• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Disney Commercial

Luv Bunnies

DIS Veteran
I saw a new Disney World commercial the other day that's had me thinking. I've only seen it once so I might not have the exact details right. This family is checking into their resort and the CM asks if she can do anything to make their stay more magical. They start listing the things they want to do (ride the monorail, relax at the pool, etc.). It all seems routine and doable until the daughter says, "Have lunch with a princess!" The CM says, "Let me see what I can do." And she goes to work on her computer with pixie dust swirling around. Then they show the family doing all the things they listed, including a meal with Cinderella.

My first thought was, "Really, they didn't make an ADR for CRT and they were able to get in that quickly?" Is Disney setting false expectations with this commercial? Will the unseasoned visitors think, "We don't have to make any reservations because our front desk CM will make it all happen for us when we get there." At the end of the commercial, they show the family returning to the resort after their perfect day. They give the CM a look of happiness and disbelief that she was able to make their dreams come true. The CM just smiles at them. Cute commercial, but a bit unrealistic, perhaps? Has anyone else seen it?

I've seen it. Didn't give it much thought but you're right. It is unrealistic. Most princess meals will require an adr made well before check in.

I heard Disney was going to keep a few ADR's open on each day, that only CM's (Concierge) can book. We were told this last February. Maybe this has something to do with Disney shutting down the people that ran the webpage that helped you with hard to get ADR's

Yeah, that's about as realistic as walking up to the castle holding Mickey's hand.

I can see where the casual visitor might get the wrong impression from that.

Even if Concierge has a few available to them, that's not your average visitor.

It is very unrealistic, and it would never happen. That is like building peoples hopes up and then the let down happens when you spend all that money. But that is what commercials do. That is how the kids today are being sucked into things about having it all.This commercial has been out for a while now. Unless it is just hitting your area.

I saw a new Disney World commercial the other day that's had me thinking. I've only seen it once so I might not have the exact details right. This family is checking into their resort and the CM asks if she can do anything to make their stay more magical. They start listing the things they want to do (ride the monorail, relax at the pool, etc.). It all seems routine and doable until the daughter says, "Have lunch with a princess!" The CM says, "Let me see what I can do." And she goes to work on her computer with pixie dust swirling around. Then they show the family doing all the things they listed, including a meal with Cinderella.

My first thought was, "Really, they didn't make an ADR for CRT and they were able to get in that quickly?" Is Disney setting false expectations with this commercial? Will the unseasoned visitors think, "We don't have to make any reservations because our front desk CM will make it all happen for us when we get there." At the end of the commercial, they show the family returning to the resort after their perfect day. They give the CM a look of happiness and disbelief that she was able to make their dreams come true. The CM just smiles at them. Cute commercial, but a bit unrealistic, perhaps? Has anyone else seen it?
I know. I saw that commercial and was like "yeah, right".

Old commercial (maybe a year ago maybe the first of this year) and there was this exact same sort of discussion then as well.

It's a commercial, take it for what it is.

Disney has been setting up false expectations in their park commercials since the beginning of park commercials, LOL. Nothing new here.

BTW, sort of off topic, but about that fast food picture above, I've never had a Taco Bell taco that looked that bad! All the "reality" burgers look pretty accurate, but that taco just looks weird, almost like the cheese is melted or not even shredded.

I know that advert. Flora the concierge. She's cute. :lovestruc

Saw that too. I thought people would just assume they offered those things, but still plan them in advance. (That particular concierge does have fairy wings, after all.) But maybe I'm just biased from being on here. - I've gotten used to people who know how Disney works.

Disney has been setting up false expectations in their park commercials since the beginning of park commercials, LOL. Nothing new here.

BTW, sort of off topic, but about that fast food picture above, I've never had a Taco Bell taco that looked that bad! All the "reality" burgers look pretty accurate, but that taco just looks weird, almost like the cheese is melted or not even shredded.
Really?!?! Because I was thinking that my tacos never look that good. The meat has already saturated the shell and it's soggy and there's never enough filling that it would be that visible. Lol!

They've been showing that around here for 2-3 months now and my wife and I thought the same as all above. Yeah, right.

Same as the older commercial showing a little girl running toward Cinderella and hugging her and other princesses in the Rose Garden. I always watched that commercial and thought, fact vs fiction. Fiction running up to Cinderella with no wait, fact standing in line for however long to get a quick picture and off you go.

I just saw it yesterday for the first time. It made me roll my eyes, but that's advertising. If they showed the family arguing with the cm over a magic band that didn't work and then waiting in line for an hour for a ride it wouldn't bring in the big spenders!

We laugh every time we see it!! I mean the one kid wants to ride the monorail? Really?? It stinks and breaks down a lot. Why would you want to ride that lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter