New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

More interested about what itineraries they are going to operate with the Destiny. We know the Dream is now going to stay in Fort Lauderdale and run to Castaway and Lookout. The Magic is going to rotate around the Caribbean. The Fantasy is likely going to be summering in Europe and wintering out of Florida. The Wonder seems to be locked in on the Pacific, and the Adventure is going to serve the Orient.

My instinct is that Lookout Cay /Lighthouse Point is rather underutilized with their current schedule. I could see the Destiny taking over the Wish's 4/3 schedule for volume to meet the desires of people wanting to sail the new ship, and the Wish then doing Dream-like trips, with lots of 5 nighters to Castaway and Lookout out of Port Canaveral, because Disney now needs to run three ships out of PC most of the time. Then the Fantasy will join the Dream in Port Everglades, as the Disney/Port Everglades agreement calls for 750k passengers each year, again probably running 4 or 5 night cruises in the fall, winter and early spring. The Magic will then bounce around to Galveston, New Orleans, Puerto Rico and some other origin ports throughout the year...
Would it make sense to only have the same style of ship at one port? The Dream/Fantasy are basically the same along with Wish/Treasure/Destiny. Wouldn’t it be better to pair Dream w a Trition class?

Would it make sense to only have the same style of ship at one port? The Dream/Fantasy are basically the same along with Wish/Treasure/Destiny. Wouldn’t it be better to pair Dream w a Trition class?

If the Triton class can refuel at Port Everglades, I think they'd need to have one down there. I'm not sure if having all three out of PC makes sense either.

I want to be cautiously optimistic about them taking some time to maybe reconsider their space utilization from any comments on the Wish, but it’s not that high.

Front of the ship looks identical to me, but not a lot of visible detail in these first two renderings.

From what I recall, they have to refuel out of PC for the Triton Class, at least for now. Maybe that will change?

It feels to me like DCL is starting to overextend itself… This theming doesn’t really excite me very much either… Some of the things on the Wish and Treasure I found really intriguing… Maybe details will change my mind… Most compelling thing is Hercules dinner show which I would prefer to Coco….

I won't be surprised if they keep all 3 of the new ones at PC in the beginning since it's closer to DW get more people doing a land & sea vacation with the pull of brand new ships. I bet once they retire the Magic and the Wonder there will be a ship itinerary switch up.

I'd put my money on DCL moving the Wish or Treasure out of PC to make way for the Destiny (I personally hate the name), with most likely the Wish, being 4 years old at that time, moving out. I can see them taking a year or 2 to figure out what to do with all the ships going forward. I wouldn't be surprised to see a full time West Coast ship, 2 full time PC ships, a full time PE ship, a ship that splits between NY or Baltimore and Galveston or NOLA, and a ship that splits between PE and Europe.

It feels to me like DCL is starting to overextend itself

3rd ship nearly identical is just not going to have the same excitement as the 1st, but I don't think that means DCL is overextending itself. We'll probably get details on the Adventure soon, and we already know that ship will be a dramatic departure from the Triton class.

I had said earlier that I'm hoping for lower prices on DCL, but mostly from a purely micro economics perspective: DCL is pushing further into the "production possibility curve" and will meet marginal customers that are much more price sensitive, necessarily reducing prices for all sailings.

But I do not think DCL is running out of creative juice, at least not anymore than any company launching their 3rd ship of the same class.

I just looked at two verandas on the Dream for a Marvel Day at Sea sailing compared to a 1-bedroom, and the 1-bedroom concierge is only 6.8% more expensive for us. But on the Treasure, it's 33% more expensive.

And yes, our choices are only connecting veranda rooms or 1-bedroom concierge. Everything else is either too small or too expensive for us.
Sorry you are having to explain your choices in cruising.

They could anticipate the new Hercules live action movie being a hit? That’s the only thing that comes to my mind.

And yes to a Villains night replacing the Pirates night!

Sorry you are having to explain your choices in cruising.
Oh I don't mind. Really, I'm happy to share this tip for others because I am mostly priced out of DCL, but for anyone that feels cramped in a single veranda cabin that's pricing out 2 cabins, I recommend they at least see if a concierge 1-bedroom will work for them, because the cabins and concierge lounge are great and only a smidge more expensive in some instances.

Would love for the Magic to come northeast more and possibly leave out of NYC/Baltimore
That would be very convenient, and the itineraries could do New England, Canada, and Bermuda, which I haven't done but would like to. But when will they retire the ship?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter