New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

So... my friend and I will both be going to the Expo and we both have the D23 Expo 2019 app downloaded on our smart phones. I am just wondering (for those who have done or are familiar with the badge activation process), should I activate both our badges on my device? Or should I have him do his own on his phone and app??

Then in terms of reservations... how will I be able to sync up our badges/accounts so we can be paired together in our reservations?? I’m just looking for the best way to activate and get the ball rolling...

Does anybody have advice on this? Our badges are arriving today.

Anybody get the email about how will call folks can activate their badges yet?

Does anybody have advice on this? Our badges are arriving today.
When I activated mine, there was an option to activate additional badges at the same time, so I suppose you could activate them both under your name and email address...

Not sure how that might work in linking it to the app. After I activated via the website I then tried the same in the app so any reservations I might get will also be linked to the app. I am activating one badge, when I then did same in the app it asked me for my badge # & email, but not my name, I am guessing because it was already initially activated via the website,

When I activated mine, there was an option to activate additional badges at the same time, so I suppose you could activate them both under your name and email address...

Not sure how that might work in linking it to the app. After I activated via the website I then tried the same in the app so any reservations I might get will also be linked to the app. I am activating one badge, when I then did same in the app it asked me for my badge # & email, but not my name, I am guessing because it was already initially activated via the website,

The extra badges were if you had multiple single day badges.

If you activate the badges one at a time, they ask for an name and e-mail address. If you activate your friends badge, you can just type in their name and e-mail address. I think it's important you put the right names on the badges.

If you activate the badges one at a time, they ask for an name and e-mail address. If you activate your friends badge, you can just type in their name and e-mail address. I think it's important you put the right names on the badges.
Thanks for clarifying...now I remember it was for single day badges.

We activated ours on the website - after I entered my badge number, name and email address and clicked Submit, it gave me the opportunity to activate another badge, so I entered DH's badge number, name and his email address (different from mine). We then each linked our badges to the apps on our phones (via the Badge Activation link) but could only link one to each app - after clicking Submit we got message that we had successfully activated but there was no opportunity to link another badge number.

I guess when we make online reservations, since the instructions say we can book more than one person at a time, we'll be entering the badge number and/or name/email address for the other person. I was hoping there would be a list like there is in MDE so we could just click the names of those we were reserving for.

Re: Chairs
Per one of my Facebook groups, there is some confusion internally with D23 about the chairs. They didn't take into account the overnight situation, so there may (probably, possibly) be an update regarding chairs later. Stay tuned! ;)

Glad you posted! I was just getting ready to type this. That Facebook group is really helpful.

Anybody get the email about how will call folks can activate their badges yet?

This information is supposedly coming soon.

If you are planning on doing the Skyline Lounge specifically for the fireworks view, don't. The view is mediocre to poor (it is over the TL side of the Matterhorn -- no view of the castle at all, no view of Main Street, no view of anyone/thing flying, no view of projections). If the fireworks get cancelled -- which is a not rare occurrence at DL -- you won't get a refund. You can get a very similar view of the fireworks from that angle for free from the tables at Galactic Grill on the side by Nemo -- you'll just be on the ground level. If fireworks are a priority for you, make the time to wait for a decent spot on Main Street, at the Hub, in front of the castle, or by IASW. I have yet to read a really good review of the Skyline Lounge on this board.

Thanks for the info. I think we’ll try for a better viewing area.

Lurker here with a question; hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me knows the answer. We have a family Gold membership...with my Disney account as the lead member. If my minor kiddo goes to the expo (age 17) with a ticket bought via the gold discount, can they not access the Gold Queue since their name is not on the membership card? I always assumed the family membership worked for the household, much like our museum and aquarium family memberships but upon closer D23 reading and badge registration requirements, I am thinking my kiddo can not access any of the family membership benefits if I am not present. (Which I won’t be...I will be at the beach, lol)

Lurker here with a question; hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me knows the answer. We have a family Gold membership...with my Disney account as the lead member. If my minor kiddo goes to the expo (age 17) with a ticket bought via the gold discount, can they not access the Gold Queue since their name is not on the membership card? I always assumed the family membership worked for the household, much like our museum and aquarium family memberships but upon closer D23 reading and badge registration requirements, I am thinking my kiddo can not access any of the family membership benefits if I am not present. (Which I won’t be...I will be at the beach, lol)
In the past, I don't think they checked card names against badge names too closely if at all. This year being with RFID and scanning of badges, hard to say how closely they will check. He/she will definitely need to have the card with him to access the gold queues. Maybe you can print off the card from the D23 website & then provide a note as to being your using the family membership just in case? Or contact D23 for guidance,

Will Call Guests
For guests who are picking up their badges at Will Call or have not yet received their badge in the mail, you will be able to look up your badge number on Wednesday, August 14 at 12:00p.m. PT. Once you retrieve your badge number, you can then activate and will be all set to make online reservations on Friday, August 16.

^ I got flagged for potential spamming but you look up your badge number on the D23 site Not sure if I’m the only will caller but figured I’d pass along the info

So... I’m not sure if I have a serious dilemma or not. Basically, we purchased both single day tickets for Friday and Saturday initially, thinking we’d skip Sunday in favor of the parks. That is, until they announced that Parks & Resorts would be held on Sunday morning. Sooo... we caved and bought another couple single day tickets for Sunday as well.

We had both our Friday and Saturday badges arrive in the mail today and got them activated. Initially, I didn’t think anything of it and I thought that the Saturday badges were actually Sunday until I just re-read them now. I know, I know... “Huge letters at the bottom, how could you confuse that??” Don’t judge, haha...

Anyway. So I guess that Friday and Saturday shipped separately from Sunday? I should suspect Sunday to turn up in the next couple days then?? Reservations open sooner than later and obviously we don’t have a lot of time to wait for our straggling Sunday.

Any advice on what to do??

Also... now that we have those tickets activated and in our app, the app doesn’t show that “register your badges” activation screen any longer. I know we can go to the website to activate the badges when they arrive... buuut... how would I get them synced up into our apps now?? Gah... blast... :\

Anyway. So I guess that Friday and Saturday shipped separately from Sunday? I should suspect Sunday to turn up in the next couple days then?? Reservations open sooner than later and obviously we don’t have a lot of time to wait for our straggling Sunday.
If they don't arrive by Wednesday, you can look up your badge number on D23Expo.com/Activate starting August 14th at 12:00pm PT. That applies to everyone, not just Will Call guests.

Also, the schedule in the app just added a whole bunch of giveaways, signings, and panels at the Pixar/Walt Disney Animation Studios booth. I suddenly have a lot of new conflicts and hard decisions to make.

Also, the schedule in the app just added a whole bunch of giveaways, signings, and panels at the Pixar/Walt Disney Animation Studios booth. I suddenly have a lot of new conflicts and hard decisions to make.
Thx for the heads up I had some of those I wanted to check out last time, and the first one was such a madhouse I ended up skipping all of the rest of them.

Any advice on what to do??

Also... now that we have those tickets activated and in our app, the app doesn’t show that “register your badges” activation screen any longer. I know we can go to the website to activate the badges when they arrive... buuut... how would I get them synced up into our apps now?? Gah... blast... :\
You may need to go the badge activation booth onsite for help, it is supposed to be open starting Thursday so you could go ahead of Expo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter