New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

I noticed a subtle change in wording in the current Disney Files: Disney Treasure “is scheduled for delivery in 2024.” Are they walking back the claim that it will actually sail in 2024? We know cruise ship construction is still susceptible to delays and many of us had already thought late next year was a stretch.

I don’t think they’d put a ship in Europe year round either. However they could definitely extend their Europe season by a couple of weeks each end with more ships. Or have two in Europe - one doing Northern Europe and one doing the Med. (think they’d have to drop their prices a bit to make that work though.)

And then just have a different ship do cruises from NY, potentially over the summer as well rather than just September/October.
I wish there were summer cruises from NYC.

I noticed a subtle change in wording in the current Disney Files: Disney Treasure “is scheduled for delivery in 2024.” Are they walking back the claim that it will actually sail in 2024? We know cruise ship construction is still susceptible to delays and many of us had already thought late next year was a stretch.
Did Disney actually make a previous claim that the maiden would be in 2024?

I've suspected for a while that delivery will be sometime in (calendar) Q4 2024, which may or may not correspond to a maiden in '24 based on how construction goes over the next 20 months and when the exact delivery date is.

It would be nice if they had a newer ship for Alaska.
I would actually like them to commit to a ship to Alaska that is purpose built. So more indoor spaces for viewing etc. They did have a better space before they put the concierge lounge in Outlook cafe.

I’m not worried about indoor pools etc but having cafes with scenic views would be perfect.

I would actually like them to commit to a ship to Alaska that is purpose built. So more indoor spaces for viewing etc. They did have a better space before they put the concierge lounge in Outlook cafe.

I’m not worried about indoor pools etc but having cafes with scenic views would be perfect.
The tourist season is shorter in Alaska though. A good deal of seasonal businesses close because they actually have short a tourist season which is where the money is made. People would have nothing to do because the business owners leave and head back to their home state. Alaska weather just shuts down tourism not only ships but the auto traffic stops also. If you give up the empty port stops to just those most south (like Vancouver) it’s going to get boring fast with risky winter adventures. I’m sure they could add snowboarding, cross country skiing, ice fishing, amd snowmobiling or the more popular golf carts on steroids the people seem to be using now. To be honest, I’m a little concerned for sled dogs and a boom in the sledding business.
Disney already could already be there earlier and later. They can’t give away the sailings before and after Alaska. I was thinking about taking one in a few weeks just because of the price.

Disney already could already be there earlier and later. They can’t give away the sailings before and after Alaska. I was thinking about taking one in a few weeks just because of the price.
I’m not saying have a ship there full time. I’m saying they could easy add say, more scenic view cafes. Things like having the sports area indoor (like the Wish does) would also work. Disney already retrofitted the Wonder to have a scenic cafe before that space was given to Concierge. Most of the other lines that do Alaska do have more indoor areas.

I’m not saying have a ship there full time. I’m saying they could easy add say, more scenic view cafes. Things like having the sports area indoor (like the Wish does) would also work. Disney already retrofitted the Wonder to have a scenic cafe before that space was given to Concierge. Most of the other lines that do Alaska do have more indoor areas.
I took a transplant recipient, who couldn’t stand the cold after the surgery. It would’ve made it so much nicer of a trip if we could actually have sat there and watched the scenery. I would love if they could make more places for viewing.

it's the same design buildwise as the wish so the construction should take less time. the difference will be inside and those designs are pretty much done from what i unerstand. So it is entirely possible that the treasure could be sailining by christmas next year and definitely by january 2025

I wonder because there really isn't much talk about it and absolutly NOTHING about the next ship. The last thing I read was that it would be 3rd quarter of 2024, but that seems so unlikely. They have put out so little to build hype. We are planning to take our next trip in early December of 2024. I would be happy to sail on the Wish, but I would also be happy to do the Treasure. I wonder what the resteraunts and what lounges there will be???

It is a bit odd they haven’t teased the interiors at all yet. They have to know the theming by this point. Even if slight layout changes they know the themes.

I know they don’t want a repeat of the Wish launch delay or to give away cruises at 50% off as a result.

Maybe we’ll get luck and they’re busy redesigning some of the interior spaces based on feedback. Clearly no major design changes are feasible but maybe some tweaks are going on.

The latest timeline for lighthouse point has been summer season 2024 so I’d assume barring any delays that might be the treasures estimated timeline (with the Name announcement of triton 3 being announced at D23 2024)

It is a bit odd they haven’t teased the interiors at all yet. They have to know the theming by this point. Even if slight layout changes they know the themes.

I know they don’t want a repeat of the Wish launch delay or to give away cruises at 50% off as a result.

Maybe we’ll get luck and they’re busy redesigning some of the interior spaces based on feedback. Clearly no major design changes are feasible but maybe some tweaks are going on.

I thought we saw the design of the main hall (I refuse to call it an atrium when half of it is blocked off with a stage and castle wall) when they announced the name at D23. Because I remember thinking it's ridiculously dark if that's it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter