
Follow this link to check it out: http://essaie.ca/app/d23expo-2019

Thank you! I notice you turned off Notifications -- is this something I should do? I think the first thing the app asked me when I opened it was if I wanted to allow alerts. Do I? (Totally not tech savvy here!)
I have notifications enabled, so I get the reminders on the things I mark as favorites along with any notifications D23 sends out, ie I got a notification thru the 2017 app when 2019 tickets were going on sale.

I would suggest turning those on, as I found them to be very helpful during Expo.

I have notifications enabled, so I get the reminders on the things I mark as favorites along with any notifications D23 sends out, ie I got a notification thru the 2017 app when 2019 tickets were going on sale.

I would suggest turning those on, as I found them to be very helpful during Expo.
Are Alerts the same thing as Notifications? Sorry if this is a silly question.

Are Alerts the same thing as Notifications? Sorry if this is a silly question.
No worries! I have to look on the app to see how it works myself.

Alerts are part of Notifications - see this capture. It allows you to select where & how to get the notifications. I have them all turned on, though I will likely turn off the Sounds so as to not disrupt panels.

6FA97AF5-8787-4A20-8A04-178997DA6C3B.jpeg

I will let you know here how it goes with my bag as I intend to bring it on day one. I may also toss in a small tape measure in case of challenge, to show it is smaller than the prohibited dimensions...
What brand of rolling bag are you bringing to Expo? I think DH's is too big, so have been cruising Amazon -- soooo many choices! Any recommendations, anyone? Any warnings?

No worries! I have to look on the app to see how it works myself.

Alerts are part of Notifications - see this capture. It allows you to select where & how to get the notifications. I have them all turned on, though I will likely turn off the Sounds so as to not disrupt panels.

View attachment 423049
Thank you! This is helpful.

What brand of rolling bag are you bringing to Expo? I think DH's is too big, so have been cruising Amazon -- soooo many choices! Any recommendations, anyone? Any warnings?
Mine is around 30 years old...an old carryon from before carry-ones became a replacement for checked luggage so it is not fancy at all & no inside pockets.

I’d look for one based on dimensions, because you want to be comfortable with it on the show floor and when you are in the middle of a row in a panel rather than on an aisle.

For comparisons with my bags -

Regular carry on is 22x14x9
My international carryon is 21x13x8
My old carryon I bring to Expo is 20x12.5x6.5 -narrower and shallower, so it easily fits in front of me in any row I’m in.

I’d look for a smaller size bag, 19” or 20”, as the rest of the bag will be proportional and overall it will be a smaller size. The smaller size also maneuvers very easily on the show floor with all of the people, I can have it closer to me either in front or behind, less likely to have someone trip over it.

I’d also look at weight and think about what you may have inside. There are times when I have to carry it up stairs, so lighter is better. I can carry mine with one hand up any stairs or on the escalator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter