New DFTW website!

uhh....I'm still getting the old site. I don't see anything different, still getting "Wishbook." Help, anyone? :confused3:)

uhh....I'm still getting the old site. I don't see anything different, still getting "Wishbook." Help, anyone? :confused3:)

The old link (http://www.disneyweddings.go.com/site/gate/index.jsp) doesn't redirect to the new one yet - try this one:

http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/

It is so nice to see an updated website! The featured weddings are so beautiful. I really like the new pictures of SBP at the BW and the WP beach with the lounge furniture. I just wonder how much it cost!

The lack of specific pricing for many of the individual elements is frustrating, but I can totally see why they're doing it this way now: It's extremely difficult to keep up to date with the pricing of the myriad different components of a Disney wedding - this way they don't have to update the web site every time a price changes. :thumbsup2

The website is SO beautiful! *sigh* I'm in love all over again.

I love the feature on Couture weddings. The new information makes them look much more attractive.

I also love the design studio. So many new ideas. Though I wonder if you can use Couture elements in a Wishes wedding since they are in the design studio? :confused3 That would be wonderful! :goodvibes

Wow love the new website, spent ages going through the Design Studio.

Question, how do you know what flowers, or cake, go with which package?

I think the new website is nice, and you can get ideas. But for information, it's better to have Carrie's book!

Wow love the new website, spent ages going through the Design Studio.

Question, how do you know what flowers, or cake, go with which package?

There is only one Escape Package (well, if you choose the Wedding Pavilion, they call it the "Premium" package instead of the "Deluxe" package, but all the elements are the same except you get an organist in addition to the violinist), and there is only one Cruise Collection Package. You can choose any of the floral or cake designs from a list for your package.

So far, the Escape Collection area of the site doesn't have photos of the cake and bouquet choices, but hopefully that will change as they work out the kinks in the site. At the moment, you can see all the Escape bouquets if you go into the Wishes area of the site and look at "Personal Floral".... they are mixed in among the sample bouquets - they just don't have the Escape names on them.

I think the new website is nice, and you can get ideas. But for information, it's better to have Carrie's book!

:love2: :rotfl2:

Have Disney done away with the Wishbook facility on the website or am I just not able to see it?!

The Wish book is gone. However, its replacement, the Design Studio, has waaaay more photos and options in it. :thumbsup2

There is only one Escape Package (well, if you choose the Wedding Pavilion, they call it the "Premium" package instead of the "Deluxe" package, but all the elements are the same except you get an organist in addition to the violinist), and there is only one Cruise Collection Package. You can choose any of the floral or cake designs from a list for your package.

So far, the Escape Collection area of the site doesn't have photos of the cake and bouquet choices, but hopefully that will change as they work out the kinks in the site. At the moment, you can see all the Escape bouquets if you go into the Wishes area of the site and look at "Personal Floral".... they are mixed in among the sample bouquets - they just don't have the Escape names on them.

Thanx, hopefully they will still keep updating. Also following them on Twitter :)

Ok, I may be hallucinating, but I TOTALLY think one of those pics is me and DH. We used DPS. It doesn't have our heads in it but we have that pic on our mantle and it's definitley the identical, pose and cake, which happened to be a 3 tier Mickey's delight - and I dont think they do too many 3 tier cakes on the Commander's Terrace. I'll have to do a side by side comparison as soon as I get home!!! :rotfl: The only thing I think they did was change our custom Lilac colored cake to white - but it has the silver mickey's I requested and the silver ribbon at the bottom of each tier. I'm so excited - my arm and wedding cake could be famous!! :lmao:

It's the thumnail for the cakes on this page http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/weddings/florida/escape/included/detail

Thats OK, I KNOW one of the pics on the new site is ours. we had to sign over the rights to our photo and video. I was so excited for the new site launch and when i finally get on there the only pic that i can find is listed under the Wishes reception entertainment. and it;'s of Mickey and Minnie!!
:rotfl:guess the jokes on me!
Oh well still cool though here's the link

http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/weddings/florida/wishes/entertainment/detail

Its funny. The photos at the Grand Californian were styled by the person who is doing the floral and decor for our commitment ceremony. We saw the pictures before the were on the site. He's recreating the look for us, but its cool to see them on the site.

Its also nice that they have integrated Disneyland weddings and made things a bit more cohesive between the two programs.

uhm im kind of freaking out because they say that there is absolutley no more than 20 guests allowed for an escape and i worked out with my planner to pay more and have 25 so im hoping last minute she doesn't say...sorry but you need to cut people..

also it says that escape packages get discounted rooms and i never heard anything about this. Have any other escape brides gotten discounts???

I wouldnt get too excited about discounted rooms lol

At least at Disneyland, the room discounts are taken off the full rack rates. So for Paradise Pier (Disneyland's least expensive hotel) the wedding discount rate is $252 a night (down from $315). You can generally get better rates through your travel agent or AAA. Also, depending on when your wedding is you will probably get a better discount through whatever promotion Disney is currently running. I dont see those going away anytime too soon.

I remember reading about lots of brides signing over the rights to their pics for the new page and dvd, who else do we know that should be on there somewhere??

uhm im kind of freaking out because they say that there is absolutley no more than 20 guests allowed for an escape and i worked out with my planner to pay more and have 25 so im hoping last minute she doesn't say...sorry but you need to cut people...

Don't let the web site scare you! If you worked it out with your planner, they are not going to change it on you at the last minute. It's just that this five extra guests thing is something they may not always offer, so the website has the standard info on it.

also it says that escape packages get discounted rooms and i never heard anything about this. Have any other escape brides gotten discounts???

You can get a 10% discount off rack rate by setting up a room block, but it does not have the same flexibility as the Wishes room block or the free night for filling 25 room nights. As UbIwerks said, it's not that great a deal when you consider all the promotions they're running right now.

thanks lurkyloo! I feel better now. We took advantage of the buy 4 get 3 free deal, DF and i actually bought 8 and we are getting 6 free. My family has also been booking for that deal as well, so the discounts probably would not have helped all that much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter