New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

I just ordered my ticket last night for Sunday. They no longer give the option for delivery for the badges, its will call only. I got a confirmation number, but with the app no longer being available for non past D23 app users, and not having the physical badge before the event, will I lose my eligibility for the upcoming reservation system?

There is supposed to be a way for peeps who do not have their physical badges to sign up - info to be out sometime soon

Re the app, if you have Apple device, see my post on the previous page 15 with a link that might get you the 2019 Expo app. I don’t know if it will work but can’t hurt to try.

Thanks!

Unfortunately that link seems to only have links for music festival apps. I’m sure they’ll make the app available for everyone soon.

Thanks!

Unfortunately that link seems to only have links for music festival apps. I’m sure they’ll make the app available for everyone soon.
THanks for letting us know - i was not sure since I had kept the app from prior Expos.

If you had the prior app, you can get the new 2019 app. I was talked thru the process last night, lol. Delete old one. Go to your profile or whatever, and it is in as a past purchase.

Updates to the App this morning include the Shield panel showing back up and the We Love You 3000 showing up.

Updates to the App this morning include the Shield panel showing back up and the We Love You 3000 showing up.
However the schedule is now missing a bunch of arena presentations that I think were there yesterday like dancing with the stars or the Tarzan panel.

However the schedule is now missing a bunch of arena presentations that I think were there yesterday like dancing with the stars or the Tarzan panel.

It’s still not showing up in the App Store. My guess is that it’s not ready for public consumption yet.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/planning/ad...m=email&utm_term=0_01606ee371-a69897e330-9480
Some more trips for the expo that I wrote in case anyone wants to check it out.
These are great! Thank you! This will be my 4th Expo but things change at each one. You have to bring your patience and please don’t forget to be courteous to everyone. Don’t let something small ruin your whole weekend. And, unless something has changed this year, the food at the food trucks outside is much better than inside! Plus it’s nice to get out of the melee and relax for a few minutes. Have fun and stay hydrated!

I dont think they’d advertise the importance of using the app to only allow it to be accessible to those that had the app prior to this year. I think its safe to say theyre going to put it back up in the coming days, especially if its needed for the reservation system theyre putting into place

https://www.wdwinfo.com/planning/ad...m=email&utm_term=0_01606ee371-a69897e330-9480
Some more trips for the expo that I wrote in case anyone wants to check it out.
Thanks for sharing, another great article!

One question, the comment that vendors are not allowed to charge for autographs- is that a change in policy? I remember from the 2015 Expo, there were at least two booths charging for autographs. One was asking around $100 for Dick Van Dyke, and another around $25 for Ed Asner.

Can someone explain how the artist signings work? Specifically the tiki mug one. I know it is limited so do you have to buy one in the store beforehand or is it available to buy at the signing?

Thanks for sharing, another great article!

One question, the comment that vendors are not allowed to charge for autographs- is that a change in policy? I remember from the 2015 Expo, there were at least two booths charging for autographs. One was asking around $100 for Dick Van Dyke, and another around $25 for Ed Asner.

Yes, it did change. I did not attend in 2015 but people share experiences like the one you mentioned. In 2017, there were some Disney celebrities at booths, but they were not allowed to charge for autographs. So basically if the vendor wanted to pay a celebrity to be at their booth to drum up traffic, they could. One of the booths had Marty Sklar. I was able to meet him and have him sign my book for just the price of purchasing his book at the booth. So it was $20ish.

I've already heard from a facebook post that Margaret Kerry (the model for Tinkerbell), will be signing at a booth. I imagine it will be a similar deal as Marty Sklar, buy a copy of her book and she'll sign it.

Can someone explain how the artist signings work? Specifically the tiki mug one. I know it is limited so do you have to buy one in the store beforehand or is it available to buy at the signing?
Yes, you need to purchase the merchandise for any artist signings prior to the session. For the tiki mug, you'll need to buy it from the Disney store beforehand so plan accordingly.

Not techie at all. I have a iphone 7plus and have spent far too long trying to find out where and how to do this in the app. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks
Click on the cogwheel icon in the upper right corner when the app is open to find the privacy setting.

[QUOTE)=
Click on the cogwheel icon in the upper right corner when the app is open to find the privacy setting.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you !!!!!

I’d also look at weight and think about what you may have inside. There are times when I have to carry it up stairs, so lighter is better. I can carry mine with one hand up any stairs or on the escalator.
Good point -- I had thought about this and decided to try a kid's rolling bag. One of the reviewers was petite and specifically said that the bag size worked well for her, so we'll see how it goes. A smaller bag will also (I hope) restrict me from packing/buying/stuffing too many things into it.

A smaller bag will also (I hope) restrict me from packing/buying/stuffing too many things into it.
I also have a folding shopping bag or backpack in mine...just in case all purchases do not fit. My small collapsible chair also has a carabiner clip on the case so I can clip it outside the bag if needed. You never know what treasures you may find...:donald:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter