New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

This was from their website where there were different drop down menus for ships part of the fleet. I looked at "Planned" and only saw 2 unnamed ships, so clicked "Under Construction" and was pleasantly surprised to see the Wish listed. :confused3
I know I went and looked. I had to use the pages translator to go from German to English so I could read it. Page opened in German for me. This is from their FB page regarding one of the other ships they are building which is an example of why I think it could possibly be the pages translator not getting things 100% correct. Emphasis by me.

"Yesterday, the 140 meter-long engine room module for the AIDAcosma from NEPTUN WERFT arrived at our place. The module is expected to be swam into our covered building dock on Saturday morning, where it will be further equipped"

Heres another one.

Big thing was moved yesterday in our covered building dock: A 694 ton block with a base area of over 1.500 m2 was lifted on Deck 16 of Odyssey of the Seas for the Royal Caribbean International shipping company. (RCI cruise line maybe?) The block is therefore larger than some plots of a single-family house.

I not discounting that they did start, just looking at the translation levels, just makes me think twice.

No translation issue (I am German and read the German version to check). The blurb is the one that will stay around for when the ship moves to delivered on the website, I would think. I looked at language on the in planning section for ships and they use present tense there, too. It’s not totally incorrect or uncommon in German to describe something that is planned or being built by using present tense. Is steel cutting should happen late in March, I am sure they have started prep work for that by now, so it makes sense from the company‘s point of view that she is being built already as they have workers on the ground for the Wish.

No translation issue (I am German and read the German version to check). The blurb is the one that will stay around for when the ship moves to delivered on the website, I would think. I looked at language on the in planning section for ships and they use present tense there, too. It’s not totally incorrect or uncommon in German to describe something that is planned or being built by using present tense. Is steel cutting should happen late in March, I am sure they have started prep work for that by now, so it makes sense from the company‘s point of view that she is being built already as they have workers on the ground for the Wish.
Translation issue may not have been the best descriptor. I can see a difference how one language is used or interpreted vs another, which is what may have happened here like you said. What I was thinking, was the way that the translation program reads or interprets certain words, and how a word in 1 language doesnt always come across correctly in another. Like the 1 example where it said the engine room section swam into the bldg. MW also uses Shipping company when describing the names of the cruise lines that they build ships for. Where it may be normal in German, it looks odd and out of place for for others.

A Palo level chinese food. Yum!

YES -- this. HAL has a wonderful upscale Asian that we just love. Check out page one for restaurant theme suggestions. I said it there and I'll say it again, a 40's themed restaurants for adults, lamps on the table, and a dance floor with 40's music would be amazing.

I wonder if New Orleans has a chance of being considered as a normal rotational port.
Normal rotation probably not. However there is a gap when the Wish arrives and certain contracts start that is empty at the moment.

I said it there and I'll say it again, a 40's themed restaurants for adults, lamps on the table, and a dance floor with 40's music would be amazing.
When we first sailed on the Magic on her summer cruises in '13 and '14 they had a pianist, Tim Moss, who played many jazz and swing standards of the era. He went on to play on the Wonder but with a different clientele he played different music.

Just catching up to this again -- and was shocked to see so many pages added. Overall, is there anything mentioned that anyone wants me to note on page one for reference?

Im wondering. no pun intended, if the covid19 restrictions are going to throw a monkey wrench into the steel cutting plans that are supposed to be next weekend. It is a tradition, and if you believe in those things, it could spell trouble down the line. (I think some of Fantasies recurring issues may stem from her Christening almost faux pas)

Im wondering. no pun intended, if the covid19 restrictions are going to throw a monkey wrench into the steel cutting plans that are supposed to be next weekend. It is a tradition, and if you believe in those things, it could spell trouble down the line. (I think some of Fantasies recurring issues may stem from her Christening almost faux pas)
What happened at the Fantasy christening?

What happened at the Fantasy christening?
In naval tradition, a female sponsors the ship, and christens it, usually breaking a bottle of champagne on the bow. Mariah Carey thought it would be a good idea to have her husband Nick Cannon christen the Fantasy at the last minute, I think she actually said the words in the atrium, but Nick was standing on the platform with Minnie when the bottle was broken. By all rights according to tradition, she should have been standing there on the platform.

Also what issues has the Fantasy had? Not agreeing or disagreeing, but I'm just curious as I haven't heard of any — but also I don't think I'm as knowledgeable as some aspects of DCL as others!

Also what issues has the Fantasy had? Not agreeing or disagreeing, but I'm just curious as I haven't heard of any — but also I don't think I'm as knowledgeable as some aspects of DCL as others!
Fantasy is the sole ship plaqued by vibrations in the aft end of the ship, on some occasions worse then others and also has had several breakdowns that have impacted 1 or more cruises and destinations.

There's a video on youtube, but I can't hear any sound, so I don't know exactly what it's saying or if it even applies.....

So does anyone think the Wish construction might be pushed back months or even years due to the huge financial loss Disney is taking now and over the next few months?

So does anyone think the Wish construction might be pushed back months or even years due to the huge financial loss Disney is taking now and over the next few months?
Probably not. All of the money, has already been procured, and there a pretty good way in the process. Possibly a delay for the first steel ceremony but I doubt theyll delay the ship, since theyll.need them to start paying themselves off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter