New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

It was stuff that people complained about early in the Dream classes sailings. I never witnessed it myself, but knew if I was going on one of the dream classes I was going to look back and see which rooms I needed to avoid. But as it turns out they must have solved the problem, like you said, with a couple cups of water or some thing else. I never did understand why some of the carpets were wet. For the wet carpets and bathroom issues people were getting different cabins at the time. Seems like a entire deck section was having an issue once with wet carpet. But it was a LONG time ago, and those early records are hard to find now that they switched over to a new method on the board here.

But eventually those complaints stopped. The old room reviews my still have those problems documented????
The sewer smell which seems to be from all of the ships, I found out by accident at work one day. when they built our new station, one of the guys I worked with mentioned that the p traps in the floor drains, had small water lines connected to it, from the sink so every time you used the sink, it would top off the p trap to keep the smells out. On our next cruise, I put some water in the traps, and any smell stopped real quick. Disney I dont think figured this out yet, as Ive seen tape over the drains, and personally watched a plumber scratch his head trying to figure it out where the smell was coming from. He never did. It was after this trip, I learned the water in the drain trick and it makes perfect sense to me now. Its the first thing I do whether or not we smell anything.
Havent seen any issues with wet carpets lately but it also seems to have happened on all of the ships at 1 point in time or another, for different reasons. I googled it real quick and room reports show up with wet carpets.

I doubt anything changes with the Wish's webcam situation. I really believe it disappeared only because Disney wanted it to. And the AIDAcosma doesn't look ready to float out of the hall yet either, so the Wish will be staying in its current location for now.

I am curious to know what Disney's PR plan is though, because there are lots of interesting factors to consider:
  • They'll want to do some big PR announcements before putting the Wish cruises on sale
  • The Wish's maiden voyage might be <16 months away, so they can't wait super long to start selling
  • COVID makes any in-person PR announcement events challenging in the short term
  • They need to get the other ships' summer 2022 voyages on sale relatively soon
  • It might be undesirable to not have summer 2022 3/4 day cruises from Port Canaveral available if the Wish is taking that role but not being sold yet
  • The first Wish mega-block will get floated out within a few months if they want to announce while they still have complete secrecy

To date Disney has never turned a camera off. Looking at the latest webcam, the Camera moved again on the AidaCosma, which is in front of the Wish. You can see 1 of the Wish funnels off to the side. Even with the Dream class, the ships were in full view and they were on the yard tour. Wish should be the same way. The Wish is visible to anyone that takes the tour. Its no secret except to Disney.
Im curious also as to the pr plan, Seems like they dont have one. Youtube is full of videos of the different parts either transitting the Eems, or in the yard itself.

Disney could do a lot of things with the Wish virtually. For what ever reason, there not. But considering the headache I have now of trying to figure out why they are sending all of my communications to my dad, and me not getting any, it somehow doesn't surprise me. Ive only been trying to fix this for 2 years now.

As an example, heres a link to the P&O Arvia steel cutting

AidaCosma is almost completely done structurally. Shell be out not long after the Oddesey transits, which is probably this coming weekend.

2020_02_21_halle_6_2_w466_1022x520.jpg

Last edited:
To date Disney has never turned a camera off. Looking at the latest webcam, the Camera moved again on the AidaCosma, which is in front of the Wish. You can see 1 of the Wish funnels off to the side. Even with the Dream class, the ships were in full view and they were on the yard tour. Wish should be the same way. The Wish is visible to anyone that takes the tour. Its no secret except to Disney.
Im curious also as to the pr plan, Seems like they dont have one. Youtube is full of videos of the different parts either transitting the Eems, or in the yard itself.

Disney could do a lot of things with the Wish virtually. For what ever reason, there not. But considering the headache I have now of trying to figure out why they are sending all of my communications to my dad, and me not getting any, it somehow doesn't surprise me. Ive only been trying to fix this for 2 years now.

AidaCosma is almost completely done structurally. Shell be out not long after the Oddesey transits, which is probably this coming weekend.

If Disney has never turned a camera off, then where did the Wish's webcam go? The shipyard has no incentive to unilaterally take down the camera. Disney is their customer, and if Disney still wanted the webcam up then it would still be up for us to see. And this sort of ridiculous denial of existence fits with some of Disney's recent approach to PR.

Also, I think the yard is currently closed to tours, so the Wish can't be seen in that way. The website says they plan to reopen on March 26th.

The AidaCosma might be close to done structurally, but it's still a long way from being ready to float out of the hall. Even in that webcam photo it's clear that a lot of the cabins haven't been put in yet. And the AidaCosma isn't due for delivery until fall so there isn't a big rush. Similarly, with the Wish's anticipated delivery in the spring of 2022 she doesn't need a full length spot in the building hall until July or August of this year.

It really seems like Disney will need to make some announcements for the Wish at some point in the near future. Or maybe they'll just destroy precedent and suddenly put the sailings on sale one day. It's not like they're approaching any of this with much logic, after all.

If Disney has never turned a camera off, then where did the Wish's webcam go? The shipyard has no incentive to unilaterally take down the camera. Disney is their customer, and if Disney still wanted the webcam up then it would still be up for us to see. And this sort of ridiculous denial of existence fits with some of Disney's recent approach to PR.

Also, I think the yard is currently closed to tours, so the Wish can't be seen in that way. The website says they plan to reopen on March 26th.

The AidaCosma might be close to done structurally, but it's still a long way from being ready to float out of the hall. Even in that webcam photo it's clear that a lot of the cabins haven't been put in yet. And the AidaCosma isn't due for delivery until fall so there isn't a big rush. Similarly, with the Wish's anticipated delivery in the spring of 2022 she doesn't need a full length spot in the building hall until July or August of this year.

It really seems like Disney will need to make some announcements for the Wish at some point in the near future. Or maybe they'll just destroy precedent and suddenly put the sailings on sale one day. It's not like they're approaching any of this with much logic, after all.
Since MW is moving to 2 ships per year, the cameras are on the 2 priority ships. Same way the camera in the other hall is off. Wish is just caught in the transition from 3 to 2
MW simply had 4 ships in the process when the decision was made.we should know for sure when Oddesey moves out. Even when the yard reopens for tours in March, Wish will be visible.
Cosma is scheduled for a late May maiden so her days are numbered.figure 3 weeks along side im Papenberg and 4 to 6 weeks of testing means an early to mid March float out. They can knock those remaining cabins out in a few days. I wouldn't be surprised if they swap Wish and Cosma right after Oddesey leaves, since the Wish is out of growing space. Last pic I saw, she has grown as far as she can in the segmented dock. She's scheduled for a summer 2022 maiden. Using July 1st as a neutral date, they should be announcing her booking some time in the next month or so. Key word should. Assuming a 16 to 18 month window.. Its possible their pr department has been furloughed which would explain alot.

Since MW is moving to 2 ships per year, the cameras are on the 2 priority ships. Same way the camera in the other hall is off. Wish is just caught in the transition from 3 to 2
MW simply had 4 ships in the process when the decision was made.we should know for sure when Oddesey moves out. Even when the yard reopens for tours in March, Wish will be visible.
Cosma is scheduled for a late May maiden so her days are numbered.figure 3 weeks along side im Papenberg and 4 to 6 weeks of testing means an early to mid March float out. They can knock those remaining cabins out in a few days. I wouldn't be surprised if they swap Wish and Cosma right after Oddesey leaves, since the Wish is out of growing space. Last pic I saw, she has grown as far as she can in the segmented dock. She's scheduled for a summer 2022 maiden. Using July 1st as a neutral date, they should be announcing her booking some time in the next month or so. Key word should. Assuming a 16 to 18 month window.. Its possible their pr department has been furloughed which would explain alot.
I think that's a really silly reason to take down a camera, but as you said, we'll see in a week.

Do you have a source for an AIDAcosma maiden in late May? I thought I read that she had been delayed, and the first cruise I see available leaves Kiel on October 23rd 2021.

Personally, I think the Wish's maiden will be scheduled closer to June 1st than July 1st, but that's just speculation.

I think that's a really silly reason to take down a camera, but as you said, we'll see in a week.

Do you have a source for an AIDAcosma maiden in late May? I thought I read that she had been delayed, and the first cruise I see available leaves Kiel on October 23rd 2021.

Personally, I think the Wish's maiden will be scheduled closer to June 1st than July 1st, but that's just speculation.
It may seem silly to us but you never know.

Here's the last I've seen on Cosma. Shes destined for European cruises and I think I looked it up on Aidas site one day.
According to Disneys site they just say summer of 22. Nothing specific. Figuring 16 to 18 months to book and pif would put it somewhere in July. But thats just a guess based on past practice.

Thanks to the DCLCB for this video. Couple of more pieces to the puzzle.

So 4 bow thrusters instead of the 3 on Dream and Fantasy. Not that it makes much difference to those sailing on her but a bit of an additional engineering change.

So 4 bow thrusters instead of the 3 on Dream and Fantasy. Not that it makes much difference to those sailing on her but a bit of an additional engineering change.
Yep. Little bit more more power. But then again heavier ship. Which speaks to her power consumption and generating capabilities.

When will the deck plans for the Wish likely be released? I was just reading elsewhere that as some sailings have now been taken off sale for Magic, it may mean that summer 2022 sailings are going to be released. Would you just book a category on release rather than a specific room?

When will the deck plans for the Wish likely be released? I was just reading elsewhere that as some sailings have now been taken off sale for Magic, it may mean that summer 2022 sailings are going to be released. Would you just book a category on release rather than a specific room?

Your gues is as good as anyones at the moment. DCL has done a poor job at hyping the Wish compared to other lines that have ships in the pipeline and coming online. In theory ot should be any time now that they announce bookings and plans. But with DCLs silence no one really knows.

Past practice DCL gave us about 2 years of warning and payments. Were getting close to the 1 year mark.

If summer sailings get released tomorrow or next week I wouldn't be surprised if the Wish isn't included. With the Dream presumably moving to Miami, this would mean that 3/4 day cruises from Port Canaveral would be missing initially. Then they could announce more details about the Wish in 1-2 months and put it on sale thereafter.

If I understand correctly, when the Dream was being built Disney held an event in October 2009 during which they announced her key features and the maiden voyage date (in January 2011), as well as released deck plans. Then sailings went on sale a week or two later. A similar timeline applied to the Wish would suggest getting more information released next month.

Not entirely ship related.... but ibrealised disney still hasn't released environmental impact information for Lighthouse Point and Joe Rohde obviously isn't on the project now.... I guess with the other two ships delayed Castaway Cay will be able to pick up some slack in the mean time. But I do wonder how this huge financial loss for the cruise line will impact future plans for the island.

Meyer Werft's webcam has been updated following the Odyssey's conveyance...and the Wish still isn't on it.

I'm wondering if Disney is going to delay taking possession of the Wish. Similar to Iona. Which would explain a lot. Maybe say Feb of 23? Especially at the rate cruising isn't going now. Rather then do a reduced maiden capacity or potentially no stops.

Last edited:
empty your cookies. I had the same problem this morning and on occasion. Clearing my cookies and cache fixed it on more then 1 occasion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter